Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laziness In The Community.

FATEdPondera

So, I just tried to get a T4 survival group together so I could get the Loki Prime Helmet for the Arbiters of Hexis, and...are we really at a point in this game where we cannot function without exploiting some part of it? The first question asked was "we gonna camp?". I honestly didn't care. I've done a LOT of T4 runs and carried a few myself. They're not really that hard if you're properly modded and prepared, and I just wanted the part, enjoying myself a bit in the process.

First thing the idiots who have tagged along do is search for the sewers room. I know this room. A few weeks ago, I was playing a Volt, and projecting elec shields so a pilfering swarm hydroid could churn out life support capsules and a Mag could use a macro to keep casting greedy pull and WALK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. Obviously, the AFK timer ruined his plans, but I won't lie. This was just disgusting... I left after the 2nd time that this idiot got his energy regen cancelled and blamed us for it.

So, continuing with my story of the current day. The sewer room didn't spawn, but we did find a storage room with no way in behind us, setting us for a decent choke point. However, this just wasn't good enough for the pampereds following me around. They then started nagging at me to restart the key.... no fighting, just telling me to restart.

What is WRONG with some people?! Can you not just play the game? I mean, there's a reason I was playing a Zephyr. I enjoy moving around instead of just gunning down enemies. If there isn't a camping spot, what is wrong with just making the best of the situation and still trying to claim some rewards? Get into a fight! Take some risks! If your day job and warframe feels the same, you're doing something wrong.

....best part is that one of them told me to find a tutorial on how to play the game, and then immediately ignored me. So, he was lazy AND a coward. I hope he sees this.

And if he does, I reiterate my final words. YOU. SUCK.

What is WRONG with some people?! Can you not just play the game? 

Is camping not playing the game?

I consider it a way to play the game.

Let people play how they want.

Edit: If you are so disgusted with your teammates, bring some castanas. Stick some to your teammates, self radiation proc yourself with a laser, and detonate the castanas. Boom, there goes your teammates.

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

If you are the one hosting and dont want to camp make sure you say it in chat before starting the mission.

Didn't think they'd DEMAND I abort the mission if they didn't find a room they'd like.

I don't see this thread lasting long.

Why not? I mean... the first part of my story, with the mag getting stopped by the afk timer, that means DE's current strategy to stop this kind of thing is working.

well...you said it's a t4 SURVIVAL 

can you tell me how to play survival? I mean, it's called 'survival' for a reason right? in life, you need to do anything to survival, kill your brother, back stab your friend, join your enemy.....etc

so my point is there's no way to play a survival mission, you can camp, you can keep moving, you can do whatever the hell you want to do, and you can't blame the community, after so must frustration of the grind wall and not getting what they want, how can you not be a little lazy??? I mean no one can't be after weeks or months of farming

to me, this isn't exploit, not the INT camping was a bit of an exploit, cos in an INT game, you need to cap and hold towers, no stay at one place

again, this hate isn't justified to me  

So, I just tried to get a T4 survival group together so I could get the Loki Prime Helmet for the Arbiters of Hexis, and...are we really at a point in this game where we cannot function without exploiting some part of it? The first question asked was "we gonna camp?". I honestly didn't care. I've done a LOT of T4 runs and carried a few myself. They're not really that hard if you're properly modded and prepared, and I just wanted the part, enjoying myself a bit in the process.

First thing the idiots who have tagged along do is search for the sewers room. I know this room. A few weeks ago, I was playing a Volt, and projecting elec shields so a pilfering swarm hydroid could churn out life support capsules and a Mag could use a macro to keep casting greedy pull and WALK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. Obviously, the AFK timer ruined his plans, but I won't lie. This was just disgusting... I left after the 2nd time that this idiot got his energy regen cancelled and blamed us for it.

So, continuing with my story of the current day. The sewer room didn't spawn, but we did find a storage room with no way in behind us, setting us for a decent choke point. However, this just wasn't good enough for the pampereds following me around. They then started nagging at me to restart the key.... no fighting, just telling me to restart.

What is WRONG with some people?! Can you not just play the game? I mean, there's a reason I was playing a Zephyr. I enjoy moving around instead of just gunning down enemies. If there isn't a camping spot, what is wrong with just making the best of the situation and still trying to claim some rewards? Get into a fight! Take some risks! If your day job and warframe feels the same, you're doing something wrong.

....best part is that one of them told me to find a tutorial on how to play the game, and then immediately ignored me. So, he was lazy AND a coward. I hope he sees this.

And if he does, I reiterate my final words. YOU. SUCK.

What can people say? PUGs, live with em or die with em. If things go awry, people behave like imbeciles or not to your liking and it is your key, abandon mission, dissolve group, try again later.

