The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The De Team ("x"coin Mining For Plat)

Skitzotech

Hello guys I am a player of many online games and i run a very small youtube channel called Skitzotech Gaming (shameless plug lol) But I have an issue that seems like it can be helped a small bit by the implementation of "mining" software. You see I live in a third world country so money is something that must be sipped frugally, so splurging on games is a rare occurrence... thus the free to play games that I own.

Now I don't know about the workings of programming and limitations in thereof, nor the legal limitations that such an endeavor may have (with each part of the world having their own, different rule sets concerning specific things and your game being accessible to... basically the entire world) But Is it possible that you guys can make a small "bit coil" mining software that can be enabled/disabled so when you open the game it uses maybe 10% of your system resources to mine for "bitcoins" for you. This can be monitored by you guys and each week according to how long this program was running and how much coin was mined we can receive "x" amount of platinum.

*THIS IS AN EXAMPLE WITH NUMBERS THROWN IN OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD* Lets say each week the average player has the game open for 2 hours, there are 1,000,000 players that play this game. So for 2 hours a week you guys can have 1,000,000 PCs mining.

Once again I have no idea what kind of profits if any can be made by suck an implementation... but I'm just throwing out an idea to not only give the less fortunate members of the warframe community the ability to have shiny things as well, but to also give back to the people who have given us this awesome game and continue to keep making it better and better.

In closing I would click a button that says "enable mining" in the warframe launcher. and give up 10% performance in the game in order to get some platinum in game as well as give back to the developers.

This is just me throwing out something that was bouncing around in my head thank you for your time if you do see this.

your split personality gamer

Skitzotech. <3

As you progress in the game, you will find that there is a very healthy trading community with which you can acquire platinum. I was pretty amazed at this myself and to be honest don't need to spend my own money anymore as  I can acquire plat through trading alone. But not being in a 3rd world country I still buy plat to support the devs now and then. Gotta make sure they keep those noggles coming!

As you progress in the game, you will find that there is a very healthy trading community with which you can acquire platinum

This.  I'm sorry that OP has such a tight budget, but the game already has a mechanism where you can trade your time for other people's money by selling them rare items.

Like others have said, you can generate platinum for yourself by playing and trading.  Specifically:

Run any void mission, and sell the prime parts you gather.  Or turn them into Duck Cookies and buy Void Trader stuff to sell for plat.  In either case, if you're just looking to liquidate things into plat, I'd recomend you, and possibly some friends, trun on a Void survival or defense mission regualrly, as those seem to be the most effecient in terms of time spent to income. 

Alternatively, I can assure you that you have a number of mods that someone out there would buy.  Things that are difficult to find reliably, like stance mods, and things that get burnt up, like rare fusion cores, are traded very regularly. 

where did the "shady business decisions" that people keep referring to come from? I don't believe that I have ever said that they should sneak it in and have it on, hidden from sight. I said let there be a large option on the launcher that is OFF by default and once turned on it tells you exactly what it does.

I will agree though that it does sound like quite a lot of work to implement... Ah well was just a little idea that i threw out without too much thought... they cant all be winners rite? lol

I dont agree on the concept, however i do think the potatoes need a more pleasant way to aquire them.

Yes you would get a gift from the lotus, that being Catalyst and reactor Blueprints or buying it already cooked for 20 plats.

Getting them via a quest  or mission that could be replayable but crafting the ''key for this event'' would require a lot of credits and a very healthy ( or toxic) ammount of various materials topped off with the time to craft the key and maybe craft the blueprint.

That way you can aquire potatoes for ''free'' but would require so much more work to get them. Those who spend money will get them right away but those like the OP who cant spend money on the game still can upgrade their items but at a much slower rate.

That way you can aquire potatoes for ''free'' but would require so much more work to get them. Those who spend money will get them right away but those like the OP who cant spend money on the game still can upgrade their items but at a much slower rate.

That already exist, its called trading

Bit coin mining is a complex algorithm calcuation that requires an intense and high amount of computation calculations and power.

Warframe in of itself eats up a fair bit of cpu and gpu processing, and to even have a chance to succssfully farm ONE bit coin would require 100% of all gpu resources.

So unless you want to risk frying your hard earned cpu and gpu, bit coin farming is a bad idea, especially when sharing limited resources within a computer.

The warframe trading market is rich to where one can obtain all the plat they need without ever needing to purchase any plat.

p.s.

The last company to do something like that, did it without players consent, and it resulted in alot of people having their gpus fry, causing the company to be fined 1 million dollars.

Bad idea is BAD IDEA.

Edited by kitsu