Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Should Get The Same Treatment As Excalibur.

Deruser

Do you guys agree? Saryn appears a lot nowadays, after the nerf on Excalibur. As expected, after Excal's nerf, it seems a lot of players are going to Saryn to do their Draco farming. Saryn needs a rework as badly as Excalibur, especially since her other 3 abilities other than Miasma are underwhelming. Please DE, could you buff Saryn other 3 abilities and rework Miasma the same way you did with Excalibur's Radial Javelin? It seems only logical.

Suggestions for other 3 abilities:

1. Venom

This ability is very intuitive and original, however, the damage it does is just not worth it. Especially when you compare it to Miasma. A 100% chance to proc viral would be nice, along with a short stun after each spore explosion?

2. Molt

Molt is not really that bad, but maybe the proc chance can be 100% toxin and 50% viral proc? The explosion should also have a short stun.

3. Contagion

Contagion's damage scales off your melee weapon, which is nice. But it forces us into melee. Can the poison effect apply to primaries too? This would make it way more viable in higher levels.

DISCUSS.

This comment is highly biased since I love playing Saryn.

First, I like the idea for Venom, although maybe only one of those aspects should be added for the moment until we see how played it becomes. Molt is already pretty great since you can shed any status effects. Contagion is indeed underwhelming, but I think it would need a complete rework, rather than going off of the current effect. If the projectile-boosting mechanic was added, maybe a shield-type ability would be needed, as it would otherwise make little sense as far as game mechanics goes, unless it was a boost to projectile-only weapons such as bows or thrown projectiles. Miasma non-LoS mechanic makes sense to me. It's an ejection of poison into the surrounding area, while Radial Javelin is a precisely targeted piercing of enemies. Maybe reworking the damage mechanic so that lower duration doesn't give higher damage, which would sadden me but makes sense, since I don't think Miasma's damage mechanic was formulated with negative duration in mind. 

Edited by Cruispleuro

I'm not going to get into a mass debate, but since this involves Saryn, I'll at least make a comment.

Do not give Saryn any form of "line of sight" change, especially Miasma. Miasma is/should be a cloud of poison, therefore, it can easily spread throughout an entire room or even into adjoining hallways and areas. You can apply the same logic to Molt's Toxin damage, it's nothing more than poisonous gas. The only possible thing you could do to make these skills more realistic is to actually implement those clouds of gas as part of the ability. How much more enjoyable that would be though, I can't say.

Buff/tweak Saryn where she needs it so that all her skills are more usable, but don't you dare get any bright ideas for massive nerfs because you don't like what a frame can do.

No one better nerf Nyx's skills either, she's psychic for Ruk's sake.

Edited by Ailith

The LOS  awareness change wouldn't really make sense in the way that it does for Excalibur, because it's supposed to be a gas. I like the buffs though. 

Honestly, I sort of wish Miasma was an actual cloud of gas something akin to MPrime animation wise, with some small knockback when she casts it. The cloud should hang around in the area for the duration and deal some heavy DOT. 

Do you guys agree? Saryn appears a lot nowadays, after the nerf on Excalibur. As expected, after Excal's nerf, it seems a lot of players are going to Saryn to do their Draco farming. Saryn needs a rework as badly as Excalibur, especially since her other 3 abilities other than Miasma are underwhelming. Please DE, could you buff Saryn other 3 abilities and rework Miasma the same way you did with Excalibur's Radial Javelin? It seems only logical.

Suggestions for other 3 abilities:

1. Venom

This ability is very intuitive and original, however, the damage it does is just not worth it. Especially when you compare it to Miasma. A 100% chance to proc viral would be nice, along with a short stun after each spore explosion?

2. Molt

Molt is not really that bad, but maybe the proc chance can be 100% toxin and 50% viral proc? The explosion should also have a short stun.

3. Contagion

Contagion's damage scales off your melee weapon, which is nice. But it forces us into melee. Can the poison effect apply to primaries too? This would make it way more viable in higher levels.

DISCUSS.

PLEASE GOD NO! People need to stop asking for nerfs! 

From the description of miasma it would not make sense. The description describes miasma as a gas, it wouldn't make sense for a gas to have los. However with the sound affect and animation, it sounds and looks more like poison sludge then a gas.

*Through noxious exhalation, Saryn pollutes the atmosphere with a lethally poisonous mist that corrodes all enemies in range, effectively disintegrating organic and synthetic matter instantly.

