Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Than Just A Weapon

BurntMyWater

Hmm...

When it comes to Primaries, I think my top two are the Grinlok and the Sybaris. These things just...they're solid. Latron Wraith is my go to Spy gun though, with Hush installed.

Secondaries, Akmagnus and Akjagara. Akmagnus just work whatever. Always reliable. Akjagara were the progression from my old Akbolto, now finally, finally able to be a status using weapon. I greatly desire to acquire the Sicarus Prime however. Patience...patience...

Melee, technically anything that is comfortable enough to use that I can just throw myself at the enemy and surrender to the carnage is good, but Serro, Dark Sword, Kronen, Galatine (Rending Crane thanks) and the Dual Heat Swords especially. With these, I can just go, throw myself at hordes of enemies in a survival Solo. Doesn't matter how long or what, it's just a case of needing something to try and make me feel better.

Failing that, these weapons at least make me able to go as long as I need to go to stop thinking about stuff.

Apologies for going on, as always.

My Dragon Nikana.

I grew up obsessed with medieval weapons and warriors. Among my favourites were Katanas and all things Samurai related.

Due to this my Nikana holds the most special place in my heart no matter how much I use my Tipedo. When that thing came out I mastery ground to MR8 from about MR4 in a week or so and burnt myself out, that's how much I wanted that thing. To this day my Nikana is the only weapon I've farmed melee stances like crazy for and when Excal gets reworked you can sure as hell find me running Sword Alone with it very regularly.

I mean I just made a regular Nikana again to complete my set since my first one had to be sacrificed to ascend to its draconic glory so you can probably see the depth of my love for that thing.

Now all that remains is to duel Teshin for his beautiful blades.

My Dragon Nikana.

I grew up obsessed with medieval weapons and warriors. Among my favourites were Katanas and all things Samurai related.

Due to this my Nikana holds the most special place in my heart no matter how much I use my Tipedo. When that thing came out I mastery ground to MR8 from about MR4 in a week or so and burnt myself out, that's how much I wanted that thing. To this day my Nikana is the only weapon I've farmed melee stances like crazy for and when Excal gets reworked you can sure as hell find me running Sword Alone with it very regularly.

I mean I just made a regular Nikana again to complete my set since my first one had to be sacrificed to ascend to its draconic glory so you can probably see the depth of my love for that thing.

Now all that remains is to duel Teshin for his beautiful blades.

I think the energy sword attack will be a stance also !

Jat Kittag

This. the jet powered hammer of truth, love, and ragdolling literally everyone in range. crushing ruin's shattered village just makes me happy! as for other weapons, drakgoon for primary, gotta love a good flakk cannon, and twin gremlins or my magnus. both are just so fun!

I have a few weapons that have a truly special place in my heart:

- Orthos Prime, my first prime ever. Its legacy continues through the Tonbo.

- Kronen. Those bad boys got me through all kind of things and i still use them to this day.

- Dakra Prime. This beauty is my gal Nyx's weapon and this makes it special regardless.

- Paris/Latron Prime. Those weapons were the ones i got the earliest and the ones i kept longer, i still have them, i still use them. Beauties both of them.

Way back when I first started, the first melee weapon (after Skana) I got was the Pangolian Sword, which I've always viewed as a special type of weapon for some reason.

Also the Akbolto were incredibly powerful when I first joined (also difficult to build comparatively), so I always revered them as marking someone's patience and determination.

Not that I use either of these weapons often, it's just my $0.02

i got tons of potatoed mellee weapons

i must say scindo prime with crit and berserker really does well among all others with tempo royale, critical and speed with its sheer atk

is a gamechanger

the kogake surprised me, the attack speed and criticals are too good, it outpassed my fang on speed and destruction power

the tonbo/orthos does pretty well with its range speed and attack

dragon nikana does very well, but its below all my mentioned weapons, it would be nicer if it has a more long range consecutive 2 hit stance animation, the recent stance for it that changes the quickmellee just isnt good because of the range

d.e. should release MORE unique stances that ALTERS the quick mellee (e.g. tempo royale, astral twilight)

All of my staves I built the Bo back in melee 1.0 and forma'd it enough to be viable. I loved it's ubsurd ragdoll and eventually got bo prime. My original bo lives on as a 5star tipedo.

Also my scindo (not prime) I love all its skins and I used it to get my rift sigil in the hardest mission I had played at the time.

Edited by RoboticApplesWithLasers

Fang Prime. When I first tried Fang way back when I instantly fell in love it with, it was the first (and only) weapon that could be effectively used without charging.

When Fang Prime came out they were even better and has been my default melee weapon on every mission since then.