Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion: Is Oberon In A Good Position?

izzatuw

"Oberon is useless"

"Oberon's a gimmick"

"He sux"

I'm gonna say no unless this discussion was about pre-buffed Oberon. But we are discussing post-buff Oberon which I fine in my opinion. Oberon is the radiation frame since all his abilities mainly do radiation and for those who don't know what radiation is, it'll cause enemies to stop buffing each other while they're radiated and fight each other.

I'm going to say that he is more of an infested immobile frame which will be significantly better than Trinity when doing infested missions.

Smite

It shoots out x amount of projectiles which has 100% chance to proc confusion/radiation. I like this because you can generally im this at any enemy and you'll have a good time. If you aim this at enemies like Arctic Eximus and Ancient Healers their's a small chance they can be buffing you while stopping the buff for the rest and if the case is Arctic or Arson they can hit or debuff the other enemies. So for a first I like it.

Hallowed Grounds

My personal favorite. Oberon lays a mat of anti proc of which is really ideal when fighting infested due to magnet, bleeding, fire, toxic procs which instantly get removed upon stepping on it. Enemies who step on it also gain radiation proc and since the majority of the infested are melee it also becomes ideal since you can spam it. Although you notice an disrupter slapping you and screen gets blurry you notice you still have the same amount of energy you originally had before getting slapped giving you a chance to get revenge. Also teammates who also just got bleed proc'd outside of the area can go back in and get healed.

Renewal

The only bad part about this ability is that it has a significant travel time so ideally you should keep your teammates close for a better affect. This also removes procs if after your teammates gets completely healed hence the name Renewal. This ability also is capable of delaying your teammates bleedout by x%.

Reckoning

For an ult it seems to be fine. The initial targets get lifted and get radiation proc'd, if the enemies who were lifted get killed they have an x% chance to spawn a health orb. The enemies nearby 2.5/3/3.5/4 will be blinded similar to Excalibur's Radial Blind.

Tl;dr

Oberon imo is far from useless and could use a buff here and their but is also far from the to-buff list and is a frame with his own unique-ness to him.

/discuss

He's much better than he was before, yet he still lacks a certain... something to tie him all together. And no, it's not the ability to lock down maps for hours on end. Though in Warframe's current meta, that's a part of it.

I think my biggest issue with him is that Renewal is so awkward to use. I'll copy/paste my view on it from another thread since I don't feel like coming up with an explanation all over again:

Renewal is a bizarre healing skill. I'm glad other people are baffled by its design. What it is:

- A slow projectile
- That drains energy while it's out and while it's healing
- That has a duration
- And that shuts off when whatever it's healing reaches full hp.

Oh, yeah, and it's toggleable for some reason too.

I understand how it works, but whenever I try to use it I just go "...why?"

Why can't Renewal just work like this:

- Sends out an orbs upon casting
- No energy drain
- No toggle
- Orb hits target, purges debuffs from targets after x seconds
- Orb continues healing target for the rest of its duration. If the target is at full health, the HoT still ticks until it expires. You know, like a normal Heal Over Time. Maybe it even provides bonus health that decays over time if the target is at full hp. Or an anti-proc shield that lasts for y seconds. Or a general damage reduction for that target.
- Ability retains the bleed out reduction. Was this trait ever fixed?

Just a thought.

It's just not very straightforward at the moment. This is because Oberon's buffs coincided with DE's fervor at the time to turn everything into a toggle ability.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

He's much better than he was before, yet he still lacks a certain... something to tie him all together. And no, it's not the ability to lock down maps for hours on end. Though in Warframe's current meta, that's a part of it.

I think my biggest issue with him is that Renewal is so awkward to use. I'll copy/paste my view on it from another thread since I don't feel like coming up with an explanation all over again:

It's just not very straightforward at the moment.

I like your suggestion but I'm still stating that he does not need a dire buff, he's pretty well balanced like Mesa. Pretty sure Excal, Ember, Frost (Avalanche) and Nekros are in a much needed buff though.

I like your suggestion but I'm still stating that he does not need a dire buff, he's pretty well balanced like Mesa. Pretty sure Excal, Ember, Frost (Avalanche) and Nekros are in a much needed buff though.

Oh, yeah, definitely. Oberon's a little plain, but I think that's fine for a frame that suits the battle cleric archetype.

he's my go-to warframe for grineer fights....those radiation procs are a ***** to them imao, he's such powerful warframe and I've always loved a jack or all 'abilities' kinda warframe 

I love everything about it, his looks (except his belly >_>), his abilities, his name (though u guys make fun of it)...etc 

I didn't really use him before they buffed him, but I'm sure he was great 

Oh, yeah, definitely. Oberon's a little plain, but I think that's fine for a frame that suits the battle cleric archetype.

When you say plain I say Valkyr but that's my imo

he's my go-to warframe for grineer fights....those radiation procs are a ***** to them imao, he's such powerful warframe and I've always loved a jack or all 'abilities' kinda warframe 

I love everything about it, his looks (except his belly >_>), his abilities, his name (though u guys make fun of it)...etc 

I didn't really use him before they buffed him, but I'm sure he was great

Nope. Check his profile vid, he was horrible.

I've been playing since the start of 2014, where I ended up leveling him up in his original form. Going back to him now, to say he's in a better place is an understatement. The current Oberon is quite fun to use, he's effective in high-level content, he's one of the single best damage buffers in the game with Smite Infusion, and he generally has a good loadout of abilities that cover many normal circumstances of a mission.

He could use a few tweaks possibly, but this is no different from many of the current Frames we have. He went from sub-par to able to hold his weird goat head high next to most of the cast and know he is good at what he does. Hopefully he gives DE Limbo's number and gets him checked into rehab, because there's a Frame who is falling apart currently.

As a oberon user i have to say he is fairly well balanced the only problem that i have is the particularly short duration of hollowed ground, it severely limits his ability to be a supportive frame, the heal is actualy a bit over powered in lower to mid game, however i find extreme amounts of potental for hollowed ground, on defence missions throwing down two hollowed grounds ontop of each other and watching the kill count rack up is a very nice feeling.ground slam is amazing its like rhino and trnity all in one

Oberon is a balanced frame and actualy he is more like a real paladin than a battle cleric. His abilities are nice and useful (ofc high lvl enemy) can vipe everything cuz bad scaling, but he have a very good amount of armor balanced hp/shield and energy level so if you use his ultimate and have equilibrium then you can almost do everything with him. The first ability is good with radiation proc and deal more damage than some other frames first skill the second is static but useful in defense missions the healing abilty is not instant but good enough to heal your dying mates.

The siphon not neccesary on him so you can try other builds with him. 

Also ember got some buff and her armor energy/hp/shield now much better than before and peoples still crying she is suks.

not to go against the grain, but i would say not really.

hallowed ground is mostly useless unless you are camping one spot and even then the damage is pretty bad. its nice for the immunity it offers, but that is about it.

renewal is ok, but at a certain point enemies are going to 1-shot you regardless and this is DE go-to method of providing 'challenge.'  i guess you could try to argue that the revive slow is still useful, but that is not going to be very often. 

reckoning loses half of its benefits once you cant kill things with it since you wont be getting the health orbs. its still somewhat useful for the radiation proc, but nyx or loki are going to do it better.

smite is a fairly decent #1. i wont really complain about it, except that the additional projectiles are way too slow. if they were sped up a great deal it would be a great #1.