Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And I Just Realised Something With Zephyr... (Off Topic)

Renegade343

So, there are some players that state Zephyr's gender is rather difficult to determine (due to a lack of some defining features), and some even went on to claim that Zephyr could be of an intermediate gender. 

If the claim mentioned above somehow became true, then we can all say goodbye to the Male-Male-Female-Female chain for Prime Warframes when Zephyr Prime comes along. Because then, it would be: 

Male-Male-Female-Intermediate-Male-Male

But it would be something to see. And maybe then, we can blame those players for breaking down the chain. 

Edited by Renegade343

Zephyr's female. Really? A lot of people struggle to know this? :/

I think it may have something to do with the fact that her defining... features are hard to see and are covered up by some piece of armor if that makes any sense. Also there's the fact she has a mini codpiece similar to Volt and Rhino.

The argument would also be that Volkovyi's fan concept of their Zephyr is male. Some suggest that when DE took some concept ideas from Volkoyi's Zephyr they made her look androgynous. Since DE's warframe release pattern dictated for a female frame but the original concept was male.

Zephyrs codex entry specifically refers to her as a female in the description of her Tail Wind move. I have it open in front of me now.

So while her gender could possibly be seen as ambiguous, it is stated clearly that she's female.

Of course, this is a videogame. So if it makes you feel better to think of her as a man or transgender or whatever go ahead.

Edited by Lord_Billos

If I may demystify this situation about Zephyr.

The official Zephyr is inspired and made after my original Zephyr concept. My Zephyr was of a male design. It is by coincidence only that the DE team picked up on Zephyr's creation when the alternating pattern of male-female-male-female fell on the female's turn.

By order of release at that time was: ...Valkyr(female) - Oberon(male) - Zephyr(female) - Hydroid(male)...etc.

If perhaps Oberon was not released as a surprise that time, the official Zephyr may have indeed been male. The reason today's official Zephyr may look androgynous is to allude to the original past concept art that showed her as male.

It may be as simple as that.

The official Zephyr is inspired and made after my original Zephyr concept. My Zephyr was of a male design. It is by coincidence only that the DE team picked up on Zephyr's creation when the alternating pattern of male-female-male-female fell on the female's turn.

By order of release at that time was: ...Valkyr(female) - Oberon(male) - Zephyr(female) - Hydroid(male)...etc.

If perhaps Oberon was not released as a surprise that time, the official Zephyr may have indeed been male. The reason today's official Zephyr may look androgynous is to allude to the original past concept art that showed her as male.

It may be as simple as that.

The man himself has spoken.

your concept huh? well theres a new piece of random trivia im glad I now know.

and im not being sarcastic either I find it really interesting that you were the one who first thought of it.