Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Syndicate Weapons Do You Want?

Ironlixivium

I know the hype train for this left the station long ago, but I just thought I'd make a thread/poll sorta thing about what weapons I'd like to see for each syndicate. I'm not gonna throw around numbers, or buff ideas or anything, just the weapon names and a quick reason.

Steel Meridian:

karak; good weapon, logical

amphis; good weapon, logical

Arbiters of Hexis:

tigris; tenno made, could use the buff

orthos; tenno, honorable weapon(?)

cephalon suda:

preferably new cephalon weapons, otherwise:

opticor; seems close to gammacor by name

plasma sword; tbh idk what a cephalon would use, rather have cephalon melee

Perrin Sequence:

lanka; good weapon, perrin helpers use it

serro; tbh I'm bias towards it, I love the look and would like it to get a buff. It could use the buff too.

Red Veil:

paris/cernos; stealth weapon, not a 100% primary copy of ballistica

karyst; obvious, it's an assassin's dagger, for an assassin's syn

New Loka:

phage; fits organic theme

venka; just seems right to me

Please, tell me what you would want. Just names and reasons though please, I'd like this thread to be about which one gets buffed, not how much damage it should get.

Edited by Ironlixivium

We have entire greek alphabet to address with Cephalons' weapons.

I would like to see a Gammacor-like design in every other weapon category, they seem quite proficient at modifying it to fit different roles (e.g. Synthesis Scanner or Synoid Syandana).

Also, Vaykor Grinlok.

Any other ones you'd like to have? I was hoping to be able to know which weapon everyone would want for each syndicate.

Um let's see...

Arbiters (my other main):

Attica, because that's be sweet, and it matches the bolt theme of the bolto.

A skana or nikana would be my pick for a melee weapon. Seems more like the sidearm of aristocracy that way.

Steel Meridian:

Grakata, since it needs the buff and fits the soldier theme

Gram or magistar. A heavy weapon would mix it up.

New Loka:

A pile of puke for the nazi hippies

We have entire greek alphabet to address with Cephalons' weapons.

I would like to see a Gammacor-like design in every other weapon category, they seem quite proficient at modifying it to fit different roles (e.g. Synthesis Scanner or Synoid Syandana).

Also, Vaykor Grinlok.

Yeah, same here, We need ACTUAL cephalon weapons for cephalon suda to give us (yes, to anyone who didn't know, cephalon weapons =/= corpus weapons). but if we can't get that, then I'd like the opticor. Oh, yeah, I'd actually prefer if a primary cephalon weapon wouldn't use the same element, I want to see something new, not the same model on yet another in game item. o.0

Also, then it would just be the primary version of the vaykor marelok, :/

I know the hype train for this left the station long ago, but I just thought I'd make a thread/poll sorta thing about what weapons I'd like to see for each syndicate. I'm not gonna throw around numbers, or buff ideas or anything, just the weapon names and a quick reason.

Steel Meridian:

karak; good weapon, logical

amphis; good weapon, logical

Arbiters of Hexis:

tigris; tenno made, could use the buff

orthos; tenno, honorable weapon(?)

cephalon suda:

preferably new cephalon weapons, otherwise:

opticor; seems close to gammacor by name

plasma sword; tbh idk what a cephalon would use, rather have cephalon melee

Perrin Sequence:

lanka; good weapon, perrin helpers use it

serro; tbh I'm bias towards it, I love the look and would like it to get a buff. It could use the buff too.

Red Veil:

paris; stealth weapon, not a 100% primary copy of ballistica

karyst; obvious, it's an assassin's dagger, for an assassin's syn

New Loka:

phage; fits organic theme

venka; just seems right to me

Please, tell me what you would want. Just names and reasons though please, I'd like this thread to be about which one gets buffed, not how much damage it should get. 

Opticor, Paris and Phage (and the Orthos too, I suppose, but I really would want that) would be pretty OP with syndicate effects -- they're all very high tier weapons.

I'd prefer seeing the Dera or Supra for Cephalon Suda.

