May 15Th: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

I'm not sure if this is a hot topic, but will we see an ankyros re-visit and re-balancing due to how it holds up versus other melee weapons due to it's cost? just seems stuck in obscurity by most players, there for deemed as "awful" and forgotten.

Rebecca, can you please add the Roller issue and the Underclocking issue to the hot list? I can think of no larger topics in the feedback forum than these!

I did not include it because it's already been addressed by the Dev team and until they are done with Update 8, it's unlikely to see any responses with substance.

So is the reset getting pushed back (again) with update 8?

It should be here Friday.

So what about the opt reset will it be released with 8 ? or should we expect it somewhere in between Trapper / 8 ?

Also how about them pink shorts ?

Again, should be here Friday!

2. Vauban, the Engineer Frame, coming soon! 

Not wanting to relive the Glaive experience, we’d like to inform the community about the Engineer Warframe and just how you will obtain him! Starting on Friday, a new Tenno joins the ranks! The Engineer frame! How? By Platinum or through the purchase of a Blueprint whose parts can be found via “?” Alerts. BEFORE YOU CRY FOUL: these Alerts will not be as rare as Catalyst/Reactors. Banshee herself follows a similar acquisition, as her parts need to be found over time.

Also Relevant: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45023-update-8-coming-soon-vauban-coming-sooner/page-6#entry449937

Will the Warframe Nexus be updated to include an option to alert for Vauban Blueprints at the same time Vauban is released?

It seems the Alert Reward system complaints are never topic of the hot topics.

I have to say that the little comment form the devs during livestream #5 was quite disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that they say they would like to improve it but I would like to see them improving it soon™, like U8.1 soon. If this is actually the case, please let us know because Im feeling a little bit let down in this case.

The alert reward system is really important since its the only way to obtain platin exclusive items / special BP's. But I have pointed his out many times (probably too many times).

I WILL call damn Foul because NOTHING is not rare in that Alert RNG, you just find a rather large group of stuff you really don't want, but almost NEVER something you specifically need, no matter WHAT is it you want, being Rifle Scavenger or Enemy Radar. So yeah, you just increased this rarity thrice, so yeah, Foul!

I WILL call damn Foul because NOTHING is not rare in that Alert RNG, you just find a rather large group of stuff you really don't want, but almost NEVER something you specifically need, no matter WHAT is it you want, being Rifle Scavenger or Enemy Radar. So yeah, you just increased this rarity thrice, so yeah, Foul!

Unless they have a separate roll for these.  You wouldn't know, as you haven't coded it, nor has it been released yet.

Feel free to cry foul when we see how it works.

Some Hot Topics for everyone!

1.Where Is Update 8?

We said last Wednesday May 8th it was Less than Two weeks away. As of today (May 14th), it is now less than two week away. We want it to be awesome, so we will be working on it a few days more before releasing it.

Thanks for the updates! I think you made a typo though. You said, "it is now less than two week away." I think you mean it is either ONE week away, or two weekS away (makes more sense that you meant to say ONE week though). Just asking you to clarify and fix your text or more people will QQ.

Edited by gell

Unless they have a separate roll for these.  You wouldn't know, as you haven't coded it, nor has it been released yet.

Feel free to cry foul when we see how it works.

Humm... I agree, too soon to tell. I take back my foul... This does have "wrong" written all over it, though.

I did not include it because it's already been addressed by the Dev team and until they are done with Update 8, it's unlikely to see any responses with substance.

Ah, okay.  Can you tell us if they're considering the community response to what the dev team proposed in the last livestream? The community lost a lot of faith in the development team from that one.

Thanks again!

I am crying tears of joy at all of these.

When I first heard new frame was alert only I thought you meant in the same way the glaive was alert only!
Now that I know its the same as banshee I'm super stoked :D  (grinding is good! RNG with weird timezones is BAD!)

Point 3 makes me SUPER happy as well!

Actually - all of it makes me happy! Dx

Thank you ! <3

When I first heard new frame was alert only I thought you meant in the same way the glaive was alert only!

Now that I know its the same as banshee I'm super stoked :D  (grinding is good! RNG with weird timezones is BAD!)

???

it is just like glaive was, exactly the same.

???

it is just like glaive was, exactly the same.

