Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma- (Dragon Frame) Feedback Megathread

-FV-Wsocks

He looks more abstract than other the previous set of frames. Just like if you saw saryn, Loki, Excal, you can't tell his theme based of looks alone. While i love mesa limbo, hydroid ect, people usually claim they are too thematic, and too a degree they are correct.

There we go. 

People complained that recent frames weren't abstract enough, and now they're complaining this one is too abstract.

Can't win on the forums I guess.

Didnt really take a good look at it, since his video was like only one second, he doesn't look super cool, but I don't think he is as bad as the 3 giant ugly creatures that still exist on the game:

- zephyr the giant bird whit feathers and all

- trinity the too many "concepts" and weird details

- and limbo, the tuxedo sy-fy space warrior (although he doesn't look bad, but only out of context)

Edited by 7grims

The only frame design i ever complained about in the past was Limbo... and i got used to it. I also complained about Chroma's design no question about that. Its normal for ppl to have different design preferences, its called personal taste. 

There we go. 

People complained that recent frames weren't abstract enough, and now they're complaining this one is too abstract.

I'm going to start adding this to my above quote pasting.

There we go. 

this is such a polar opposite though, its going from lava into liquid nitrogen, couldn't they find a middle ground like....with the old frames ?

this is such a polar opposite though, its going from lava into liquid nitrogen, couldn't they find a middle ground like....with the old frames ?

How did the older frames have any middle ground? Considering some of the wacky designs the have aswell.

Considering the forums usually are very picky on frame designs, i'd say Chroma at the very least went back to warframe's original roots and the designers took into consideration some of the things people complained about for past frames.

He looks more abstract than other the previous set of frames. Just like if you saw saryn, Loki, Excal, you can't tell his theme based of looks alone. While i love mesa limbo, hydroid ect, people usually claim they are too thematic, and too a degree they are correct.

People complaining about his seahorse segment forget that we have Hammerhead Loki, Thunder thighs Ember and Lobster Tail Trinity. So his sea horse helmet is just his defining trait like all other frames have thiers.

He's more biomechanical/organic than previous frames. Mesa/Limbo which look like awesome cosplays, than frames. Not like nothing wrong with that.

Is it my favorite design for a frame? No? I'm not a fan of the seahorse look, but it's not that bad when you look at the general look of other frames coming before him and in the past.

I'm not usually picky about frame designs either. Hell I even liked hydroid, zephyr, and limbo. They LOOKED like what they represented. 

What does Chroma represent? A box of melted crayons that ended up encasing a seahorse!? It looks nothing like a dragon!

How did the older frames have any middle ground? Considering some of the wacky designs the have aswell.

They are a nice middle ground, not too plain(how original DE /s) and not too weird(that makes you question wtf is that). This thing is a mutated seahorse wrapped in red spaghetti. I just hope this is the last "out there" idea that DE makes.