Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Is Worthless

xBigbossx

So I have recently come back to the and i wanted to use Vauban.  Little did i know he has been nerfed into oblivion he is a crowd control frame that has had almost all of his CC taken from him because that would be too overpowered if he where to do the one thing he was designed to do i got his augments and guess what they got nerfed also Link Tesla is so worthless that if i had the choice between Tesla Link and intruder i would take the latter.  Repelling Bastille seems to never work at maxed rank and to top it all off if you even want to just use him for the sake of using him he has no shields health or armor.  It seems almost as if Nyx is a better choice for CC than Vauban can ever be at this point.

Vaubaun is still the king of Infested CC. Also, how long have you been gone. There haven't been any changes to Vauban in a long time.

Also, also, yah, tesla link is pretty underwhelming right now. It used to be awesome, but was toned down because it was causing PCs to burst into flames.

And Repelling Bastille tends to be a bit inconsistent, but keep in mind that it scales off of power strength. This means that if you are using Overextended, you are going to have a bad day.

Vaubaun is still the king of Infested CC. Also, how long have you been gone. There haven't been any changes to Vauban in a long time.

Also, also, yah, tesla link is pretty underwhelming right now. It used to be awesome, but was toned down because it was causing PCs to burst into flames.

And Repelling Bastille tends to be a bit inconsistent, but keep in mind that it scales off of power strength. This means that if you are using Overextended, you are going to have a bad day.

I have been gone a few months but i dont use any stretch mods or -power str so i have no idea what is causing it but in infested defense i can just as easily keep the pod alive and myself using a Nyx and chaos if not better or a Hydroid or Zephyr

Yeah he does better in infested missions but he is also great for evrything else.

I usually run him to defend void missions, setting up 2 bastiles with maxed range to cover the importan routes. Only get enemys in shooting range when they run out basicly, covering that problem with a quick vortex.

Its not like i tested it out propperly but i fail to see a problem with him...

Clearly none of you have used Vauban back in the day he was an exceptional frame compared to what he is now.  The fact he is limited to such a small scope of missions is proof enough that he has taken a massive hit in power.

Clearly none of you have used Vauban back in the day he was an exceptional frame compared to what he is now.  The fact he is limited to such a small scope of missions is proof enough that he has taken a massive hit in power.

Ummm...No.

Just, No.

From a player who has exclusively used Vauban in every mission type since his release, I have to disagree. I remember when Bastille was completely unaffected by Power Strength in those early days and Tesla being broken to an extreme extent, but I would say that Vauban now is as formidable and better than he was in those early days. It just takes a hand with modding and an advanced awareness of the battlefield for him to be effective.

Also If you're having trouble with "Tesla Link" and "Repelling Bastille" then there's something wrong with your build, because they work fine for many other people who have those mods.

Yeah, you should probably stick to Loki so you don't actually have to play the game.

If by worthless you mean "one of the best crowd control frames who can go for hours in survival and defense and only really needs efficiency and range to be stellar at his job and can even lob his abilities over walls and around corners to prevent taking damage" then yeah he's worthless as hell. Most worthless frame in the game. Especially with the Shade sentinal. Man, being invisible and keeping enemies from moving no matter the level, man that worthlessness. Hoo-wee one stanky worthless frame.

If you are not able to adapt to things people throw you at, well, too bad.

It's not like Vauban couldn't do anything at all... DE didn't chop off his b- uh... I mean powers...

He's still powerful.

This seems ridiculous to me... When I've played with competent players using Vauban, his ability to lockdown and immobilize enemies makes him an insane upgrade for the group.

I don't know how to rank him as a solo/damage frame but when I've been Volt in missions with him, his ability to immobilize enemies makes his entire team better by magnitudes.