Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Lore Behind Barok T Finding A Noggle Of Himself In The Void?

Mak_Gohae

3 points for the question...

I think some of his stuff is made in special Corpus factories where they have Orokin resources. I mean, they nailed it a long time ago with these Fusion MOAs, and I'm sure that those are not the only things they make with Orokin tech.

Me on reddit:

"He is the reason the Sentients attacked! He tried to sell them that bobble head and they were so pissed that they decided to terminate all life in the system. Gladly the Orokin used the Tenno to stop them! But the Tenno were also pissed by Ki'Teers last deal and so they slaughtered the Orokin. So they went into Cryo sleep - only to be awakened by the Lotus. Two to three years after the first Tenno was awakend the balance in the system has heavily shifted. The Tenno were a large force again. And so Baro Ki'Teer rose from the dead only to deal with the Tenno... to sell them GOD DAMN BOBBLE HEAD OF HIM SELF!!! And that's also the reason why the Sentients are coming back!"

Personally, I think Baro is just a bootlegger who sells self-made Orokin knockoffs. Are we expected to believe the ancient Orokin fought with Gorgons and Detrons?

The catch is, his bootlegs are high quality. Even if none of it is authentic Orokin goods, the quality can occasionally be really good.

Edited by MechaKnight

If you read the description for the Prisma Gorgon you'll see that it's a regular Grineer Gorgon coated in Prisma Crystals. Something that you can only get from the Void.

Hence It's obvious that Baro's inventory is not only "Orokin" technology but also complementary tech that it augmented by rare materials found in the void.

Chances are his outfit also contains rare void-only materials and hence the little mascot is a sign of gratuitous opulence.

he rightfully assumed that those wannabe completionists that are the Tenno running around these days will buy anything, no matter what it is

he knows he couldnt of pulled off this crap back in the day, but with these newly awakened brains like oatmeal dudes shopping? all you can sheist buffet

Personally, I think Baro is just a bootlegger who sells self-made Orokin knockoffs. Are we expected to believe the ancient Orokin fought with Gorgons and Detrons?

The catch is, his bootlegs are high quality. Even if none of it is authentic Orokin goods, the quality can occasionally be really good.

Well, with the first Simaris lore drop, the Grineer were made into soliders by the Orokin to fight the Sentients. They may have well had Prisma Gorgons back then.

Dunno if you're serious or not but this sounds hilarious.

Now that you mention it, though...

Yeah, man, check the levels out. There are these huge boxes, there are some sort carpet rolls in some ares.

And back in the day they even had sofas. The towers are totally shopping malls.