The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

Excal Prime isn't in the Vault.  Phrasing implies that he has a chance to come back for general consumption when that's not true.  

Please edit title to avoid more Excal Prime confusion/hate/rage/Hobbits.

He is in a vault that is sealed forever. Nothing can open that.

Some time later

[size=8]NEW! FROST PRIME PRIME ACCESS AVAILABLE NOW[/size]

FOR ONLY $69.99 GET THE OLD AND RENEWED FROST PRIME THAT'S KNOWN AS THE FROST PRIME PRIME

THIS PRIME ACCESS INCLUDES:-

DUAL OGRIS PRIME

AKSYNOID GAMMAPRIME

DUAL GALATINEPLSNERFME PRIME

AND THE EXCLUSIVE

PRIME GOLDEN COLOUR PACK AND FROST PRIME IMMORTAL SKIN AND FROST PRIME PRIME AVATAR

Some time later

NEW! FROST PRIME PRIME ACCESS AVAILABLE NOW

FOR ONLY $69.99 GET THE OLD AND RENEWED FROST PRIME THAT'S KNOWN AS THE FROST PRIME PRIME

THIS PRIME ACCESS INCLUDES:-

DUAL OGRIS PRIME

AKSYNOID GAMMAPRIME

DUAL GALATINEPLSNERFME PRIME

AND THE EXCLUSIVE

PRIME GOLDEN COLOUR PACK AND FROST PRIME IMMORTAL SKIN AND FROST PRIME PRIME AVATAR

Did they give same treatment to excalibro?

I want my excalibur prime prime avatar

Edited by MemeticRepo

So Everyone just hated the idea that frost prime (<3) will be out of the Void and maybe the "game"

DE, we hate when you guys just don't talk with us but our loved DEMegan Gave us a Light 

6wwOV33.jpg

so the "it can open it's doors at any time" represents the frost prime on special missions? like orokin vaults but bigger ?

just wondering but , raids for the prime vaults? frost prime ? with random opening times? *O* i just loved my idea OuO

No, the "it can open its doors at any time" means that we most likely won't see it again for awhile, if ever. That's just looking at their regular Vault, for which they said the same thing. We might see it next year.

It'll likely be the new prime acquisition system (removing the void, scattering primes across the starchart).

Its a very hasty, and poorly thought out decision. 3 full prime items will be inaccessible for an undisclosed amount of time. This will ruin the prime economy within the trading, and has, from what I've seen, just angered the player base more.

We need information on these things, and DE is failing badly at providing it.

Lol no.

There are so much Latron, Reaper and Frost prime parts in the market that you have to wait months until the price will rise. It hurts no one if you miss some mastery points as a beginner. And there is no difference between Frost prime and the normal frost. Also the reaper was never really used by anyone ...

Maybe the Latron prime as a good starter weapon will hurt a little bit, but there are so much other good weapons.

It's not that bad if they remove them ;) .

Didn't Steve explain that as being key-locked as usual, with the difference just being the tileset and enemies?

Yes, though I think that they could do significantly more than just "use key X to get extra reward at the end of the mission". It will probably tie in a sub-objective, or at least something akin to the orokin derelict vaults.

Did they give same treatment to excalibro?

I want my excalibur prime prime avatar

Unspoken rule of the forums: You don't talk about Excalibro Prime

But I wished they did gave the treatment....

@Bandaids, I would pay for it simply to give DE more support.

Won't we all?

So from the sounds of it that frost and the two weapons will be available but only from the prime vault. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like how DE has planned.

In order to access the vault will that mean we will have to go through a special event or be limited to the top tier clans?

No. You don't get Vault items as rewards. DE decides to release them, whenever they stop forgetting that they have a Vault full of exclusive stuff. This basically means that Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime are now exclusive items. Don't expect to see them anytime soon.

