Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Erm, Pvp 2.0 Sounds Stupid?

The_Markie

you have only 4 frames... what do you even do in the game?... i mean one of the biggest fun aspects of warframe is collecting frames and weapons so you can find what you want or need for each mission or for your personal multitask loadout...

you have only 4 frames... what do you even do in the game?... i mean one of the biggest fun aspects of warframe is collecting frames and weapons so you can find what you want or need for each mission or for your personal multitask loadout...

I have like 6, and I barely use any of them other than Ash. Some of us specialize in specific frames.

If the obvious pun devstream 47(or maybe it was tenno live, or stream 46, i can't remember exactly, give me a sec and I'll find it) (found it) at Tenno Live wasn't clear enough, Frost is in the line up for pvp 2.0 frames.

Here: http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/headless-drive-thru.gif

Steve says it around 29:29, video is a bit before, but he's clearly alluding to Frost.

"One of them said, I think it was Scott, something along the lines of a cool addition was recently passed to be playable in pvp"

On the other hand, recently I've been looking for an excuse to re-build the skana, but I also have the Cronus, and I sort of expect that to be a pvp 2.0 approved weapon.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Well I might be a seasoned player but I'm not a grinder, so I thought if I only grind for a smaller selection of warframes and weapons I would still be able to get some fun out of events and operations and maybe PvP. Apparently Not.

It says 'variants', so just to confirm the possibly obvious, that means stuff like Vandals and Primes? Otherwise I'd rather not have some of these base weapons taking up slots.

No, it is NOT. You are stupid.  They will provide us the starter Warframes abd Weapons. I guess common sense is not your thing. Bye Felicia

You've decided to insult someone twice yet in fact it's backfired on you. Try reading the topic before trying to insult someone, less of a chance of making yourself look like a fool. They aren't providing us with anything if you do not have them already.

https://warframe.com/news/building-warframe-warframes-mods-and-weapons-pvp-20

'Just like with the permitted Warframes, players need to own the permitted weapons in order to participate in PvP.'

Edited by Naith

It says 'variants', so just to confirm the possibly obvious, that means stuff like Vandals and Primes? Otherwise I'd rather not have some of these weapons taking up slots.

Yes, fortunately, I still have my Latron Prime and Bo Prime. but I don't have any of the required secondary. I only have vasto, bronco, viper, some stuff.

The thing is, this is narrowing the already narrowed scope. How can I effectively build a diverse team when there are straight-out "master races" in both weapons and warframes. I don't think it'll take a really really short time to expand the list to a point where you can react accordingly to the loadout of your teammates and bring in a totally different kind of firepower.

The waiting time that it'll take for guys like you or me to be able to actually take our favorite gear into PvP with us is annoying but necessary. It is also pretty likely that it wont be crazy long for most of the frames to get into the pool. 

We'd be waiting a good deal longer to actually PLAY this mode if they tried to balance the entire arsenal out before we've even touched it. What's worse - they'd be balancing it out like that based on their own in-house testing. Any number of things could go differently or wrong once it is in the community's hands. Things that don't seem broken at all in their in-house games might be downright exploitative in the hands of a clever Tenno out here in the wild west.

This is a GOOD thing. Take this as what it is. DE is taking this process nice and slow. Getting the game mode into our hands so that they can learn our wants and needs in regards to map and strategy and build while they slowly wrap the game balance snugly around how we play their game mode.

Oh wait there was required weapon for pvp 2.0? if that the list of weapon then I'm banned from it already,feel like that pvp is going to be empty at release

Must have some of the Primes though, right? I thought the same as I don't think I've kept any of those weapons (apart from my lovely Bo) but Primes/Vandals are apparently included.

Edited by Naith

Oh wait there was required weapon for pvp 2.0? if that the list of weapon then I'm banned from it already,feel like that pvp is going to be empty at release

And on the other hand - the guys who DO go and grab some scrub gear in order to jump in will be able to laugh it up real nice as everyone in every match is essentially fighting with nerf guns. 

Scrubmode only PvP will be a funny thing to see for the short time that the list is as small as it is.

Tbh with the current PvP system they have in quite existed for what they'll make of it. Getting all of the standard frames like Excalibur/Volt is child's play compared to some of the prime warframes. Going out guns blazing at something that's in beta and yet to change is not the way to go, I mean if I wouldnt e sitting on all these warframes I'd love the idea of maybe pay 50 000 credits to try Excalibur or a weapon on the battlefield (or "rent it" for a few PvP games).

