Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime

Leethorn

i personally have no problem with rhino prime... i just feel he is the single most common frame i see. also i think what people are complaining about in general is how a lot of rhino prime (and rhino) players just spam their ult... i feel that this applies to every warframe however and a simple solution is to make it to where the ult does not get supplied by energy but instead requires a certain number of kills in order to use... (this should at least stop ult spams) and also ults should be powered up  if the change would be like this due to the fact that it could only be used once every now and then (if not only once a mission)

I strongly dislike this idea, probably because it would just break most of my builds. Still you have to think of some of the ults that dont just kill everything in sight, blessing, banshees ult, lokis disarm all these would just kinda be meh then because one use a mission or not beign able to use it when you really need it would make it to me at least not worth bringing it. I would end up just using invisibility frames, or rhino even more because iron skin is there and ready to protect me while i would have to wait for blessing to heal me and give me my damage reduction.

Playstyle=/=bad habits.

Early game Rhino encourages a very aggressive play style, to the point where a new player would think this is how the game can be played at any level. Now, it isn't bad to play aggressively, but this also encourages recklessness, sometimes even selfishness. Many new players who build Rhino as their second frame will think that ironskin makes them untouchable, which is a bad thing. Enemies scale up, and if they don't act like a team player and use roar more than paperskin, there's gonna be a lot of bleed outs.

The only frame that would be a good step up from Rhino would be Valkyr, but to new players she isn't emphasized enough as the most durable warframe by her very low shields and the various ways to lifesteal.

Again, I have nothing against Rhino, but I do have something against what he represents for new players.

I agree with this and to maybe discourage this play style and also bring more popularity to another frame why doesnt rhino get switched out for a squishier frames, remebering most players wont have very good mods at that point such as nyx or volt that more encourage team play, but still have an oh sh*t button so they wont feel quiet as squishy. 

If any Frame is "easy mode", I would say it's Valkyr.

That cat has God mode, and can regenerate health just by doing damage with said God mode.

Her armor is stupidly high. Putting Rage on her basically gives you free and unlimited energy to keep abusing her God mode with.

If any Frame is "easy mode", I would say it's Valkyr.

That cat has God mode, and can regenerate health just by doing damage with said God mode.

Her armor is stupidly high. Putting Rage on her basically gives you free and unlimited energy to keep abusing her God mode with.

And as a Valkyr main, let me tell you that you'll do OBSCENELY more damage without abusing Hysteria. Warcry and Paralysis are your ticket to insane damage. 

Hysteria is a last ditch ability, with the goal of healing you back up to a sufficient enough point where Warcry can be cast again and go berserk. Good Valkyr players don't spam Hysteria. They conserve it for the last ditch survival scenarios. 

And as a Valkyr main, let me tell you that you'll do OBSCENELY more damage without abusing Hysteria. Warcry and Paralysis are your ticket to insane damage. 

Hysteria is a last ditch ability, with the goal of healing you back up to a sufficient enough point where Warcry can be cast again and go berserk. Good Valkyr players don't spam Hysteria. They conserve it for the last ditch survival scenarios.

Truth.

It's good and, because of the most common build, bad. Good in low level to become invincible, bad because a full iron skin build is useless in High level content (50+) Good because of Roar build, Stomp CC and Mobility in high level and low level content. 

Most people just hate the frame because of the people that use it, A.K.A the noobs and power creeps or whatever. 

I do play Rhino a lot because I just like his buffs, cc and mobility. I run a full roar build that still offers good CC and mobility. I have never heard of other people complain about me being rhino when I buff em. :)

Also, people hate it cuz it's cool to be with the mainstream hate. It's a psychological group mentality, that's why.

I find Rhino/Rhino Prime as average frame. 1 is horrible. 2 is ok but if you play right you will not even need it. 3 is bad because there mirage with augment. 4 is more of a panic button. As dmg ult it is not very impressive and as CC it is bad comparing to other abilities like Chaos. All he has is easy mode for most of star chart.

