Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Primed Streamline Really Worth The Wait?

9tailboy

Why would you remove Streamline and Fleeting Expertise? What do you want to do, prevent ability use altogether?

Maybe so Warframe "ultimates" are actually something used sparingly, rather than spammed like it was your first Ability?

Some people actually want to contribute to fights, rather than watch a Saryn spam 4 and kill everything instantly with no downsides.

Isn't that what I said? That the Primed Streamline exists in the game data, but has not been actually released?

I was under the impression that you were implying something along the lines of "IT'S TOO LATE! It's already in the data, so it'll eventually be released!". Which is why I responded with a couple of various concepts that are also in the data but happen to be completely scrapped.

Edited by SortaRandom

I disagree that primed streamline will break the game. Warframe balance so far:

Can we add x?

add x.

if x is broken: fix x

else: forget about x

Tell that to Status Mods, Channeling Mods, and a good number of Stances.

Broken =/= "will be fixed in due time". Our status mods haven't had a single update in well over a year, and our junk-tier channeling mods and stances are reaching their first birthday as well.

When something is overpowered, then changes can actually take even longer because a good number of players will object to having their newfound strength removed.

Edited by SortaRandom

Maybe so Warframe "ultimates" are actually something used sparingly, rather than spammed like it was your first Ability?

Some people actually want to contribute to fights, rather than watch a Saryn spam 4 and kill everything instantly with no downsides.

Perhaps if most of the ultimates actually felt like ultimates.

Many ultimates actually have little effect when cast just once in a big fight against anything other than low level enemies. In high level missions casting an ultimate once removes the threat for a short amount of time before you're swarmed again.

I'm talking mostly about ultimates like Mag's Crush or Frost's Avalanche. Not only does their damage stop being relevant once the enemies hit a certain level, their CC or utility is practically non-existent as well.

I'd be all for decreasing our ability to spam our ultimates if the ultimates actually had a consistently powerful and game-changing effect, rather than becoming utterly irrelevant once the enemies reach a certain level.

Edited by HolyDonut3

I'd be all for decreasing our ability to spam our ultimates if the ultimates actually had a consistently powerful and game-changing effect, rather than becoming utterly irrelevant once the enemies reach a certain level.

If insta-freezing and/or instakilling everything around you isn't "game-changing" or "relevant" in high-level gameplay, then I'm honestly not sure what you're expecting from an ultimate. Are you expecting to charge up an ability for five minutes and then unleashing it to instantly win the mission or something?

If insta-freezing and/or instakilling everything around you isn't "game-changing" or "relevant" in high-level gameplay, then I'm honestly not sure what you're expecting from an ultimate. Are you expecting to charge up an ability for five minutes and then unleashing it to instantly win the mission or something?

No, that wasn't what I meant. And what insta-freezing? Are you actually telling me that Frost's Avalanche ability has good CC? That freeze effect you speak of wears off of enemies faster than Frost recovers from his casting animation, the enemies can actually start shooting you before you can even move after casting your ultimate.

And the damage of those abilities is not significant enough to instantly kill at high levels.

Edited by HolyDonut3

I'm going to get Primed Streamline if/when it arrives.  I'll put a Legendary Core in it.  It';s just the sort of mod I've been saving them for.  I prefer efficiency over capacity as it means sources of energy are worth more, as many have said already.  Also, I main Mag and use Blind Rage currently with Streamline and Fleeting Expertise.  Another 25% efficiency to take me from 35% to 60% would be nice.

Did you read the rest of the post?  Take Crush (please, I don't want it!) in high level missions, the damage doesn't kill and the effect currently disables Mag longer than it does the enemies (although this is to be changed).  Currently it's a liability, not an ultimate power.

If we are using restores then who cares about efficiency or storage? Just spam energy restores.... Why even have energy related mods if we can just spam energy restores! (See how this argument means nothing).

Why? Because if you can make energy restores, then maybe this argument means nothing to you, I'm suggesting energy restores because it gets energy faster, you can spam all you like, but you gotta pay for that, same as paying to rank up primed flow or streamline, restores aren't meant to be spammed, just a quick boost. So if you do have the money to replicate hundreds of restores, and if you can do that without reaching under 1 million credits, then spam all you like. I was suggesting players why primed flow is better than streamline, but you guys wanted to mention the limited energy drops, to which I say restores because you want to have energy when you have the max efficiency for energy.

Max effiency=everything drops to 25 or lower, do you need energy to drop beyond that point? 

To those who have the riches this argument might mean nothing, but to those who are in poverty and wish to attain your wealth, this is controversial.

No, that wasn't what I meant. And what insta-freezing? Are you actually telling me that Frost's Avalanche ability has good CC? That freeze effect you speak of wears off of enemies faster than Frost recovers from his casting animation, the enemies can actually start the shooting you before you can even move after casting your ultimate.

And the damage of those abilities is not significant enough to instantly kill at high levels.

Insta-freezing as in "freezing enemies in place", not literally making them feel cold. Mirage's ult, Excal's ult, Rhino's ult, Loki's ult (yes, it's a good crowd-stopper), and all that.

