Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

Just a little thing to say:

You are all aware that Corpus Techs use the Supra, right?

And therefore that any buff to the Supra would have to be applied to the enemies, because they share the same stats.

Are you okay with that?

I mean, there's a reason why all those weapons used by enemies aren't that strong (Grakata, Ignis, Hind, Dera, Supra, Strun, etc...)

Cause we know what would happen if they got good weapons all of a sudden (Like getting 2 shot at close range by a Detron...)

I remember a long time ago when the Braton was buffed, and Grineer lancers (that used the Braton at the time) would just destroy you.

Just saying. It would make more sense to just lower the crafting requirements (both MR and crafting materials)

And then wait for some custom edition of the weapon (Prisma, Vandal, Wraith or whatever)

So what if corpus techs will do more dmg, we can handle that. Lowering the MR is the same as giving up, the whole point of wanting to buff the supra is too update it for dmg 2.0 since it never was. In dmg 1.0 it was beast

And therefore that any buff to the Supra would have to be applied to the enemies, because they share the same stats.

Are you okay with that?

Sir, are you handicapped in some way?

AI weapons and player weapons ARE NOT THE SAME THING, there's no shared stats between these two.

Player's Supra could OHK entire planet if DE decided to do so while Corpus' Supra could have 1DPS all the way up to lv9999.

Just a little thing to say:

Are you okay with that?

I mean, there's a reason why all those weapons used by enemies aren't that strong (Grakata, Ignis, Hind, Dera, Supra, Strun, etc...)

Cause we know what would happen if they got good weapons all of a sudden (Like getting 2 shot at close range by a Detron...)

I remember a long time ago when the Braton was buffed, and Grineer lancers (that used the Braton at the time) would just destroy you.

Just saying. It would make more sense to just lower the crafting requirements (both MR and crafting materials)

And then wait for some custom edition of the weapon (Prisma, Vandal, Wraith or whatever)

Not exactly.  Projectile speed and accuracy values of the Supra would affect how Techs perform against us, but damage, stat chance, and crit chance won't because those scale with level.

Edited by TenguBlade

Not exactly.  Projectile speed and accuracy values of the Supra would affect how Techs perform against us, but damage, stat chance, and crit chance won't because those scale with level.

Oh, and enemies have a completely different version of the weapon than we do.

They scale with level but based on the base stats of the weapon. 

Another example, Eviscerators and the Miter: high status chance and high slash damage. You know what happens when you get hit by a bleed proc...

It was nerfed afterwise ofc, just like the Lancer's braton in my previous example, but it's still pretty strong.

Anyway, it wouldn't make any sense to have a weapon be weaker for enemies just because they can use it, just like it doesn't make sense to have a weapon be stronger in the enemies hands (*coughOgriscough*).

That's called balance.

Edited by Thelonious

They scale with level but based on the base stats of the weapon. 

Another example, Eviscerators and the Miter: high status chance and high slash damage. You know what happens when you get hit by a bleed proc...

It was nerfed afterwise ofc, just like the Lancer's braton in my previous example, but it's still pretty strong.

Anyway, it wouldn't make any sense to have a weapon be weaker for enemies just because they can use it, just like it doesn't make sense to have a weapon be stronger in the enemies hands (*coughOgriscough*).

That's called balance.

Ogris is completely different in Bombard's hands than it is in ours.  Theirs has a homing effect but is way weaker damage-wise (Blast has no vulnerabilities or weaknesses against Alloy Armor, Flesh, or Shield).  Until high levels it doesn't do the 650 damage that the Tenno Ogris does.

Enemy weapons need to be weaker than ours at base level because their stats scale with level.  We have more flexibility in upgrades because of modding, but beyond a certain point (I use this term very generally) you can't eke any more damage out of a weapon, both per shot and in terms of DPS.  Enemy damage scaling technically goes to infinity.

Edited by TenguBlade

Ogris is completely different in Bombard's hands than it is in ours.  Theirs has a homing effect but is way weaker damage-wise (Blast has no vulnerabilities or weaknesses against Alloy Armor, Flesh, or Shield).  Until high levels it doesn't do the 650 damage that the Tenno Ogris does.

Enemy weapons need to be weaker than ours at base level because their stats scale with level.  We have more flexibility in upgrades because of modding, but beyond a certain point (I use this term very generally) you can't eke any more damage out of a weapon, both per shot and in terms of DPS.  Enemy damage scaling technically goes to infinity.

It doesn't change the fact that both Tennos and enemies scale from the same base stats of weapons.

Which is why everytime we get a damage buff on weapons enemies use too, forums get flooded with complaints like "X enemy deals tons of damage now, wtf!!".

A last example came back to me: the last Ignis buff (it's been a while) and Scorchers killing tennos in less than 2 seconds at close range.

"Scorchers OP, plz nerf DE"

Every. rucking. time. And you keep asking for those weapons to be buffed.

/facepalm.

I don't use the Supra, but I've seen you guys, especially Famory, trying so hard to get this weapon the buff it deserves for a long time now. You guys have been incredibly persistent, especially Famory, and I'm glad to see the persistence is finally going to pay off soon. I see people posting here that it's on Steve's radar now and something will be done! 

Congrats on your hard work guys! 

Because that group of no-ones is going to promptly shut up and be happy with their upgraded toy, just like Braton Prime users were happy about its buff. Myself included.

Inb4 I still use Braton Prime because using Soma (or anything God Tier for that matter) just gets boring. But having said this, playing on Nerf Gun tier is just a no go, because like God Tier, it's also no fun.

R.I.P:

Gorgon

Supra

Wraith Gogon

Prisma Gorgon

Inb4 I still use Braton Prime because using Soma (or anything God Tier for that matter) just gets boring. But having said this, playing on Nerf Gun tier is just a no go, because like God Tier, it's also no fun.

R.I.P:

Gorgon

Supra

Wraith Gogon

Prisma Gorgon

Prisma Gorgon's a lot higher tier than that.  It might not be god tier, but it's at least S Rank.

Apparently so.

He just knows how to actually build the Prisma Gorgon.

Seriously though, even though you ideally should max everything out and pour forma into the gun like Fait did in order to get the best DPS, it isn't hard to get very high damage outputs with a half-baked version or even variant (in my case, removing the Heavy Caliber and replacing it with another elemental mod) of this build.

Edited by TenguBlade

Everyone on the next dev stream should just spam #༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISESUPRA 2 0 1 5... I'm sure DE will get the message

I dont really watch the dev streams but if I see a billion people spamming that then boy am I going to buy popcorn and help with the spam lmao

Edit: We also cant forget about twitter.. ;)

Edited by DeathHeart64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...