If you just take your time to get all the standard versions of every Warframe you'll never saying "I can't do this since I'm missing that!" The basic "set" of warframes opens a lot of doors which is why I make my clan mates get frost/nova/Loki the first few days/weeks of warframe.

As others said, be patient and wait it out and prepare for it instead of cutting it in half. You still have time.

Yes, one can use prime/event variants of pvp approved weapons. Latron prime/wraith, strun wraith, boar prime, braton prime/vandal, dex furis, lato prime/vandal, sicarus prime, skana prime, bo prime. And there are also Mk-1 variants, braton, strun and regular lato variants, which can be bought from the market with just credits and will be made competitive with other weapons.

Getting a pvp approved weapon isnt really that big of a deal.

Well I might be a seasoned player but I'm not a grinder, so I thought if I only grind for a smaller selection of warframes and weapons I would still be able to get some fun out of events and operations and maybe PvP. Apparently Not.

Most of the frames can be acquired with no grinding, for example: all of the PvP frames. And all of the PvP weapons.

It's my understanding that the rest of the frames and weapons will eventually be available in PvP as well, after they've been balanced. I assume they're limiting our options for now because only the mentioned selection of frames and weapons will have been balanced by release. We're getting a taste of what's to come, just roll with it mate.

It's my understanding that the rest of the frames and weapons will eventually be available in PvP as well, after they've been balanced. I assume they're limiting our options for now because only the mentioned selection of frames and weapons will have been balanced by release. We're getting a taste of what's to come, just roll with it mate.

Exactly this. The list will expand as DE works their way through more of the arsenal.

Yea... No. Just like how They've been trying to balance AR's and ppl still use em' all day Destiny PvP balance is awful especially for Exotic weapons.

High impact ARs took a heavy hit though. They took around 10-15% nerfs.

RIP Shadow Price. You don't deserve this. *sobs in corner*

It'll be worth the wait; the current PvP was so broken that you needed to rely on gentlemen rules in order to enjoy yourself and that could go out of whack the moment someone decided not to abide by them.

Now at least, the playing field will (hopefully) be even and make PvP an actual fun part of the game instead of a novelty added in quickly to respond to a vocal demand of one part of the community.

Hell, I might even give PvP 2.0 a try since I'm hopeful it'll depend more on player skill and less on stats and builds.

As for the availability of Warframes and weapons? Tough, but you couldn't use them either if you didn't own them in PvE and I'm guessing they could later have some kind of 'default loadouts' ready for PvP so players have a least an option or two if they don't own all of the available Warframes and weapons that are in the rotation.

Edited by Wiegraf

i purchased and remade equipment recently just for this. Latron, Skana and Kunai. As for frame, You have two weeks to farm one of the starter frames, Mag being the easiest one since her components drop from Mars. Excal from Pluto if you can. And Volt is behind Clan Walls so if you belong to one with finished research its the easiest one.

Besides even if you don't want to farm all you have to do is wait. These are just the initial frames, and they'll continuously release the remaining frames and weapons.

I think this is a troll post, because anyone who's played long enough to want to sell the lato, can easily make one again.
Second. Right now, conclaves is just people one hitting other people from across the map, or one spin melee attack. Go look up RexSol on youtube. He's been a hardcore PVP player, and knows the maps to the point it looks like he's using magic to get around lol. If anyone has a good sense of how to ballance, and improve PVP, it would be him, and he says he has good feeling about the upcoming changes, so I'm optimistic.

And on the other hand - the guys who DO go and grab some scrub gear in order to jump in will be able to laugh it up real nice as everyone in every match is essentially fighting with nerf guns. 

Scrubmode only PvP will be a funny thing to see for the short time that the list is as small as it is.

Does sound extremely entertaining.

If the obvious pun at Tenno Live wasn't clear enough, Frost is in the line up for pvp 2.0 frames.

Here: http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/headless-drive-thru.gif

Steve says it around 29:29, video is a bit before, but he's clearly alluding to Frost.

On the other hand, recently I've been looking for an excuse to re-build the skana, but I also have the Cronus, and I sort of expect that to be a pvp 2.0 approved weapon.

Quoting this for visibility.

Based on Steve's 'hint', you should be able to use your Frost Prime, as they(the devs) have also confirmed that all variants are allowed in pvp 2.0, as others in the thread have already stated.

Edited by GhostSwordsman