Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hideo Kojima May Leave Konami

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

So some rumors have been flying about from an "inside source" that Hideo Kojima may leave Konami a few months after the release of MGS V: Phantom Pain.

My concern is Silent Hills. With him leaving Konami, he wont be able to work on the project.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

If he leaves I'm not buying Silent Hills. I will be a sad, sad Tenno.

MSG might need some new quality blood anyway.

Or it just needs to finally come to an end.

I love the MGS series a lot, ever since I was a youngster with a PS1, but I feel it's very close to being grouped up with titles which have been milked. Needs to be ended in a positive way and not touched again. I mean, I'm sure I read something a long time ago about how Guns of the Patriots was meant to be the final MGS game.

Edited by Naith

Metal Solid Gear?

No no, MonoSodium Glutamate.  Adds that chicken-y flavor that Snake?  SNAKE?  SNAAAAAAAKE!?!? is known for.

But yeah at this point I'm also of the opinion that it seems MGS is getting a little bit milked...

Interesting at any rate.

Best of luck to him, really. If it means we get to see him working on his other things, like Zone of the Enders, Policenauts or even the Boktai series, well, that'd be good. I'm not going to hold out hope for another entry in the Boktai series though, sadly. Pity, they were fun on the GBA and Lunar Knights was great.

Although I note that it says he's leaving Konami, but does that mean he's also leaving Kojima Productions?

Many Silent Hill games after 2 have been garbage, especially after 4. Excluding Shattered Memories. I do not see how his influence have helped at all considering they've been actionized slasherfests filled to the brim with Pyramid Head and Nurses for no reason at all.

Edited by Evil_Brick