Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Criticizers, What Would You Call A Challenge In Warframe?

Twilight053

We know that everyone of us always demands DE for challenge and often times criticizes their way of granting challenge (Conclave Limit, etc) as artificial, or just utter pointless. Most of the time people find something to be challenging, other people would call it artificial difficulty. If that's artificial, then what would you call challenging? What would be your vision to a challenging Warframe session?

Share your thoughts here. And please avoid oversimplifying the problem like "Warframe needs more teamwork"--Be more specific!

Edited by Twilight053

Something that can kill me not because I have lowered my gear or limited and not stupidly strong , one kind of boss that use "special move" to get us killed , maybe with some extra Traps/Laser in the same room (just look Metroid fusion boss / or any other metroid game) They feel harder than anything we have now.

My dream for Warframe challenge is when 4 players can use all their abilities (not just the CC ones) and still not have success guaranteed. Whether that happens through nerfing abilities, mods, gear, or energy (or likely a mixture) doesn't matter to me. But in the current state of the game, at low levels damage abilities are auto-wins, and at high levels CC/invulnerability is an auto-win. It would be best if we could cut down enemies who could fight back, instead of guaranteed instant death for us if we tried.

Which brings me to the flip side; players would have complete ability to avoid all of the most dangerous attacks--no super tracking Corrupted Bombard rockets, no Nullifier snipes, no Ballista snipes without warning (like a red dot scope or something similar), Seeker gun and Latchers get damage switched, no slash procs from standard troops, etc.

A combined mission ala rescue that turns into survival for three minutes because the area is locked down.

Then becomes sabotage OR the group runs into a pseudo Stalker/Zanuka/G3 to escape.

It'd suck, but just the added concern of the rescue target at all times would be enough to challenge many players regardless of loadout.

Or a combined spy 2.0/capture during survival.

Something along those lines.

Really just something other than "it's hard because we took all your gear away" (though some of those challenges are fun).

Good rewards make the missions better too, like the cores for the current archwing event (although 5 seems a bit low for four rounds of inception, but that's a different story).

Edit: I forget words.

Edited by Aramisathei

Being able to outrun every player in a public spy mission and doing all 3 vaults undetected before anyone else (including zoren coptering rushers) can trigger the alarms.

That what I was thinking about survival , you know like getting mass amount of crazy ennemies and stay until your full squad is dead .

sadly the only challenge i get.out of warframe is doing a t4 survival for about 3 hours. around one hour it gets fun. so even with the soma/boltor prime or s gammacor you wont be one shooting anything and it takes some skill and some deaths but thats what i find a challenge... taking the goddamn weapons and wf past late game. the top tier weapons dont do S#&$ at lvl 200+ but they are better then a weapon that is "balanced"

Enemies that deal enough damage so that you really want not to get shot (instead of shrugging off damage).

Enemies that cannot OHK you.

Enemies that can only be OHK'd with snipers or other one-shot-one-kill intended weapons.

Enemies that are not bullet sponges.

Powers that are as effective vs lv1 enemies as they are vs lv100 enemies.

Powers that don't clear a room every 5 seconds. Clearing a room when sh*t gets real is cool, as long as it's not as common as it is today.

Basically, I want scaling to be toned down HARD so every item, enemy, frame and power can be balanced more easily.

The thing is that you cant have a conventional challenge in this game. If you limit the stuff we have its just a handicap for the enemies. If we're allowed our equipment but the enemy is just like level 100's then its not a challenge either because disarm and viral procs are a thing, as well as trinity's wombo combo, nyx absorb, and antimatter drop - there are ways to cheese these situations. A lot of players have the "gotta go fast" mentality so any puzzle or obstacle meant to slow the player down isnt considered a challenge - just a nuisance. It's a tough situation that DE is in, really. 

If anything a challenge will come from the revamped pvp and the actual raid boss fight. In the new pvp everyone more or less starts out with the same stuff and *hopefully* balanced powers. Trying to communicate with your team and completing an objective will be a decent challenge.

A real Challenge requires Skill. A real Challenge requires a good balance in Difficulty, Risk Vs Reward.

The problems are repetition, too many variables in the equation and the number of players.
If it would be a single player game, it would be easier to balance.
A multiplayer requires another kind of approach to the mechanics of the game. And also does create another kind of feedback.
In multiplayers if something is too much hard and is depending on players' skill, then the obvious outcome will be Elitarism, and the game wouldn't be a mass multiplayer anymore, but a restricted multiplayer.
Playing wouldn't be a pleasure anymore, but a Work to reach a level of ability to surpass the "social" barrier.

Warframe has too many variables, it can't satisfy every kind of player. To be fair to the largest part of the community it can't become more challenging.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

A lot of players seem to think they want stronger enemies, and yet when stronger enemies are introduced most people hate them.

I'd like a rebalance of the power allotted to both players and enemies, so that it's not "steamroll until you get steamrolled" like it is now.

Well I wouldn't mind more advanced AI that had certain tactics you could actively respond to and either get #*($%%@ over by or beat completely. I guess that's pretty vague too, but yeah.

I dunno, I like the idea of enemies being able to one shot me if I'm not playing smart.

But hit scan bullets that can potentially get you behind cover or miss you in the opening depending on rng are kinda eh.

I don't mind warframe too bad as is honestly, you can intentionally handicap yourself in certain areas to get reasonable difficulty, and you can get a pretty intense experience going into super high enemy scaling.

More reactive stuff would be nice though. Maybe some kind of corpus could develop something similar to antimatter drop that'd just one shot you if it blew up in your face? Less tracking and about the same speed. Something you'd have to dodge, that wouldn't have either not hit you or already missed you.

Shrug.

Also I agree with the guy above, with the whole "not streamroll until you get steamrolled", which I guess ties into what I mentioned about getting shot or missed. It could be nice if while enemies are aware of you they were fairly tanky, with damage toned down a bit, so as far as stealth gameplay goes you could still potentially one shot things but while duking it out it wouldn't just be whoever shoots first.