Or use Loki and solo for as long as you desire. Probably more fruitful than trying it with PUGs and unnecessarily heighten your blood pressure.

My 2 cents. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

People doing camp runs, are doing it mostly because they are LAZY!

Seriously I did all my runs for farming volt prime by myself, soloing it. I did over 25+ runs of T1 survival to get the systems, and how did I tried to "entertain" myself out of all that boring RNG same over-and over hitting a brick wall? I changed Loadouts, used Valkyr for the first time after hitting 30 with her, used Zephyr, tried out some weapons that I never used.

Camping is so boring beyond everything, not only that I have S#&$ty laggy internet with a terrible upload speeds, but you just don't do anything.

I tried to run E-gate once as a nekros, used my mouse software to repeat key nr3 and left to grab something to eat. After I got back, oh look same thing is going on and you get bored.

In a game where is heavily focused on grinding you HAVE to have some variation, otherwise I would quit Warframe long time ago.

I don't see this thread lasting long.

Yepppp. All we can do is "enjoy" it as long as it lasts....okay...there really isn't a lot to enjoy....mhhh... forget the enjoy part try to convince op that every Tenno has his/hers own playstyle.

Oh and a hint for future missions with randoms:

You play a mission with people you never saw. People you don't know.

Never expect things working out as you thought they would.

A random match is very often not perfect. Problems will occur in longer missions. Since every player plays the game how he/she wants....some want to play "boring" and "camp" so they can be more efficient in a way...and some want to move around and use the action and abilities more aggressive (and basically DO things...I like doing things :3 ....)

I personally don't like to camp a lot because I consider camping a part of farming things in Warframe. And farming things in Warframe just takes a lot of time (and not the same amount of fun if you don't want to spent a lot of time)

If I want to last really really long in a T4 survival, I will use the typical Weapons and Warframes....because I can farm and survive better in this mission type.

If I want to have fun I play with clan/ally-Tenno, or Solo, or with new players and try to teach them that they should play Warframe the way they want, but that some things can be.....well..can make things "easier"

So yea, sorry for your experience, but calm down and never forget:

Things like that happen.

edit:

YES, a lot of Tenno are "lazy".  YES, a lot of Tenno are camping!

Some only want to survive for a long time, without having "fun" (<-- every person define "fun" different) so they can farm things. That can be bad, but it is not really a new recent thing .... that is kinda sad...

Sure, with the right people and coordination, every mission can be fun.

But since efficient farming is important for some Tenno, I can understand if they want to use exploits, glitches, camping methods so they can get more things in less time.

....yeaaa...it's not only the "fault" of the players, some mission-types might -in my opinion- want that Tenno play more stationary. (defense, Survival,....)

editedit:

Calling people lazy and basically say that they play the game "wrong" .... not a good idea in my opinion.

I can see your point and you are allowed to play the way you want to play too (with no doubt)

....yeaa....grinding with randoms can be a pain.

Edited by Fabpsi

I more or less agree.

I have nothing against camping (its a legit strategy to a point) but the community is getting worse and worse recently.

Its kind of funny in a depressing sort of way.

The laziness, rudeness, and entitlement is skyrocketing.

The playerbase is doing their absolute best to find grind and make themselves hate the game.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I agree so much with this OP you don't even know. I can't stand all of the exploits and boring cheap tactics, like recently I tried E-gate to see what all the noise was about.... After a minute I was so bored and wanted to just flail away. 

THANK YOU.  I mean, the exploits and such ARE boring, and I guess if people want to do that, they can. But...

Let people play how they want.

Does that not also extend to me? Especially since it's MY key? I mean, I hope I'm not sounding entitled here, but come on, they're demanding I play the way THEY want. If I don't surrender to their demands, I'm a terrible person and I don't know how to play the game.

Edited by FATEdPondera

Does that not also extend to me? Especially since it's MY key? I mean, I hope I'm not sounding entitled here, but come on, they're demanding I play the way THEY want. If I don't surrender to their demands, I'm a terrible person and I don't know how to play the game.

If you have the key, and your teammates do not obey you...

bring some castanas. Stick some to your teammates, self radiation proc yourself with a laser, and detonate the castanas. Boom, there goes your teammates.

THANK YOU.  I mean, the exploits and such ARE boring, and I guess if people want to do that, they can. But...

Maybe it doesnt apply to you, or me....  See if their camping tactics dont work out for them, we are then asking them to actually use some kind of skill and survive the old fashion way. Those type of people 80% of the time are not capable of making it past 20 in the first place.

They are demanding you play THEIR way, because they are incapable of playing YOUR way.

Shameless plug, link to my clan in my profile if you want people who actually can blow past 40+ without camping or a nekros.

Edited by Faulcun