From a gameplay aspect it does make sense as she is one of the more common spamming frames. However miasma does have a short range, if it weren't for the corrupted mods this move wouldn't nearly be as "game wrecking" as it is now.

My guess would be to change how the move works from sludge flinging to some sort of gas.

Edited by Postal_pat

I absolutely disagree for nerf on Saryn.

Have you seen what happened to those who used to like Radial Javelin? Well they're all mad.

Now you wish to nerf Miasma out of Saryn?

I hope you re-consider this statement of yours before the community moderator takes the move.

Although a good idea for a buff on her 1st to 3rd skill but a nerf on 4th, maybe not.

Thanks for allowing me to leave a comment.

Enjoy the game! :D

Sincere, reverb6.

Miasma is/should be a cloud of poison, therefore, it can easily spread throughout an entire room or even into adjoining hallways and areas.

This.

What if we made Miasma actually spread like toxic cloud instead of just an X-ray hit everything button?

Burn you heretic xD

Why why?

Why do some man just want to see the world burn?

For real mans, this game is become a huge poop, even more when ppl agree with these bad nerfs DE makes.

Yah saryn ultimate may be powerfull, but look at the rest of her ability set, all worthless stuff.

Edited by 7grims

Out of all frames, Saryn is one of that needs a nerf? To be completely honest, she needs a buff. No frame should be nerfed unless it completely, even more extreme than Draco, breaks the game. Like Nova's M-Prime nerf, that was one of the only Warframe nerfs that were actually needed.

Out of all frames, Saryn is one of that needs a nerf? To be completely honest, she needs a buff. No frame should be nerfed unless it completely, even more extreme than Draco, breaks the game. Like Nova's M-Prime nerf, that was one of the only Warframe nerfs that were actually needed.

I agree, but did Excalibur need a nerf? You are lying to yourself if you answered yes to that question. Since the developers have no plans to change Radial Javelin back, then it only makes sense to change the other frames' big AOEs. I don't see why Excalibur is the only frame that requires LOS and the awareness mechanic when no other frame requires it.

Burn you heretic xD

Why why?

For real mans, this game is become a huge poop, even more when ppl agree with these bad nerfs DE makes.

Yah saryn ultimate may be powerfull, but look at the rest of her ability set, all worthless stuff.

I do not agree with the nerfs, but DE stated that they do not want to change Excalibur back. Since they do not want to, then in terms of balance, other frames should be changed.

You realise they pretty much nerfed her already when they changed the way that venom works? Back in the days venom outpowered miasma since it stacked infinitely

ih7Ez63.jpg

Here's an image of how it used to work but they decided to change it because it would lag other people out who didn't have strong computers, it was one of the frames sought out for high level defense since her venom would pretty much obliterate them all since it just kept stacking.

Saryn's one of my favourite frames too, just because she's so aesthetically pleasing to look at, imo she's one of the best if not the best looking frame.

Her fourth skill seems fine the way it is and should stay as it is, the only reason people mod her for her 4th skill is because her other abilities are lacking and are pretty bad, I'm pretty sure if you make those viable then not so many people would mod her just for her 4th.

Isn't Saryn technically already nerfed? She has 1 good skill, one alright skill, one useless skill, and one non-existent skill. Not saying that Excal isn't in a similar situation, but frame balance needs...balancing. Make the other skills ACTUALLY USEFUL before nerfing anything

Burn you heretic xD

Why why?

Apart from contagion, the rest is great.

I'll never understand players that find molt useless or the ability to cut a group of lvl40+ corrupted gunners health in half "usless".

Obviously people are entitled to their opinion.

But Miasma isn't all saryns good for.

Not even close..

Edited by StinkyPygmy

This.

What if we made Miasma actually spread like toxic cloud instead of just an X-ray hit everything button?

Yeah, it's always irked me a bit that Miasma isn't, well, an actual Miasma. It's just a poison nova. I've suggested ideas in the past about how Miasma could be reworked into a slowly-expanding cloud that dealt heavy Corrosive damage and a chance to proc Corrosive, while also providing her and her teammates some sort of damage mitigation or healing or other buff while inside the cloud. In any case, I'd like to see other peoples' ideas on this concept. Anything to make Miasma more interesting to use, since her skillset has a lot of potential for creative loops involving setting down Molts > casting Venoms > holding down areas and finishing enemies off with Miasmas.

Dunno what to do about Contagion, though.

Edited by Noble_Cactus