Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Sentient Reveal? The Solar System Still Unfinished...

MDRLOz

So we got the big reveal..

The sentient horde has returned!

Now we don't know when this is coming.

However it feels really odd to me that we are getting the sentients now. Once we have the sentients in the game then the Corpus, Grineer and Infested become redundant plot wise really. (see below).

There is also so much plot/back story/depth we have not got yet on the current solar system before the almighty orokin decimating space gods turn up.

Here just some of the stuff we still havent got yet that is non-sentient related in the solar system:

Bosses without a confirmed update:

- Ambulas

- Raptor

Bosses with a confirmed update that have not been deliverd:

- Nef Anyo

- Kela de thym

- Eris still has no boss

- Phorid update

- Phobos (When does Captin Vor get cut in two exactly?)

- Tyl Regor (I guess he could be U16)

-(J3 Golem should be coming soon...ish?)

Still missing unique tile sets:

- Venus

- Saturn

- Neptune

- Pluto

- Sedna

Still missing lore

- Grineer queens

- The corpus board...

- Tenno (Who are we!? Why are we?)

- The Lotus (Who is she... Why is she... )

- Stalker (stalk much?)

- Colonists (Gradividius dilema much?)

- Normal inhabitants of the solar system?

- Syndicates

- Orokin

- The void

- Dr. Tengus ( made those J3)

- Cantis? (Red veil operative that has vanished completely from the game)

The sentient story line was your ace in the hole to play later once the solar system was expended... now we are going straight to it... *sigh*

I am not saying I don't want the sentient. They look FANTASTIC! I cant wait to fight them. However I just feel its to soon and there is other stuff we are REALLY BADLY missing first.

EDIT:

One of the reasons I am opposed to this in general is that the strength of the sentient is such an important factor. If you follow the little bits of lore we have been given then you know the following:

1) The sentients pushed Orokin to deaths door

2) The sentients were able to adapt to every Orokin advancement designed to stop them

3) The only thing that beat them was the Tenno.

Now take all those things into account... Now think how relevant the Grineer and Corpus are in this new solar system we jsut created. They are redundant, out dated and ill equipped to fight such power. How can I take ANYTHING Vay hek says seriously any more. Basically the god slaying aliens just turned up and the chicken powered potato monger is not going to do much agaisnt them.

Balor formoians? HAHAHHA if DE doesn't make the sentient stomp all over those I will have lost a little hop for the story of this game.

Edited by MDRLOz

Presumably the sentients are part of the larger back story what with them being the threat that the orokin created the warframes to deal with during the old war.

Edited by Aggh

The Sentients' return is the cause of the Void's "explosion", which is the explanation for how the Prime Parts get scattered about the solar system. 

More importantly, it's fun. They can always invent more aces and stick them in more holes later.

Presumably the sentients are part of the larger back story, probably the threat that the orokin created the warframes for to begin with.

Yes, that's not presumably, it's confirmed

Edited by EversorNinja

I'm thinking that the sentients are going to be replacing the void fraction as it's obvious that the voids are gettting a massive overhaul. But yeah, I'm wondering how the sentients will be introduced when the core fractions backstorys seems lacking. Nonetheless, still looking forward. Edit, off to bed bc I can't spell ^^

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

I do want to say I do like the look of them..

They will be awesome.

They look alien.

I cant wait to fight them...

BUT I just think there is other stuff I would like to see first.

Also

^

And did you know the vor 's prize took a long time to actually finish after its trailer was out while we still get bunch of new system in between?

Vors Prize was named over a year before release but this was not a "trailer". 

http://i41.tinypic.com/69hjyf.png

If you wanted to make a comparison then do it by Tenno live.

Arch-wing announced in August released in November.

Expect ToS (tomb of the sentient) to be released in the next 4-5 months.

Edited by MDRLOz

Seriously? Why do we complain about everything?

What? People cant have an opinion but to accept without comment?

I am not allowed to voice an opinion and view over something.

Maybe you could elaborate and give a better point about why you feel we need sentient right now?

We have seen the Corpus Board Darvo's dad is the HEAD OF IT. (Frohd Bek)

And yet we have not worked alongisde or against Frohd bek. He has done very little.

