Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma- (Dragon Frame) Feedback Megathread

-FV-Wsocks

Does anyone else finds it funny that before Chroma, people who didn't like the newer frames aka Limbo, Mesa, and Mirage for their literal designs? Suddenly some of those guys are hating on Chroma's more back-to-the-roots design.  I actually like it, as it's ambiguous and mysterious, just like the  older frames.

its not ambiguous, its an anteater, clearly, still in the same division for rants as mesa and limbo even if everyone just want it to look like a medieval-fantasy dragon

anyway, i still im on the wait to use him, the experience in game may make him feel different

Edited by rockscl

Its like Oberon... yeah the Paladin Warframe.... More like the Mix of a WoW  Druid and a Satyr from A Midsummer Night's Dream...

Chroma the Dragon..... Yeah Lets take any Animal with "Dragon" in its Name.....

Maybe DE should visit Wizards of the Coast....

This is a Dragon

http://jolstatic.fr/www/captures/1501/9/37839.jpg

(Maybe an Nasua Warframe Lets name him Nepomuck)

(or a Seahorse lets name it one of the little Mermaids sidekicks)

you know, i think, now that i think how i felt when they said it was a dragon themed wf, i was like "its gonna be coolest thing ever seen", and its not, i think thats basically the dissapointment here, no matter the orientation of his design, its not the coolest thing in the world that one imagines when they say "its dragon themed"

Does anyone else finds it funny that before Chroma, people who didn't like the newer frames aka Limbo, Mesa, and Mirage for their literal designs? Suddenly some of those guys are hating on Chroma's more back-to-the-roots design.  I actually like it, as it's ambiguous and mysterious, just like the  older frames.

There is a wide range of possibilities between the straight up literal and the full on abstract.

Better off waiting for the prime version at this point, and hope they don't do as horrible a job at "reinventing" the Dragon concept, all things considered though after actually watching the stream with his reveal & the lackluster crowd response, I gotta say, it seems to come across as underwhelming & unappealing for MANY, so why does it HAVE to be the dragon frame? just rename it, simple, leave that spot for a DRAGON frame later on, everything stays the same, even keep the flame thrower head attachment I suppose, Chimera, Kraken, Hydra, Wyvern, Annunaki, Nebiru, I dunno just not this.

In the end as a player that prefers more utilitarian frames, I'm more than likely gonna end up having to see what this affront to Dragons can do as its labeled as a "support" frame oriented around team play & buffs apparently.

May be ugly as sin, but if it can tow its weight in a fight, I'll just make the most hideous, godaweful color schemes I can imagine, the kinda paintjob that's visible from space, like really bad golf shirts, it'll be a joke frame for me, keep the ant eater, not spending dime one on this thing, and again, hope its prime counterpart ages down the road, or skins & armor components that allow player to make this thing look less like a mess of week old caked on infested meat bits with a hose.

Nothing is bad. He looks epic as hell. The people hating on him are the same people who complain every update just to do it.

It looks stupid to me.

I didn't complain about Limbo or Mesa, and I think they look cool.

Don't generalize people.

Actually I like limbo and mesas looks, minus Mesas guns, things look really weak when they're supposed to be the main focus on it, could a used a dash more style, twin redeemers but a little smaller with only 1 blade on each like bayonets on the end of each one, but that's the worst of it for them, and Limbos funny, a really unique style, I'm a fan of the whole Voodoo baron Semedi feel from it.

So yeah, not really seeing anything on Chroma that I like, save the ability to craft the ugliest frame I can possibly imagine, then kicking a$$ withem, seems to be the only way I'll accept this thing into my arsenal, and if the powers suck, just roam the relays looking like a Jackson Pollock nightmare.

Way too harsh of criticism for something you clearly don't know anything about. If you think you can do better do it. Or at least prove you know what you're talking about putting down someone who most likely went to school over you do what he does and gets paid for it. 

I don't need to prove anything to you. Take that like a meaningless letters if you wish.

Will be fun to hide in groups of infested as this frame and freak out teammates.

True :)

I just poped this idea out of my hat.

If DE doesn't stand their ground on keeping chroma's looks, they will look weak, and also open a precedent, which is worse, cause once the precedent is open, ppl can push the devs other frames to be re-design.

Taking in consideration that all new frames come out with a alternative helmet, and presuming this alt helm is very possibly more dragon like.