I have a suggestion. Why not do something like this: there will be a set droptable for all parts but you can only obtain parts from fixed primes. This list would reset itself weekly and there will be no chance for item that was last week to be on this weeks list but next week it can be there right back with other primes that were 2 weeks ago. After being on list item is locked for 1 week. This way droptable wont be flooded and items will be avalible eventualy. It will be something similar to Void Trader but it wont be fixed every time like he is.

First Primes were probably removed so they can be reintroduced with new Void setup. They are testing pieces for new Void drop rate.

Actually there is a good reason why this isnt half bad. DE removed Primes that drop like crazy, and majority of players have at least 2x every Prime set. Imagine what would happen if DE removed Loki, Boltor and Dakra Prime for testing purposes?

Yes, though I think that they could do significantly more than just "use key X to get extra reward at the end of the mission". It will probably tie in a sub-objective, or at least something akin to the orokin derelict vaults.

See, I'd prefer each and every node to have rewards associated with it. Perhaps you get a standard weapon part for X completions, a Prime part for Y times and a cosmetic if you're insane enough to do Z.

That would get people out into the starmap.

Ether daggers almost 1.5 years later

exactly

Still better than never, and even then, considering there was talk at Tennolive regarding bringing void rewards out of the void and to normal missions on the starmap, it's not hard to connect the dots, even though a lot of players seem to be struggling with it.

not that much better, snipetron is also in the vault apparently never to be re-released, same as regular boar which sits behind a 500 plat money wall and machete came out once in a very limited time frame, looking at it from this side is more likely for anything thrown into the vault to never return.

Ether Daggers were no priority because VERY LITTLE PLAYERS CARED.

Looking at the outroar right now, I'm perfectly calm about the situation.

Because A:

At this degree of outroar, DE always somewhat complied.

B:

Because this is stupid and DE knows it, THAT'S WHY THEY AREN'T GONNA REMOVE IT FOR LONG.

what bothers me is they almost seem to aim to create the outroar in the first place, with this kind of questionable "ideas".

Still better than never, and even then, considering there was talk at Tennolive regarding bringing void rewards out of the void and to normal missions on the starmap, it's not hard to connect the dots, even though a lot of players seem to be struggling with it.

Which is why I'm saying it's important for people to regard what was said at Tennolive before overreacting (there is no need to put "over" in brackets, people are overreacting, plain and simple). Based on what was said, I think it's a safe bet that this is only a temporary thing until DE figures out how to implement void rewards elsewhere.

I guess, in that light, it makes sense why they chose Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime - they had to get rid of some Prime items, so they went with these. It still doesn't change the fact that, in practice, DE's Vault almost never opens, and that, barring anymore information, the Prime Vault will function the same. That makes Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime basically exclusives like everything else in the regular Vault. The reason people are reacting the way they are is precisely because of DE's past handling of Vault items. They say that items are open to being re-released, but when those items are very rarely re-released, it sends the message that they are most likely not going to be re-released.

I hope so, because as it was presented it sounded a lot like it was going to be a "one key->one item" setup rather than the "one key->one item for each player" one we have now.  (Each player has to bring a key to get the rewards, that is.).  Which would be a whole new forumstorm.  (And even in the best-case scenarios the key:reward ratio we currently see in the endless modes is something I don't see happening in any version of that idea I can imagine...)

On the Vault itself, I really wish that DE would, like Disney, establish a minimum time an item is going to spend in the vault before being accessable again.  I mean, it's one thing if they're going to be right back in the mix in a month or so when the new void key system appears in 16.whatever and it's another if they won't show up for more than a year as a Davro or Baro deal for three days only and then back in the vault...

Edited by (PS4)j232000

My guess is it's due to the huge loot table that exists in the void. Everyone is freaking out about it now but I can tell you getting old prime parts is super frustrating when I'm trying to grind to get one of the newer primes. If the loot table isn't cut down, like they are doing, you could potentially have literal dozens of different rewards for a single game type(Survival, Exterminate, Defense, ETC)