We could have whole events exploring who he is and what his goals are.

We dont even know the names of the other corpus board members. What are they like. Whats the goal of the board. Do they have seperate agendas... do they have infighting? Who knows.

Edited by MDRLOz

Flame bait, right? You have to be baiting us.

No I am really not.  Please do not miss-understand me. I want sentients. They will be awesome. I will enjoy killing them. I will eat up every nanogram of lore they give us about them.

However to me the Sentient were going to be this long term thing that one day was gonna come kill us.

If you didn't know the sentient vs Orokin war was big... HUGE in fact. These things had the Orokin at deaths door. Now they are back.

The Grineer and the Corpus are children compared to the Orokin. So in theory they should provide no threat and thus are basically redundant enemy wise now. Obviously this is based on what little lore we have about them because, as my OP suggests, nothing is fleshed out properly yet.

I'm sure I'm not the only 1 who wants new enemies to fight rather then redone bosses that we can still kill with ease. Stop complaining and be happy we get new stuff to kill.

Well I do look forward to have more pinatas to shoot at that is true. However for me I want to know why and I am shooting it and for the story to develop at a proper pace.

Now we are skipping to the big bads that should be near the end of our story so rapidly.

Edited by MDRLOz

pff, i cant imnagine how boring would be to play a obvious story line without any surprise, im glad they  will add sentients before going further with vay hek´s stuff

Obvious story lines?

Now dont get me wrong the sentients are gonna be awesome. I mean they look beautiful... but what about the following possible story lines we know nothing about:

Stalker - Who is he? Why not find out?

Infested - Tehnocyte from Dark sector? An orokin recreation? Who knows what a derelict might unearth?

Tenno - What are they? What is a warframe really?

Grineer Queens - Just as much minor mentions as the Orokin got.. but never to be known about?

Corpus board - Shown in one cinematic and mentioned in a player favourite misson.. maybe we could help Darvo work against the board.

Lotus - Who? What? Why? When...

All of these are not important clearly? They have obvious answers.

But it doesn't matter because if you know anything about the little sentient lore scraps we get they all are small fish because there are sentient still around in the solar system and we either deal with them or everyone is dead. So we have one real plot now. Kill all sentient all else.

Edited by MDRLOz

Obvious story lines?

Now dont get me wrong the sentients are gonna be awesome. I mean they look beautiful... but what about the following possible story lines we know nothing about:

Stalker - Who is he? Why not find out?

Infested - Tehnocyte from Dark sector? An orokin recreation? Who knows what a derelict might unearth?

Tenno - What are they? What is a warframe really?

Grineer Queens - Just as much minor mentions as the Orokin got.. but never to be known about?

Corpus board - Shown in one cinematic and mentioned in a player favourite misson.. maybe we could help Darvo work against the board.

Lotus - Who? What? Why? When...

All of these are not important clearly? They have obvious answers.

But it doesn't matter because if you know anything about the little sentient lore scraps we get they all are small fish because there are sentient still around in the solar system and we either deal with them or everyone is dead. So we have one real plot now. Kill all sentient all else.

You forgot the biggest mystery/unanswered question, why grineer women don't have real legs?

You forgot the biggest mystery/unanswered question, why grineer women don't have real legs?

Wrote a long science answer and then lost it.

Its degradation due to repeat cloning.

Some males also have replacement legs:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140415221134/warframe/images/d/dd/GrineerProsecutor.png

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140115160130/warframe/images/6/6d/CaptainVorFK.png

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140426025527/warframe/images/d/d8/GrineerDeathSquad%2BSentinel.png

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140115160404/warframe/images/3/3c/GeneralSargasRukFK.png

http://www.orokin.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Lieutenant-Lech-Kril-Warframe.png

http://i.imgur.com/brDftbx.jpg

I sympathize with you, OP. They are blinded by hype. Once everything settles down and the reapers (I'm going to call them that no matter what) turn out to be a satisfying as Archwing, you'll at least get to say "I told you so."

It has been so long since we have had a new cinematic trailer and the parkour looked cool. I do feel people have the hype-blinders on at present.

Edited by MDRLOz