Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows And What It Has Come To Be.

T3chnoM0nkey

I may just be the only one, but i feel like kubrows have become a bit of a forgotten update.

First, I think, the possibilty of having a kubrow die permanently has stopped people from putting lots of effort and time into it. For that reason i haven't put my reactor in it.

The thing that you have to take care of it is a great idea. But is it off a little?  

I mean at least a refund for the cash used on that kubrow would be decent right?

What do my fellow tenno think?

Sincerely Tenno.

I personally don't use Kubrows for one or maybe two reasons.

The cost - Seriously, Kubrows cost ALOT to mantain in comparison to a sentinel, and then there is the whole loyalty mechanic.

Sentinels - Why use a Kubrow on higher levelled missions when I can use a Sentinel that can Heal shields with Guardian, Provide CC with Crowd Dispersal and Coolant Leak and can shield you while you revive an ally with Sanctuary. No point really using a Kubrow on anything than the few lower level planets IMO.

It's always been my belief that Ordis should just shove dogs into stasis if they are at risk of dying, instead of actually letting them die.  You would then have to nurse it back to health but at least it would not waste potatoes and forma and time/resources spent breeding it.

The cost - Seriously, Kubrows cost ALOT to mantain

Why use a Kubrow on higher levelled missions

No they don't.  3125 credits per day is nothing.

Because kubrows are tougher than warframes, let alone sentinels, and because kubrows get downed rather than immediately killed. You can revive them. I haven't actually lost my kubrow like... at all this year.  Sentinels get randomly one-shotted by AOE on high level missions. and then you have nothing for the rest of the mission.

Edited by Momaw

Kubrows do not cost that much credits at all. Just the 100,000 Credits for the Incubator Power Core and thats all...

Just put your Kubrow into Stasis before the daily reset and bam! You have saved yourself from decaying problem.

As for the power level, My fully-modded kubrows can face-tank Level 80 enemies and they are often more durable than me. 

I'm not saying that Kubrows are great, but you just pummel them to the ground more than they deserve.

It's always been my belief that Ordis should just shove dogs into stasis if they are at risk of dying, instead of actually letting them die.  You would then have to nurse it back to health but at least it would not waste potatoes and forma and time/resources spent breeding it.

No they don't.  3125 credits per day is nothing.

It may be nothing for alot of players, But the 75k DNA stabes are certainly costly to someone who is credit short, which quite a few people are.

75k DNA stabes are certainly costly to someone who is credit short, which quite a few people are.

75K isn't trivial to most players, but then, you only need to spend that once every 24 days.

I would hazard a guess that for the typical player keeping a kubrow probably takes 10% or less of their credit income.

It's off because Warframe's overall design does not support the ability to lose something without choosing to get rid of it; it's a game of progression. Losing a Kubrow to inaction opposes the game's central mechanic of progression. 

I personally don't use Kubrows for one or maybe two reasons.

The cost - Seriously, Kubrows cost ALOT to mantain in comparison to a sentinel, and then there is the whole loyalty mechanic.

Sentinels - Why use a Kubrow on higher levelled missions when I can use a Sentinel that can Heal shields with Guardian, Provide CC with Crowd Dispersal and Coolant Leak and can shield you while you revive an ally with Sanctuary. No point really using a Kubrow on anything than the few lower level planets IMO.

Cost - 3145 a day isn't much althought sents are free.

Kubs don't die easily in high levels unlike sents. Yes sents can do all that but they die almost as soon as corrupted bombards start spawning. Even if your batdog went down you can just rez it.

Raksa outperforms Wyrm any day. Howl is godlike and has much less cool down compared to Crowd Dispersal and the shield restore thingy is far more useful imo again because of the short cool down unlike Guardian.

The only thing that keeps sents from being obsolete is the lazy players that use Carrier and the crappy ai on kubs.

It's off because Warframe's overall design does not support the ability to lose something without choosing to get rid of it; it's a game of progression. Losing a Kubrow to inaction opposes the game's central mechanic of progression. 

At this point, you only lose a kubrow if you, the player, do nothing about it, meaning that it's 100% your fault.

There's not really much of an excuse any more, given that it takes something ridiculous like two weeks for one to go from full health to dead, assuming you never take care of it. That's a really long time.

I've also skipped Kubrows in lieu of Sentinels for this exact reason. I've heard they're much stronger than sentinels, but the whole "losing health over time" really turns me off. I just finished the quest and am seriously thinking of just selling my newborn Huras to spare it the slow death... 