Rhino Prime is honestly rather boring to me, just your old fashioned 'barbarian-esque' or warrior frame, whereas Mesa is a gunslinger which I find to be an interesting frame with her set of skills and own style, while my neighbor would think that Mesa is boring and would adore Rhino.

Essentially, it all comes down to your own personal opinions and tastes for what you would like.

Try Rhino Prime and if you don't like him, don't use him. If you like him, that's great, just keep in mind that being a puerile child about how "powerful" you are and how you could beat anyone with him is going to make a lot of people call your bluff; people don't like being trash talked.

The only issue I have with Rhino Prime is just that there's no prerequisite. I'd personally love it if you had to have the non-Prime version before getting the Prime version.

Rebecca mentioned before in response to Rhino Prime being constantly complained about that it's up to the player and how they choose to play the game, but the only thing that really bugs me is that you have to be Mastery Rank 2 to get Rhino, yet you can be Mastery Rank 1 and have the superior Prime version. That's just an obvious progression issue.

If I had it my way, I'd put all of the primes behind some form of Mastery Rank lock just because they're the upgraded versions. Nobody's going to want Frost for anything more than Mastery Rank fodder when they can get Frost Prime.

----

As for Rhino Prime being OP, it's just because Rhino himself is the 'easy frame' due to how easy he is to acquire, how his abilities work (immobilizing enemies with his ultimate, boosting weapon damage with Roar, charging through enemies, and obviously negating damage). He's a fan favorite for people that prefer to be able to take some hits. Not a bad thing, but it's akin to seeing enemies only using Boltor Prime and Dread in Dark Sectors. Just gets tedious and annoying.

When you use Rift Walk you have to cast Banish on enemies, one by one, wich is why it isn't as good as Turbulence or Iron Skin.

We are talking damage reduction systems in the game. Rift Walk is the ultimate damage reduction in the game as it completely negates all of it. If you are in the rift and the enemies are on the other side you take zero damage from them despite the enemies still firing away at you.

I wasn't talking about damaging them back.

Rhino is a LOT like Oberon actually... people fail to see this, probably because Iron Skin and Stomp make him more or less god-mode for early to mid game.

But later in the game his "jack of all trades" skillset is not as powerful, just like Oberon.

Tanks? Mesa, Mirage, Trin and Valk can all tank better.

CC? Pretty much all the frames with CC are at least equal if not better.

Damage Buff? Banshee, Mirage, and even Nova are all more useful as buffers.

AOE Damage? Ash, Saryn, and Excal are all better (but who cares about AOE late game anyway)

I'm also one who thinks Iron Skin needs a buff... it should have an invulnerability period like Snow Globe where it absorbs damage to add to it's own health. This would help it scale late game, and wouldn't really change it's strength in any other scenarios. This would make Rhino a dependable support frame who can revive teammates. An alternative to Valk or Limbo.

Edited by mooser6

Rhino isn't OP, just a good enough jack of all trades for low-mid levels. Iron Skin is essentially god mode at those levels, and even when you get to the levels where it falls off it'll likely require a lot less management than any other, better, invulnerability skill. On top of this he has great shield/hp/armor base values. Roar can buff for things that don't die instantly (read: bosses with invincibility frames) and even carry some relevance into higher levels if build around. At low-mid levels Stomp is a clear, but also a CC when it doesn't 1 shot, making the clean-up easier and making revives safer. On top of all this he's fast with an arcane vanguard. To me, he is ConvenienceFrame. There are frames that do everything he does better, but why bother specializing for lower level missions when you can get essentially everything in one package?

-Forever a noob ;,,(

I've been hearing lately a lot about how Rhino Prime is OP, too good, he should be nerfed, etc. I have him, and I don't honestly think he's as OP as everyone says he is. Well yea he's a little OP, but isn't every frame in some way? He has his pros and his cons.

Thoughts?

Oh nah they are probably talking about me.

I have maxed transient fortitude on, maxed intensify, maxed blind rage, and maxed streamline and fleeting expertise. I use Roar then Rhino Stomp everything back in time before they and their mothers were born. o -o

Also my Iron Skin reaches over 4000. o -o