Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering

Hotshot0507

They said at Tenno Live it was something that was never intended but people loved. And that even in the Parkour update it will still exist and be a thing. We are space ninjas, that fast paced movement has really become a part of the game, couldn't imagine it any other way. I don't see it ever being removed.

it's an exploit. don't put excuses, and it will disappear, and if not, parkour 2.0 its going to be a total failure

Edited by Toppien

slide attack and air attack should have some limits in reach but most important slide and stuff should only be possible while melee is equipped. this wouldnt just balance it for pvp it also would make equipping manually the melee weapons and fighting with them more usefull in pve. 1 stone 2 birds.

usual attacks should be still possible with melee but shouldnt have as good dmg i think. ( just my opinion )

Edited by Lord_Noctus

it's an exploit. don't put excuses, and it will disappear, and if not, parkour 2.0 its going to be a total failure

I don't know if you're understanding this.

Filtering is KNOWN and ENDORSED by the developers. It's not going away.

Exploit or not, DE has said it is staying.  I don't see how coptering would cause any problems for parkour 2.0, if anything will, air melee will by making parkour pointless and I don't even think that'll be the case.

Ah, maybe that's it.  I hadn't used the nikana, was my first go with it, and I hadn't tried it without the blind justice stance.  Do you know if the blind justice stance makes it even worse?  You basically drop like a stone when you do the melee to try to copter.

Actually the Blind Justice stance removes coptering try one of the other stances if you want it back.

fixed it.... Steps I did:

1# Open steam

2# right click on game -> properties

3# Local Files Tab > Verify integrity of game cache (there was over 100 errors)

4# Re-downloaded 6GB and a few updates

KingTaro: The way I play is max distance and speed. I can copter right to the enemy then use my primary or warframe ability. I love ceramic dagger because it lets me copter vast distances fast. I even use this technique to kill nullifiers (copter into the bubble and kill them before they ever get a shot off)

i would like to be fixed is flying by a entire room just by your melee atack speed.
They really seem right to cover the distance of a entire room just for that?
Where is the skill?

is normal that?
coptering completely destroys the gaming experience , for what reason should jump when my sword can blow me for an entire room .
seems somewhat out of place , should fix because they know it is wrong .
the inability to produce it, and the way that destroys the gaming experience is totally great

I wish they would just get rid of it.

This. It looks stupid, breaks immersion, and punishes those who don't use it. 

I'm sure people will try it in Raids, and all I can say to that is is to have fun bleeding out, because I ain't reviving you.

Not sure if it is just my imagination + faulty memory, but did anybody else noticed that some weapons that weren't very "copterable" now has coptering traits?  or could it be because of speed mods that just boosted the "copterability" pass the noticeable threshold...

it's not only attack speed, but animations as well. for example, if you try kronen, the slide attack's speed boost ends abruptly when the animation ends, but on something like zorens it maintains speed.

my personal favorite for this (plus the default jump attack) is scoliac, but i haven't tried tipedo yet.

it's not only attack speed, but animations as well. for example, if you try kronen, the slide attack's speed boost ends abruptly when the animation ends, but on something like zorens it maintains speed.

my personal favorite for this (plus the default jump attack) is scoliac, but i haven't tried tipedo yet.

tipedo is crazy... it is my "coptering" choice now.

EDIT: just to add, the extreme "copterability" of tipedo actually compromises its melee effectiveness at times...

its like, slide-charge towards enemy, wait... what the ... (looks at enemies at your back while you fly way ahead)

Edited by smithf

Parkour will never flourish as long as coptering and directional melee exists. It's like asking Superman to take the damn stairs instead of flying to the top of a building. There is no incentive. Coptering and Directional melee are better because we can fly with them. It's unfortunate that they look like crap and rely on having a melee weapon equipped.

Parkour will never flourish as long as coptering and directional melee exists. It's like asking Superman to take the damn stairs instead of flying to the top of a building. There is no incentive. Coptering and Directional melee are better because we can fly with them. It's unfortunate that they look like crap and rely on having a melee weapon equipped.

that's so true lol. iirc coptering was actually a bug, that early beta-testers got so dependent on that the dev prob find it hard to remove.

by itself, it doesn't make sense at all (unless we actually throw the weapon away backwards, which will then provide additional forward force?)

Realistically, it is probably there to stay, esp for those rush-type style. there will probably be a revolt if it is taken out.... (-_-;)

I am pinning more hope on stealth style play to make good use of hopefully improved parkour (where the usual coptering will alert everybody). e.g. if we could actually hold in place on walls etc for a while, would have more options to stealth around enemies, or drop down for a stealth skill (would be nice if there is a special stealth drop-kill, than just drop to ground, then backstab/kill normally)

Maybe one day, I can climb up a wall, then onto the ceiling, use special grip/harness to keep feet stuck on wall/ceiling, freeing both hands, and shoot at some unexpecting enemy upside down :)

upsidedown.jpg

I wouldn't mind if they remove coptering from the game because for the longest time I've sprinted with a rush mod. I prefer sprinting but in a group I feel a bit forced to copter with copter-friendly weapons just to keep up. I think it's too late at this point to remove coptering entirely. Once you implement something and it catches on, then you can never go back.

I find coptering to be fun but imo, it ruins the game by rushing through everything. "Go fast or go solo".

Maybe we can tone down at how far you can travel while coptering? Treat coptering the same way as it is for heavy weapons, or make heavy weapons copter-friendly. Either way, it's meant to be a sliding spin attack but goes a little overboard by traversing through the entire map in one go.

"It looks bad"

Bad? I remember being a newbie and seeing someone copter for the first time, and my first thought was 'WHOA that is so awesome, how do I do that?!'

Ontopic, I like coptering because I mostly use slow frames and my builds don't leave space for a rush mod, but I won't exactly complain much if it's removed. I'll like it more or less depending on how cool/useful parkour 2.0 turns out to be.

But people will always find ways to 'cheat'. Remember leaping and run-sliding?

tipedo is crazy... it is my "coptering" choice now.

EDIT: just to add, the extreme "copterability" of tipedo actually compromises its melee effectiveness at times...

its like, slide-charge towards enemy, wait... what the ... (looks at enemies at your back while you fly way ahead)

That is actually the biggest reason I don't use coptering weapons.  I don't mind coptering, but I do dislike not being able to land a slide attack.  Pretty much the only time I use coptering is if I have a Hobbled dragon key equipped.

I disagree.

Link:

This is hardly cotpering though. You're just spamming the spin attack with max swing speed.

I'm talking about the mid-air copter, the one that stacks the physics behind you and launches you forward. No matter the stance the nikana just can't do it.

Copetring gets removed, Rhinoobs start butthurt crying combo.

In all seriousness, if you cannot move fast without copering, you are doing something wrong.

Really, there's wall kicks to send you flying across a full room, air attacks that not only give you a boost but is also directionnal, the butt slide and somersaults.

I haven't coptered in a while after using the Tipedo or Orthos to literally torpedo through the air with any Warframe.

I'm talking about the mid-air copter, the one that stacks the physics behind you and launches you forward. No matter the stance the nikana just can't do it.

Do you mean something like this?

Link:

You can actually choose how far you want to slide with every melee weapon.

But it's not widely known from what I noticed.