Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma- (Dragon Frame) Feedback Megathread

-FV-Wsocks

Take my upvote for merging a thread that asked for not merging it to the Megathread.

Dirty little secret of the community moderators: those are the type of threads we love merging the most.

We are all equal in the eyes of the megathread/threadnaught. No one Tenno's thread is more deserving than another's.

Dirty little secret of the community moderators: those are the type of threads we love merging the most.

We are all equal in the eyes of the megathread/threadnaught. No one Tenno's thread is more deserving than another's.

I approve.

Hello Tenno team-mates

I wandered about the desing of Chroma and saw some hate about it(not that i do not like it myseft) so i wanted to ask you guys if you wanted to start something like vote(not that DE will change him) just for fun and see how much hate this new frame has.

If want to do it ok

for does who like him type "I like it,or him,or the desing"       or what ever just to point that you like it(nothing else

and for does who don't type what you like to be changed and put a pic if you don't mind(optional).

personaly i wanted him to be like a black warrior type with armored gloves shaped like claws and dragon type like mask or something   i think he was shown on tennolive with the weapon model made by a player.

Edited by Kostadin

I know a lot of people think that an alt helmet will solve the design issue, to be honest I'm one of the people who finds chroma to be ugly, however that's because I see a dragon as a scaled beast, rather than the slug/anteater/seahorse. While an alt helmet would help, in my opinion the body needs some work too. I know he is modeled after the Asian theme of a dragon, but I believe that this current design fails to meet the standards for both themes of dragons. In the poll that's going around now 50% of people think its ugly, yes I know that's not everyone but having an aesthetically pleasing character means more to some people than abilities. 

An warframe dats themed as a Dragon and need so much explanation for why it looks like a dragon and not a fish or anteater or a handwash dispenser bottle, it means its failing to look as its theme suggest what it is

Edit: If they had made him look more of a dragon and not infested or whatever, or even if DE had said the next warframe is an infested frame , chroma would probaly be fine , i mean lephantis head. also if he had more traits of a dragon people werent going to be like WTF is this when they see it, i hope alt helmet looks like this at least http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac350/RevengeIncProductions/chroma%20copy_zpsh36ftngs.jpg

Edited by MrKage

well, honestly i dont know why loki looks like a hammerhead, but at least he looks like a shark in the end of the day and not like a seal which is kinda the thing that happened with chroma

Edited by rockscl

well, honestly i dont know why loki looks like a hammerhead, but at least he looks like a shark in the end of the day and not like a seal which is kinda the thing that happened with chroma

Nah. It would be like if they advertised loki as a Turtle and he turned out looking like a hammer head. 

DE, please leave the look the same as you showed in Tenno Live. I think the new frame looks great. Not every frame is supposed to be everyone's cup of tea, Chroma has a unique design that hasn't been seen before and really breaks up the monotonous humanoid frames we have. BTW, I assume DE is keeping Chroma's look, do you really think they would put so much work into it then change it?

inb4 merge

^

Also the design is pretty much final and I doubt they will change it, have they changed any frames aesthetically recently because of fan complaints? Nope 

Edited by NovusNova

^

Also the design is pretty much final and I doubt they will change it, have they changed any frames aesthetically recently because of fan complaints? Nope 

do you really think they would put so much work into it then change it?

You should know better as founders... Remember Ember.

Male Ember > Female Ember with chicken head and MC Hammer trousers > The sexy funky Ember we have today with the horrible old helmet added later to the arsenal as an "alternate helmet"

It happened because of player feedback (except for the gender change). Whether you like it or hate it, everyone is entitled to their opinion, period.

Edited by CapricaSix

You should know better as founders... Remember Ember.

Male Ember > Female Ember with chicken head and MC Hammer trousers > The sexy funky Ember we have today with the horrible old helmet added later to the arsenal as an "alternate helmet"

It happened because of player feedback (except for the gender change). Whether you like it or hate it, everyone is entitled to their opinion, period.

Wasn't here for that ember change so didn't know about that, you could become a founder right up until about U9-10, don't except eveyone to know about that.

Not saying people can't have their own opinions but lately people have been overly negative because Chorma wasn't similar or exactly that same as the Dragon Fan Concept people thought DE was using when they said "Dragon Themed Frame, based on a number of community request" which some of the community took to equal "they are making that specific fan concept and it will look exactly like that" or people wanting to look literally like a dragon when just previously people where complaining that Limbo looked too much like a Magician and Mesa looked too much like a Gun-slinger, a bit hypocritical, eh? 

But apart from that one time change, what other frames have been changed aesthetically due to player "feedback"? 

Edited by NovusNova

Wasn't here for that ember change so didn't know about that, you could become a founder right up until about U9-10, don't except eveyone to know about that.

But apart from that one time change, what other frames have been changed aesthetically due to player "feedback"? 

chroma has made the uproar just like ember had. chroma was also a fan idea which was well planned and people already loved the looks. 

in my honest opinion, if they branded this frame without the "here's the dragon you all been waiting for!" hype and just made it "hey guys, here's our new frame with a [idk] theme! your dragon will be here soon.." then they wouldn't be getting so much rage and hate. the frame's looks aren't terrible, but they changed it too much for people to accept this as their spin on the idea. again, these are my opinions and interpretation of people's uproar.

Fair enough, I'm just saying it happened before, and I'm glad it did, it means they're (or were) listening to us and they've improved their design quite a bit over that in my opinion.

What does that matter whether it was a one time or a two time thing, is Ember an exception? I'm not here to argue, just stating facts. Some common sense never hurts, let the people speak and let the devs decide how they wanna go on about it... (Edit: which also reminds me, they also changed Nyx back then because she was practically genderswapped Excalibur, even more so then. Whether feedback had any weight on that or not doesn't really matter in my opinion, what matters is they changed for the better at the end, and that they did change)

Edit: Well yeah, and I was one of those that hated nova's ridiculously long neck along with many others, yet devs chose to do nothing about it and called it a "characteristic flaw" of Nova. Maybe Chroma will be just like that, or maybe they'll improve it any make it even better, who knows.

Edited by CapricaSix

whoever said that DE changed ember because of complaints? there was another model being remade because they did not like the quality of how it looked compared to the other frames. the playerbase always complains about everyframe and how ugly it is, DE never will change a frame because of how a frame appears to people. what if everyone suddenly disliked the grineer and how they look DE is going to change it just for a annoying fanbase?