The majority of abilities (Miasma and Bladestorm aside, and perhaps Radial Javelin if you spend three minutes coordinating loadouts with your team) aren't designed to instakill enemies at higher levels in the first place; they're built for players to take advantage of secondary effects at those levels. If we had more abilities that were capable of instakilling at higher levels, then not only would that be stupidly overpowered, but it would also take the uniqueness out of each frame because every ult will essentially do the exact same thing.

Point is, these ults are already gamechanging. Not saying that there aren't a few that could use tweaks (Frost's, for example), but to say that they're "irrelevant" is a ridiculous exaggeration.

Edited by SortaRandom

Insta-freezing as in "freezing enemies in place", not literally making them feel cold. Mirage's ult, Excal's ult, Rhino's ult, Loki's ult (yes, it's a good crowd-stopper), and all that.

The majority of abilities (Miasma and Bladestorm aside) aren't designed to instakill enemies at higher levels in the first place; they're built for players to take advantage of secondary effects at those levels. If we had more abilities that were capable of instakilling at higher levels, then not only would that be stupidly overpowered, but it would also take the uniqueness out of each frame because every ult will essentially do the exact same thing.

Point is, these ults are already gamechanging. Not saying that there aren't a few that could use tweaks (Frost's, for example), but to say that they're "irrelevant" is a ridiculous exaggeration.

I'm not speaking about ultimates the likes of Loki's, Mirage's, Nova's, etc. I think those are more than powerful enough.

What I'm trying to say (and apparently failing at) is that I believe that all ultimates should be costlier and less spammable, and require some planning and consideration before you decide to use it. But I also think that if such a change was implemented, some of the ultimates (for example, Frost's Avalanche, Mag's Crush, Ember's WoF) would need some more utility added to them, to make them consistently powerful ultimates.

I'm sorry if I'm failing to properly explain what I mean, I'm really tired. :/

Not sure what "worth" has to do with it.

It'll most likely happen at some point. When it does, I definitely have some use for it. And, no, it won't make Fleeting Expertise obsolete. Anyone that tells you otherwise...doesn't know what they're talking about.

What it comes down to is those warframe builds that need both relatively high efficiency and long duration will benefit from a primed streamline. I'll be ranking this one to 9/10 most riki-tik for a single card 50% efficiency. Just. That. Good.

I'm not speaking about ultimates the likes of Loki's, Mirage's, Nova's, etc. I think those are more than powerful enough.

What I'm trying to say (and apparently failing at) is that I believe that all ultimates should be costlier and less spammable, and require some planning and consideration before you decide to use it. But I also think that if such a change was implemented, some of the ultimates (for example, Frost's Avalanche, Mag's Crush, Ember's WoF) would need some more utility added to them, to make them consistently powerful ultimates.

Oh, I see. So basically, buffing up the weaker ults to be on par with others in terms of utility, and then making them all less spammable so that using each one feels a bit more meaningful instead of being tossed out as freely as bullets.

That, I can agree with completely. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

Actually, to respond to all the posts about datamining Primed mods, there are quite a bit more mods that looks like they would be Primed mods, including pure elemental mods (all of them). 

And yes, there are some patterns to determine whether a mod is a Primed mod from the datamined files. 

Oh, I see. So basically, buffing up the weaker ults to be on par with others in terms of utility, and then making them less spammable so that using each one feels a bit more meaningful instead of being tossed out as carelessly as bullets.

That, I can agree with completely. XD

Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to say! Thank you. XD

• 4 weeks later...
Everyone is afraid of Primed streamline as if it could be used in pvp ruining their game experience in some way.
Primed streamline will be the key to making better some build (and warframe) especially those who suffer particularly the use of fleeting expertise.
Anyway I believe that after the release of PS some skills will be changed in order to make the negative duration irrelevant. In this way, the PS will not be mandatory.
At least I hope so

it is worth for powercreeping players.

for me, not so much. I will use it, though, if ever they release it... but not insta max. I still have some stuffs to spend on, and I'm a slow farmer.

and I still wish that mod will never ever be released. Not as a void trader item, not as market item, not obtainable on transmutation, not as an event reward, not a livestream promo.

Edited by faustias

The ultimates should have a decrease in their effect if used in a time interval too short.
For example: if I use Miasma, before it recovered its effectiveness I have to wait at least 10 seconds (as if the Warframe were to recuperate his energy for the effort) otherwise its effects will be reduced by 50%, then 25% and so on, with a wait growing until its effects will be almost zero.
This way spam will be counterproductive, in that interval of time the other team members (without nuker abilities) will do their part and spammers will have to reconsider their play style (or disappearing)

Primed streamline was the first primed mod developed. It was created during the massive discussion about "homer's drinking bird" and press 4 to win. Then according to dataminers the devs quickly made primed continuity and released that instead of streamline. Guess what? There is a high chance they scrapped the mod. So please stop bringing it up and whining until it actually appears, if EVER

primed streamline needs to not exist imo. that is simply too much "free" efficiency with no drawback

one thing that keeps max efficiency builds in check is the -duration given from fleeting expertise, so while your abilities are super cheap, you are effectively spamming them more often to make up for it (which isn't even a that much of a drawback in most cases)