Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova And Limbo Stereotypes

(PSN)Mazda_07_

Nova: M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME!M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME!  M PRIME!M PRIME! M PRIME!  M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME! M PRIME!

Limbo: I put down a cataclysm to troll you or to deter you from trolling (Limbo is a double edged sword for trolling)

Limbo isn't particularly bad, just situational.  He sucks when it comes to common gameplay, but he's really amazing when it comes to "I don't want my pod to get oneshot by Wave 50 and beyond", or if you're training nubs and they keep dying but you dont have time to keep revving them

Edited by TheFriedOne

I've never heard any for em have you?

Speaking in pure stereotypes ONLY:

Nova will spam M-Prime and bring along plenty of energy restores to continue spamming M-Prime so that they can spam some more M-prime. Make sure M-Prime is at 50m+ in order to slow down the entire defense wave and maximize time spent in mission.

Limbo....I don't think I've ever run into a "good" limbo. He will use black energy and cataclysm so you can't see where he's placing it, and somehow think he's helping by trying to use cataclysm like snow globe over the defense target and force you to be unable to use anything but melee and point-black firing. Also, for good measure, make sure to banish that last remaining target at the end of the round to prolong it by 60 seconds.

Those stereotypes aside, I know plenty of novas that do far more than spam 4, and I've met several limbos that, while I question their general efficacy, they don't troll me or do their best to annoy the team. You were curious about sterotypes, though, so there they are.

When I play nova I rarely ever use molecular outside of emergencies, I mainly use antimatter drop which is my favourite power in the game. Too bad it's still buggy sometimes.

And I tried to make limbo into more than just a loner frame that you just cheese regular missions with. I put overextended and stretch on him to put the whole room in cataclysm, the problem is that nullifiers bubble do not get put in cataclysm and are therefore invincible for the duration. Which makes limbo more than useless in t3 and t4 voids as soon as nullifiers appear. It works pretty well when there aren't nullifiers though, just got to not keep cataclysm out for too long because team mates can't pickup loot.

oh man remember the classic Nova stereotype? OMG NOVA STEALS ALL MY XP MOST NOOB FRAME

and then DE made it so other players get the kill credit for explosions.

Still of course the general stereotype of only ever using Mprime though.

Nova players don't get enough credit....people who complain don't have a clue how much of a pain it is to survive as nova when hosting stuff. Mprime is used as a self-defense more often than "let me support ya'll".

As for limbo....hate that guy, hate everything about him.

Edited by kiteohatto

Nova... you haven't? 

her stereoptype is so huge it had to be nerfed.

And limbo... please

that frame is so bad, he doesn't deserve our attention, not even a stereotype.

lol godamn poor limbo lol. I started warframe 2 weeks after Destiny so I wasn't there when Nova was broken.

Nova players don't get enough credit....people who complain don't have a clue how much of a pain it is to survive as nova when hosting stuff. Mprime is used as a self-defense more often than "let me support ya'll".

As for limbo....hate that guy, hate everything about him.

seems like everyone does

When I play nova I rarely ever use molecular outside of emergencies, I mainly use antimatter drop which is my favourite power in the game. Too bad it's still buggy sometimes.

And I tried to make limbo into more than just a loner frame that you just cheese regular missions with. I put overextended and stretch on him to put the whole room in cataclysm, the problem is that nullifiers bubble do not get put in cataclysm and are therefore invincible for the duration. Which makes limbo more than useless in t3 and t4 voids as soon as nullifiers appear. It works pretty well when there aren't nullifiers though, just got to not keep cataclysm out for too long because team mates can't pickup loot.

I don't use it very often till 20 min and up. Drop is enough to take down anything and bombing things around corners. People seem to forget were one shot killed after 40 mins lol.

am I the only one who just went max duration on limbo, and mostly uses void walk to run around, and then exit and melee a group into oblivion / snipe a target? (or banish a target, and then mess him up 1v1)

It also has the benefit of having a pretty small cataclysm, so you can slap it over the pod, whilst it doesn't really bother allies all that much.

He's a tad situational, certainly not my fav frame, but he's not as utterly crap as I thought he would be. Hate his 'looks', though. goddamn stage magician. I mean, WHYYY?