Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranking Best Looking Warframes In Order?

thehotsung8701A

As a beginner to Warframe, Volt is a solid and fun frame to play even though he could use some tweaking to his base movement speed, speed distortion, and overload.   While he fun to play, he is not the best nor worst looking frame in the game and as such I came up with a list of my top favorite best looking frame.  I would like to add that Volt only has 2 alternative helmets and his pulse helmet is extremely ugly.   This list does not include primes, cosmetics, colors, nor skins, but just each frame default anethestic. 

These are my favorite looking frames after viewing each frames multiple times in different angle.  Let me know if you agree or disagree with my list.  Starting at #1 as the best looking frame in the game.

1.   Oberon

2.   Chroma

3.   Nekros

4.   Saryn

5.   Zephyr

6.   Banshee

7.   Valkyr

8.   Hydroid

9.   Mirage

10. Mesa

11. Loki

12. Vauban

13. Trinity

14. Rhino

15. Ember

16. Ash

17. Volt

18. Nyx

19. Excalibur

20. Frost

21. Limbo

22. Mag

23. Nova

Remember this rating is only for each frames default look. 

Edited by thehotsung8701A

I don't understand why Volt is bolded and underlined and discussed at some length in your post?

How is that relevant when he placed so low in your list?

Ember with Dual Pistols and Noble Stance. Put her in 1st, NAO!

She lost her place when Saryn became capable of using that animations set.

I don't understand why Volt is bolded and underlined and discussed at some length in your post?

How is that relevant when he placed so low in your list?

She lost her place when Saryn became capable of using that animations set.

Volt is bold and underlined to show that I find him a very below average looking frame.  He is my first and only frame I have right now and I'm 2 level away from max ranking him and farming for other cooler looking frames.  Volt will still be use for void mission as his shield is amazing.  So I bold Volt on the list to show why I'm moving on from him because he just plain looking.  Doesn't even look like a electricity frame at all. 

Edited by thehotsung8701A

Volt is bold and underlined to show that I find him a very below average looking frame.  He is my first and only frame I have right now and I'm 2 level away from max ranking him and farming for other cooler looking frames.  Volt will still be use for void mission as his shield is amazing.  So I bold Volt on the list to show why I'm moving on from him because he just plain looking.  Doesn't even look like a electricity frame at all. 

Haha, that's harsh, but to each their own. Once you start getting more frames, you probably won't even use him for Void :P

Lol. Hydroid no.8?

I can't really decide on my personal #1 but I know who is on the bottom of the barrel for me....Hydroid.

I find Hydroid design very appealing.  He a pirate ninja frame that looks the part.   I see his design at least in the upper echelon of warframe.  Why is it that you guys find him unappealing? 

I can never spell that word anethestic (spell wrong), always have to spell check.  Really hate that word. 

Haha, that's harsh, but to each their own. Once you start getting more frames, you probably won't even use him for Void :P

Capture spamming is much more convenient with a speed volt.

Just to 1-2-3 this:

Oberon

Chroma (with the TRUE LIZARD FACE HELMET, his REAL helmet o3o)

Mesa

Edited by DiosGX

Your absolutely right.  He is a good frame to learn combats and mechanics in this game.  Even though I know Loki is so much harder for beginner due to his lack of offensivie ability, I was pretty disappointed that I joined when Loki was taken off.  Loki look like Raiden from Mortal Kombat, that just awesome especially for a beginner frame.  Beside #Lokimasterrace 

I find Hydroid design very appealing.  He a pirate ninja frame that looks the part.   I see his design at least in the upper echelon of warframe.  Why is it that you guys find him unappealing? 

That's the reason why. He looks the part. I tend to like the older frames as far as looks because they aren't as obvious as to their themes or what they are based off of. They tend to be more sleek and simple, yet detailed enough to drop hints as to what they based off of.

Let me know if you agree or disagree with my list.  Starting at #1 as the best looking frame in the game.

1.   Oberon

2.   Chroma

23. Nova

And strangely, I'd put Oberon and Chroma as two of the worst looking, and Nova as one of the best. It's amazing how individual preferences can differ so much.

EDIT: Forgot that my Nova uses the Immortal skin which looks amazing on her. Some skins can change individual perceptions of a given frames looks a lot.

Edited by Kihana

Hes got electricity that pulses around him time to time but other then that yeah. His default helm sorta reminds me of a chameleon... or a squid...

And strangely, I'd put Oberon and Chroma as two of the worst looking, and Nova as one of the best. It's amazing how individual preferences can differ so much.

I like Oberon cause he look like a warden/druid/warlock from a typical mmorpg.  His default color scheme is just absolutely perfect especially when you can't get true white color without plats.  As for Nova, I find her to be very lacking.  Like if I imagine all warframes as NPC, Oberon and Banshee would fit that role whereas Nova would be seen more of a soldier than a leader, if that sort of make sense?  This is how I view Volt as well.  HIs frame look like that off a soldier. 

For me with non-primes, 

1. Chroma

2. Neckros

3. Nova

4. Mirage

5. Hydroid

6. Mesa

7. Oberon

8. Zelphyr

9. Valykr

10. Nyx

11. Volt

12. Ash

13...................................................................... at this point, any other frame is 13+

Edited by Darealslenderman

#1. Limbo.

#2. All other frames.

Hard to argue with that hat.

Beside my ranking of him.  He probably the last frame I'll ever use mainly because his skills are too similar to each other, and his animation is lacking.  He need a re-work.  I'm not sure where he stand in some imaginary tier list out there, but I just never seen anyone play as him.

i'm sure Saryn can help you with that anesthetic you're looking for.

;)

and that's my quota for terrible jokes for the day.

Edit:

his skills are too similar to each other

his Abilities have Synergy. they work together.

a few others can attest to being fortunate enough to having Abilities that have Synergy.

Edited by taiiat