At this point, you only lose a kubrow if you, the player, do nothing about it, meaning that it's 100% your fault.

There's not really much of an excuse any more, given that it takes something ridiculous like two weeks for one to go from full health to dead, assuming you never take care of it. That's a really long time.

Do my guns rust away when I don't use them for a week? Do my mods decay in power over the course of a day if I don't have them plugged into a gun? Do missions unlocked on the starchart close off again whenever i don't play them for a month?

You're right, it is 100% my fault I'd let a Kubrow die because I don't want to maintain its upkeep, but that's no argument for why it is a mechanic in a game where upkeep is not a central mechanic, nor is it additive to the game experience. It only forces me to either store the Kubrow until I'd want to use it, which limits gameplay options because of the wait time for thawing, or it forces me to use the credit sink to maintain it every so often, which is entirely unnecessary to begin with.

It has no right and no place in a game such as Warframe.

You don't always leave warframe when he's full health though

darn mutts needs to be in a kennel any way too much to keep them up than actually get decent protection without them going down and putting you in harms way when you have to revive them. spent too many creds just keeping the one I have around on stabilizer which his life bar is always in the red.

Do my guns rust away when I don't use them for a week? Do my mods decay in power over the course of a day if I don't have them plugged into a gun? Do missions unlocked on the starchart close off again whenever i don't play them for a month?

You're right, it is 100% my fault I'd let a Kubrow die because I don't want to maintain its upkeep, but that's no argument for why it is a mechanic in a game where upkeep is not a central mechanic, nor is it additive to the game experience. It only forces me to either store the Kubrow until I'd want to use it, which limits gameplay options because of the wait time for thawing, or it forces me to use the credit sink to maintain it every so often, which is entirely unnecessary to begin with.

It has no right and no place in a game such as Warframe.

Keep in mind that that's your opinion and you;re making it sound like it's a fact

I dont use my kubro. never have.

I dont like the idea of it degrading at all, and mostly I see it as a money sink. I still like carrior with the bird stuffs anyhow.

It reminds me too much of pets in Vindictus, and why in both games I never used the ones I have. 

Would not mind a place I could put them in the Dojo or ship thats not a freezer but wouldnt tack upkeep and be abel to interact with them, but untill such a time, im not going to bother with it.

I prefer Kubrows over Sentinels anytime. Keeping them alive isn't a problem either since they become very tanky and hit hard. I do sometimes wish the possibility of permanent death was completely gone incase something happens to where i can't tend to my Kubrow. Or if DE slowed the DNA decay rate even further and made it take a full month for it to die permanently.

The part that you have to do more effort to have a kubrow makes sense. cause i feel like if you have a well modded kubrow against a well modded sentinel. kubrows are MUCH stronger. My kubrow has 850+- Slash and 4.2 Crit multiplier and that without even a reactor or forma's. Imagine how strong they would be if it would be fitted with that. 

I think Kubrow are pretty fantastic. Yeah sure I use my sentinels sometimes, but a lot of people forget what the doges can actually do. Their main attacks deal crazy damage, one-hitting and cutting in half high level targets. Their high damage and crits, when modded are awesome. People also don't consider that when your doge goes down you can just revive it. A sentinel dies, and then it's dead. The digging doges are basically walking restores that dig up whatever you need (Health, energy, ammo, etc.), the scary doges provide awesome CC while keeping your shields recharged, and the invisible doges are like shade with a 10 times bigger range, and pretty much no cooldown time. I do think Sunikas are pretty ineffective, but the rest of them are very powerful.

Kubrow are a lot more specialized than sentinels. Sure you can get a bit of CC with your wyrm, but if you want CC bring a scarydoge. If you want to get shield recharge it'll give you shield whenever you need it. Powering you up whenever it sees you need it. Instead of bringing a carrier with Vacuum, try bringing a digging doge. Instead of the thing scrounging around for stuff that you could just pick up yourself, the doge literally gives you whatever you need whether it is or isn't laying around already. Sneaky doge is literally just a better version of Shade.

As for the credit dump, honestly who cares. it's slightly more than 3k credits per day, and honestly I pick that out of lockers and pots while playing normal missions. If you can't afford 3k a day then you shouldn't have a kubrow yet. If credits are REALLY an issue for you, equip the Scavange mod, and then one room with lockers should be enough to keep funding your kubrow.