The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pipes Rendering Looks Awesome

BoskiSmok

Yeah, they look awesome, but DE should add little scratches on it. :p

Also : is anyone else shocked by the fact that pipes are better rendered than some frames/weapons?!

It isn't too surprising. These would probably be being overhauled by the environment team to fit with the new assets for the water tileset, since most of the Grineer tilesets share platforms and such. The weapons and frames are all being adapted by someone in a different team.

It isn't too surprising. These would probably be being overhauled by the environment team to fit with the new assets for the water tileset, since most of the Grineer tilesets share platforms and such. The weapons and frames are all being adapted by someone in a different team.

I hope so, we don't like lazy devs here...

We're watching,DE, we're watching...

mj-watch-out-o.gif

yeah, the new piping and other metal bits in Grineer Tiles looks beautiful.

'too clean for Grineer'? well, i suppose that's possible. all of the piping assets are probably from the same few assets - so perhaps when there's time, more assets to have a mixture of 'brand new' 'partially dirty' and 'rusted to s...' can be added so that pipes can look appropriate to their location.

i also recommend looking at the 'lava/magma pits' in some of the Grineer tiles as well. that warm glow really gives life to the atmosphere and brings it alive.

They're soo shiny 0_0....

I kind of hope they make different types of piping, some shiny, some dull (so like metallic steel, painted steel, plastic, etc.), and maybe put some faction stickers on them. I used to work maintainance at a factory and not all pipes are shiny like this.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

For Grineer its kinda too much bling...I expected them to be dusty and dirty...with oil stains here and there.... Also PBR is not about bling. Its physics based rendering for MANY textures (Like stone, wood , skin....such things.). DE just started with metal ones coz everything is mostly metal in WF.