The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Get Relays

dashashou

Everything that 's in the relays could easily be in the dojo 

- the trader could be a decoration hologram kiosk

- the syndicates ambassadorial wings could easily be a  room 

- the hanger should really be in the dojo to give both context and feel to the dojo 

- that rhino statue  i want it in my hall of honor - heck i would boost it if I could

- Dav's  market could be a special teleport pad  that would take you to his store 

i just don't get why DE is spending server time and money on these relays when all the stuff in them could / should be in the dojo  

I personally hate the Dojo. It's Bland and boring.

They should move the Clan research to the Hub and you have to research each item for yourself. (But be Easier)

And then Demolish the Dojo completely.

I honestly want access to the Relay stuff from either my ship or my dojo. The biggest reason being that the game will not let me enter relays, crashing whenever I even think about trying to enter them. It'd also be kinder to add these things to our ship or dojo because not everyone wants to walk through crowds of people to just turn in medallions and then return to their ship; even if I could enter the Relay, I would only ever use it for these very inconvenient tasks rather than anything resembling social behavior.

well till my friend made a clan i wasn't going to join one so for those solo players they could add a personal research terminal to the relay so this way people without a clan can build research blueprints for slightly less than a ghost clan which would make them the solo players dojo which would be a great use for them and while i would love a hanger in my dojo its already perfectly laid out and 5 labs in the grandest hall works out perfectly so it would be more of a pain that it would be an effective immersian tool

Edited by Swiftfingers

Players clamored for months for a central hub to congregate.  This is a much more personal way to recruit and/or build a squad rather than go through the recruitment tab.  It gives the universe a unique feel and adds to the lore.  The relays ARE LIKE Dojos, that I agree with, but they're more like clan-neutral Dojos for the developers to "sell" us exclusive gear through the Void Trader, as well as giving the Syndicates a place to exist physically.  All this time I was like "where are you talking to me from?"

I still wanna know where The Lotus sits though.  You've been giving me all these orders, yet we haven't met face to face yet!

I have the same feeling.

I never visit those at all, unless the void trader is there.

And as far as the social and show-your-cool-customizations side of it, I feel it doesn't work nor is needed.

Still feel the worst of it all its the fact they are all a copy-paste of each other.

But hey, some ppl like them, whatever, let them have their fun :P

Edited by 7grims

I have the same feeling.

I never visit those at all, unless the void trader is there.

And as far as the social and show-your-cool-customizations side of it, I feel it doesn't work nor is needed.

Still feel the worst of it all its the fact they are all a copy-paste of each other.

But hey, some ppl like them, whatever, let them have their fun :P

The copy paste feel is probably going to pass as things are added.  This is just like the starter relay kit.  Eventually clans will have a presence, new statues, probably different layouts.

Mayyybeeee people just like to hang out? When not farming? Yes? Meet other players?

Plus, you sometimes get to see DE staff chilling at Larunda, so there's that.

EDIT: And often, lower ranks in a clan don't allow you to host the dojo, so you gotta wait for someone to host it for you. While relays do nothing for you if you need it for trading, it's good if you just want to diddle around.

Edited by Hyenasaurus

Will have limited rare sales from darvo. first come first serve last it was described.

already a place to turn in badges.

The trader.

Community collection events with new librarian cephalon.

three tiers of layouts represented in planet difficulty. special statue in each one.

Clan won club house that cycles every few weeks, for gloating or a place to recruit more.

Likely a PVP version of the room.

Seems like enough reason to have a location anyone can go to.

i just don't get why DE is spending server time and money on these relays when all the stuff in them could / should be in the dojo  

World building, which in turn makes the game better, which in turn makes DE more money. Don't worry about DE, I'm sure they can handle their finances just fine on their own.

The copy paste feel is probably going to pass as things are added.  This is just like the starter relay kit.  Eventually clans will have a presence, new statues, probably different layouts.

I have a feeling that those changes will be very small and practically insignificant.

Like you said, it will be all the same, a true copy-paste, but with different little details here and there.

I would rater see those as each being unique, and the best idea in my view would be making each whit a syndicate architecture style and unique layout for all the compound.

One way or another, all the changes they spoke of, wont make them being any more relevant or have any real use, except maybe for the new syndicate guy, but we dont know yet how will that pan out either.

I have a feeling that those changes will be very small and practically insignificant.

Like you said, it will be all the same, a true copy-paste, but with different little details here and there.

I would rater see those as each being unique, and the best idea in my view would be making each whit a syndicate architecture style and unique layout for all the compound.

One way or another, all the changes they spoke of, wont make them being any more relevant or have any real use, except maybe for the new syndicate guy, but we dont know yet how will that pan out either.

On the other hand, what if they had handcrafted every relay the way you'd like them to, only to lose 2/3 of them in Eyes of Blight?

Now that's a waste of time and resources.

Even more if you're of the group that believes that EoB was scripted. Why would they make every relay different if they were going to get rid of most of them anyways? 

They probably made them copy/paste because EoB was on their minds all along, so it wouldn't be a complete waste of effort even if 1 relay survive.

Now that relays won't be actively blown up in the near future, (that we know), they'll add the differentiating stuff.