Not exactly. You need 3 blueprints via Alerts now instead of just 1. Which I'm sure will induce more rage from some of the community when they keep missing that one piece they need to build him, just as they do with the Banshee blueprints. But even so, I'm happy for anything DE puts in the game that's free to get whether it's in the alert system or not. I understand there's people who must have everything as soon as it's released, but at the same time they don't want to pay for it. Those are typically the ones who rage most on the forums. However, it also decreases the longevity of the game for them. Having everything immediately at this point in the early stages of development reduces the need/want to play further since you've technically "accomplished everything" the game has to offer at this stage until the next update is released. Adding things in to the Alert system extends the life of the game for the free to play players, since we're always on the lookout for those things we need/want since we don't/can't pay for them. We may not get them immediately, and it may take a month, or even 2, but we'll get it eventually. You can't expect a company such as DE to change their entire system just because some of the community is impatient.

FYI: When I say "You" I mean it in a general sense. Not directed at you directly fauxhb. :) 

Edited by ZKAT8IT

7.The Dojo! 1v1 Duels! PVP?

No, no Tenno. The Dueling Room in the upcoming Dojos is for 1v1 spars between clan members, a friendly duel. If a clan feels up to it, they can impose their own rules (i.e no powers, melee only!) , we will not be balancing any PvE elements of the game for this.

And so it begins....why can't PvE games be strictly PvE ever? More often then not PvP ruins PvE based games...Firefall was a huge disappointment to me after they ruined all the battleframes so PvP would be "balanced." Not going to lie, this PvP thing has me worried.  I really don't want to lose another one of my favorite games due to PvP...

And so it begins....why can't PvE games be strictly PvE ever? More often then not PvP ruins PvE based games...Firefall was a huge disappointment to me after they ruined all the battleframes so PvP would be "balanced." Not going to lie, this PvP thing has me worried.  I really don't want to lose another one of my favorite games due to PvP...

So what begins? The PVP will be completely consensual between clan members. They said during the live stream that they will not make balance changes based on PVP behavior. That wasn't a "maybe," it was a hard "no, we are not going to do that." Did you even read what you quoted? Rebecca reiterated that point.

What is there to worry about? It's a good solution. People who want some form of PvP are getting it, and those who don't want anything to do with it will not be effected by it in anyway. I've wanted a PvP element, but I also respect the the opinions of people who only want PvE. The Dojo is the perfect compromise.

Edited by Charismo

So what begins? The PVP will be completely consensual between clan members. They said during the live stream that they will not make balance changes based on PVP behavior. That wasn't a "maybe," it was a hard "no, we are not going to do that." Did you even read what you quoted?

Lol, should be fun. Saryn Vs Saryn.. First one to use Miasma wins! xD

So what begins? The PVP will be completely consensual between clan members. They said during the live stream that they will not make balance changes based on PVP behavior. That wasn't a "maybe," it was a hard "no, we are not going to do that." Did you even read what you quoted?

Yes I did read what I quoted. The Dev team of Firefall stated there would be no PvP balances that affect PvE, yet they still did it. Just because they say they won't, doesn't mean they won't go back on their word. I'm just saying that the PvP introduction could very much bring out a lot of people complaining about OP this and OP that, which in term could very well end in unnecessary nerfs, reworks, etc. This is why it somewhat worries me. In my experiences, PvP being introduced in PvE based games tend to ruin the PvE experience.

Yes I did read what I quoted. The Dev team of Firefall stated there would be no PvP balances that affect PvE, yet they still did it. Just because they say they won't, doesn't mean they won't go back on their word. I'm just saying that the PvP introduction could very much bring out a lot of people complaining about OP this and OP that, which in term could very well end in unnecessary nerfs, reworks, etc. This is why it somewhat worries me. In my experiences, PvP being introduced in PvE based games tend to ruin the PvE experience.

So, you blame DE in advance even when they have been clear about the subject for a very long time.

We know that we'll have duel from livestream 3.

We know that they're not going to balance anything around duel.

This is an unjustified worry.

So, you blame DE in advance even when they have been clear about the subject for a very long time.

We know that we'll have duel from livestream 3.

We know that they're not going to balance anything around duel.

This is an unjustified worry.

Actually it is a justified worry. Again, just because they say they won't balance things because of PvP being introduced, doesn't mean they can't take that promise back. It is their game and in the long run they can do whatever they please. It really doesn't matter how long they have been promising. With it going to be a consensual duel set up, that may help. But that will not stop people getting overly frustrated and raging on the forums about how OP something is. I'm not saying this is what will happen, I am saying that I am worried at the chance that it may happen, no matter how small that chance is.