It would be better for them, to just make his alt helm, the presumably more dragon like one, his default one.

Thoughts?

Edited by 7grims

I'm pretty sure when he is released we'll come up with some uber color scheme that make him looks beatiful.  Yeah he looks meh in the current color :D

Anyone else think this frame would make the best godzilla when equipped with the infested sayanada?

Edited by Hueminator

I'm pretty sure when he is released we'll come up with some uber color scheme that make him looks beatiful. Yeah he looks meh in the current color :D

Anyone else think this frame would make the best godzilla when equipped with the infested sayanada?

You sir, have actually altered my perception of what to do with this abomination, THAT is a wonderful idea, and will finally put that accursed set to use on something that doesn't look like a 5th graders art contest winner, speaking about the Illiac or whatever its spelling is, NEVER found a way to make it work, THIS it may, and runs well enough into making the thing as large an eyesore as possible too, HELLO bright yellow, hot 80s pink & nuclear reactor meltdown greens!

I just poped this idea out of my hat.

If DE doesn't stand their ground on keeping chroma's looks, they will look weak, and also open a precedent, which is worse, cause once the precedent is open, ppl can push the devs other frames to be re-design.

Taking in consideration that all new frames come out with a alternative helmet, and presuming this alt helm is very possibly more dragon like.

It would be better for them, to just make his alt helm, the presumably more dragon like one, his default one.

Thoughts?

Please, if they didnt change Mandrake the Magician they are not going to change Tamandua.

throwing this out first, bad design refers to the actual looks vs the concept. also, this is my opinion so you do have the right to disagree with me...don't get offended by what i write.

DRAGONS! eastern or western...don't like a seahorse(anthropomorphized)/anteater(anthropomorphized)/dragoon knight. the angles i seen in the peep show at tenno live made it look like spaghetti was dropped on one of the listed 3 things. if they went for a more abstract design, please, link me to a dragon that looks more like chroma in mythology. otherwise my point stands that those 3 things aren't dragons.

onto the frame itself though? the idea of a damage/buff frame is already done 10x over so lets see what it brings ability wise to redeem these horrid first looks. (again, if you have a link to what they will be, not ideas to what they will be, please do link it lol) the main pro i can see coming from this new "color changes the elemental damage" idea is really interesting in theory, but i want to see how this gets implemented. i'd be let down quite a bit to find out that it deals as much damage as a wet noodle to compensate for the "pick your poison" style damage. now onto the buffs, i really hope they kept the self regen ability i seen on the concept page...it sounded quite nifty for levels 1-45 in my opinion if they implemented it correctly. 

so the make or break for me will be the abilities...i can live with a walking spaghetti turd (i mean infested-like) monster if the abilities make it formidable or just a walking meme. again, all my opinion feel free to disagree and seriously, please do link me a dragon that looks similar to this thing...i wanna have a good laugh.

[leaving my first thoughts there for comparison's sake]

EDIT: i think my biggest issue with this frame is that for a fan made concept, which people thought long and hard on, it got changed too much for it to keep its original love. i'm sure people will get use to it, but the shock value this thing took with it is what people don't like. they had this idea in their head for a, probably more western idea, dragon. this barely resembles in a more eastern dragon style. it honestly looks like they tried to take the more slender and 'nobile' look of a eastern and mashed it with the intimidation and power of the western. then they added some tennoverse love to it and boom, chroma was born. 

Edited by RafaelFuchs

DO NOT MERGE THIS THREAD WITH THE MEGATHREAD.

Here is what I think needs to be done:

Clean the frame up. Make it less busy looking. Less organic. Shorten that godawful nose by half if not more. Use a torso that does not look like it was literally copy/pasted off of a vauban. Don't use the Ash arms. Change the stance Chroma was using because he does not look like a powerful dragon, he looks like a slouching slob. Horns on the helmet are likely needed, or a decent alternate helmet.

If anyone has anything to add then add a comment. DO NOT USE THIS AS A DISCUSSION FORUM.

This thread shall only contain what people think might help. Anything else shall be reported and removed! 

I don't find Chroma visually appealing.

But no, none of this needs to happen. At all.

If DE finds that he does not suit their vision and feels the need to change him, all good. It's their vision, not yours. 

Edited by vaugahn