The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I Did A Synthesis For The First Time...

Renegade343

And my thought process went like this: 

Locating the target: "Well, it is rather nostalgic with following the dots to the Synthesis target. Shame everything is through a yellowish filter. Feels like those old films again. Maybe that is why I am feeling nostalgic...". 

Spotting the target: "Got it! But first off, why is he highlighted bright yellow? And second, why would need to scan his kneecap? To see if Grineer kneecaps have osteoporosis?". 

Scanning one spot: "Easy enough... wait a moment, that target is running away? And is he farting something out? Looks like black clouds of some sort.". 

Chasing the target, and getting into the farts: "What the... why Magnetic debuffs? Has that target ate too much iron in his diet to the point that it can generate a sizeable magnetic field?". 

Anyways, got that target, and the last thought was: 

"Wait, stop! Don't dissolve away like that! I still have to kill you!". 

In short: Pretty fun. 

It's a bit annoying trying to scan a dude AND fend off enemies without killing the target.

I recommend either;

- Ignoring the enemies. A viable method if you're hunting Lancers on Mercury.

- Killing / CCing the enemies (preferably with powers). Always viable, but difficult to avoid killing the target.

- Trapping the target, shooting enemies, repeat until everything nearby is dead except the Synthesis Target. Works for me, after all.

Actually its a pain for ppl who want to do this stuff. The rushers will probably kill it.

My first and last experience with hunting with pubs went something like that.  See target, place the trap, herp-derp Rhino Prime kills him.  Never again.

But hunting itself is pretty fun.  For now.

- Ignoring the enemies. A viable method if you're hunting Lancers on Mercury.

bring a valkyr and you can ignore everyting and prolonged paralisis helps at getting scans at high levels (where it does do jack damage)

frost has a cheesy time scanning stuff between snowglobe and freeze too

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Yah, I ran into a synthesis target that could banish himself. I'd love to see the lore explanation behind that, since it took Limbo - a genius mathematician - countless hours of research (and ultimately his own life) to discover how to do this.

Edited by AM-Bunny

Pain in the arse the first few times you do it. Pretty swish and actually kinda fun when you get the hang of it.

p.s let us buy the scanners and traps in bulk so I dont have to put up with simaris violating my personal space every time I buy something

Round 1: Hopped into an alert, found the Synthesis target, dropped a trap and...

Rhino stomp.

Round 2: Set grouping to solo. Hopped into another mission. Found the synthesis target. Got really confused when he immediately booked it. Dropped the trap, did my Metroid scans. 

Honestly I like it. It's an extra thing you can do during a mission, there's no penalty for killing the synthesis target except needing to find another one, the scanner works on other enemies to give you Sanctuary rep (not a lot, but you do get some).

once located and started to scan here come a mr19 player with their newly bought chroma only to kill the target with his scindo p.<<< really@#$%!!

ok went solo played survival 28+ mins for it to show up pops trap getting ready to scan and nothing f-ing trap beam holding the target crashed the game 2x.. guess ill be watching march madness and syfy channel for the remainder of the day

Yeah, that's problem with this new scanning/capturing, no way to do it in a public group with so many just going insta death to get the mission over with.

I'm not even sure how it would work with multiple people being in the same game, scanning the same target.  I doubt the scans are shared, and no idea if multiple targets spawn then.

The sad thing is you have to use the scanner to even FIND the scanning target....

Cephalon Whatsisface tells you there is a target in the map and to use the scanner to find him...so if you don't scan every enemy of that type you won't find him....

DEFINITELY go solo for scans.

I find that exterms work best and try to get the room he's in (once you find him) to go into lockdown,that way he can only run around the room you're in and you can avoid using too many traps as once he is far enough away he slows down and sometimes even stops. Plus once everything but him is dead there won't be any sneak attacks. Also try for the lowest level enemies you can scan with the most durable frame you have....He will shoot at you but that way you'll be able to shrug it off for the most part.