Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma- (Dragon Frame) Feedback Megathread

-FV-Wsocks

Maybe these sweeping visual changes can happen in alternative helmets and maybe a skin. Possibly even the prime eventually. As of now, I wouldn't expect the developers to make any significant change to a warframe that's about to be released within the month--possibly within the week.

Now exactly what makes this thread not to be moved? This is no different than what's going on in the megathread. If anything this'll be moved to Art Feedback.

Also how are people not suppose to discuss things on a forum?

Less organic.

No. That's what I really like about this frame. He doesn't look like he is wearing some kinda of clothing. He looks raw.

Go ahead report me for disagreeing with you and stating my opinion. If you don't wanna have people disagree with you then you should stop using the forums.

I like Chromas design for some of the reasons that others have stated they hate it. I like the organic look. It's a stark contrast to the current Warframes. And personally, I play different characters in games because they're different. His out-there looks give me hope that his gameplay will be similarly different to existing warframes.

I am not asking for an immediate change or even a change within the next month. I just don't want Chroma to look like a thrown together Frankenstein of a frame!

If they release a skin that changes the look to something more appealing I will be quite happy. Hell I will even go out of my way to spend plat on it. Same with the alternate helmet!

Currently it just an overall disappointing design that I can see a ton of older frames in that should not be there. I can tell they tried to make it work. In the end it does not work.

EDIT: To all of the people being unreasonable hostile, I suggest you check your attitude. Here you are being hostile when you are the same people that complain about others being hostile. Stop being hypocritical. 

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

The poster showing him off from different positions is not exactly good, his frontal view head and torso meld together(bad angle).

i'm going to be radical here and suggest to change the name and theme, Colour/light/shade based warframe or the corrupted.

Your problem is that your opinion is just that, your opinion. Just because you think it's ugly doesn't make that a fact. Ugliness or beauty are always subjective. What you hate, others love. What you love, others hate.

It doesn't matter that you use words like 'disappointing' and 'Frankenstein' as opposed to saying it in a more lewd fashion. This is what the frame looks like. I personally despise the look of Rhino, kubrows of all shapes and sizes and Vay Hek. Life goes on.

I am not asking for an immediate change or even a change within the next month. I just don't want Chroma to look like a thrown together Frankenstein of a frame!

If they release a skin that changes the look to something more appealing I will be quite happy. Hell I will even go out of my way to spend plat on it. Same with the alternate helmet!

Currently it just an overall disappointing design that I can see a ton of older frames in that should not be there. I can tell they tried to make it work. In the end it does not work.

EDIT: To all of the people being unreasonable hostile, I suggest you check your attitude. Here you are being hostile when you are the same people that complain about others being hostile. Stop being hypocritical. 

Actually after reading everything I found that the only hostile person is yourself man. Everyone just disagreed with you is all. And they have a right too.

Your problem is that your opinion is just that, your opinion. Just because you think it's ugly doesn't make that a fact. Ugliness or beauty are always subjective. What you hate, others love. What you love, others hate.

It doesn't matter that you use words like 'disappointing' and 'Frankenstein' as opposed to saying it in a more lewd fashion. This is what the frame looks like. I personally despise the look of Rhino, kubrows of all shapes and sizes and Vay Hek. Life goes on.

The fact is that if you cared to look at chroma you would definitely see what I am talking about. 

Yes, personally I do think he is ugly. So do multitudes of other people here on the forums. This is not a thread about rhino or vay hek. Keep on topic.

All over the forums I see posts like, "Too Organic", "Doesn't look like a dragon", "What is up with that god-awful snout?", "Needs more Horns like those Dragons do"

To be honest, none of these concepts fit Warframe lore. Why ? Because the Warframe and in extension the Dark Sector universe is very different from ours. The game and warframes were designed in a post-apocalyptic Earth where cultures and lineages were different. They base their concepts on the current mythos and lore but that's it. You can see their inspiration angles but that's about it. Rest of it depends on the Loremaster and Lead Artist.

And for a change, I want a warframe that deviates from the standard Western/European or Oriental Celestial dragon theme and moves in tandem with the game and it's universe. I, personally, approve Chroma.

I don't see what you're talking about and I have looked at him. How hard is it for you to realise that your opinion isn't correct just because it's yours? I like the new frame. I don't think he looks the way you describe him.

I have about as much chance of changing my opinion as you do. Next to none :P

Edit: To stay more on topic I would've been rather disappointed if Chroma had looked like a normal dragon. Yay a stereotypical dragon warrior! I've never played as one of those before! This is something new, something different. And that interests me. It's easy too follow convention. The artist here has made something unique in my opinion.

Edited by Lord_Billos

I don't find Chroma visually appealing.

But no, none of this needs to happen. At all.

If DE finds that he does not suit their vision and feels the need to change him, all good. It's their vision, not yours. 

I never stated it was my vision. I just don't agree with their vision. Is it wrong to provide feedback? Please be constructive rather than deconstructive add why you think or why you don't think Chroma is well designed.

EDIT: Yes lord billos that applies to you too. You and your 47 total posts. 

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

All over the forums I see posts like, "Too Organic", "Doesn't look like a dragon", "What is up with that god-awful snout?", "Needs more Horns like those Dragons do"

To be honest, none of these concepts fit Warframe lore. Why ? Because the Warframe and in extension the Dark Sector universe is very different from ours. The game and warframes were designed in a post-apocalyptic Earth where cultures and lineages were different. They base their concepts on the current mythos and lore but that's it. You can see their inspiration angles but that's about it. Rest of it depends on the Loremaster and Lead Artist.

And for a change, I want a warframe that deviates from the standard Western/European or Oriental Celestial dragon theme and moves in tandem with the game and it's universe. I, personally, approve Chroma.

The very lack of lore in this game is what allows that argument to exist. This was a fan requested theme, first and foremost. It was never meant to fit into lore.

I'm not into the horns idea. Think it'll be a bit overdone. 

The rest is fine though.

If done properly it might work but I do admit that DE has a tendency to overdo things.

What does this have to do with anything? Are you implying that my opinion is meaningless because I have too few posts?

Not at all. I am implying that no matter how little you have posted you still need to be constructive. 

Have you played Dark Sector ? Or even bothered to read the synopsis ? If not, I implore you to check that out. At this moment, Warframe has more lore than Destiny +Destiny DLCs has managed to dish out.

Lore shouldn't be crystal clear, it should leave some sort of blank space for the player's imagination to run wild. Like how we always discuss the Stalker's motive to hunt us endlessly to the end of the Starchart and beyond.

Excalibur lore explains the Sentients, enough to leave us speculating for over a year. Mag Prime codex talked about Archwing. Rhino and Ember Prime codex talks about Void and the affliction of the Tenno. These are how interesting stories and game world is built up. You can't expect the devs to drop a 1000 page lore book for a in-development F2P game under a year or two. This is how they think of the Chroma. Just like how Ordis described the first Limbo to be a genius. Just stick with it and let the update hit, play the quest and then speculate from every aspect.