Opticor, Paris and Phage (and the Orthos too, I suppose, but I really would want that) would be pretty OP with syndicate effects -- they're all very high tier weapons.

I'd prefer seeing the Dera or Supra for Cephalon Suda.

I disagree, what criteria are you using to determine high tier? one-shots level 30 with a potato? Cause most weapons do that. Phage is mid-high tier at best. :/ and paris is our second worst bow.I won't deny that the opticor is good, but it's aoe damage tends to fall off faster than I'd like it to.

I disagree, what criteria are you using to determine high tier? one-shots level 30 with a potato? Cause most weapons do that. Phage is mid-high tier at best. :/ and paris is our second worst bow.I won't deny that the opticor is good, but it's aoe damage tends to fall off faster than I'd like it to.

Paris is only the second worst bow because there are 4 bows (with it's own prime being in that category). It's also the 3rd best bow -- and neither Prime or Dread are getting syndicate versions so it's the best bow available to be made a syndicate weapon.

Phage is at least upper mid-tier, largely due to the fact it does Viral damage so you can mod for other damage primarily.

I'm not saying they're the BEST weapons, I'm just saying there are weapons I think could use the buff associated with syndicate weapons to make them more appealing.

Note that I'm not judging based on hour long survivals, but like t3s and max starchart missions. I see phage and opticor there all the time, and would probably see the Paris if it didn't have a prime version (Because that's literally what I used to do before it got a prime version).

I'd rather see bad weapons turned into usable (decent) weapons than see good weapons turned into must-have weapons.

Edited by S7ORM

Paris is only the second worst bow because there are 4 bows (with it's own prime being in that category). It's also the 3rd best bow -- and neither Prime or Dread are getting syndicate versions so it's the best bow available to be made a syndicate weapon.

Phage is at least upper mid-tier, largely due to the fact it does Viral damage so you can mod for other damage primarily.

I'm not saying they're the BEST weapons, I'm just saying there are weapons I think could use the buff associated with syndicate weapons to make them more appealing.

Note that I'm not judging based on hour long survivals, but like t3s and max starchart missions. I see phage and opticor there all the time, and would probably see the Paris if it didn't have a prime version (Because that's literally what I used to do before it got a prime version).

I'd rather see bad weapons turned into usable (decent) weapons than see good weapons turned into must-have weapons.

I see, I forgot to mention that orthos isn't a high tier weapon either. Also, I still don't agree with your word choice, but I guess it would be better to buff bad weapons. At the same time, these aren't just "whatever weapon should get a buff", they're the syndicate's weapon of choice.

Oh, yeah, and so far, DE has not done a good job with buffing bad weapons with syndicates. Just look at the prebuff rakta ballistica and our, unfortunately, present day secura dual cestra. 

Steel Meridian: Lots of options here. Given that we're going to get a Prisma Grakata sometime soon it will depend on WHEN the primaries are launched as to whether or not we'll be seeing a Vaykor variant. But honestly any Grineer Variant here will work, which means it could be anything from the Karak or Hind to something exotic like the Ignis or Ogris (I doubt it will be a shotgun given that the two syndicate mods are for the Hek and Sobek already, the only remaining option would be the Drakgoon). As for melee, fewer options but the Amphis would be my guess as well.

Arbiters of Hexis: The odds-on favorite here is obviously the Boltor since we already know they like that "family" of weapons, though the Tigris, Tiburon, and Sybaris wouldn't be too unlikely either. It's also possible DE could throw us a curveball and give us a Telos Attica. As for melee, since they're big into ceremony and honor, this is honestly where I would see the Karyst falling (it's a ceremonial dagger bestowed to Tenno for great honor). We might also see something like the Tonbo or Tipedo here, or they might go the Dual Ether route. We COULD potentially get a Nikana here, but I get the feeling that DE wants to keep the Dragon Nikana kind of "special".

Cephalon Suda: To be honest I think weapons for these folks almost HAVE to be something we haven't seen yet, since whatever faction the Gammacor is trying to emulate doesn't appear to be one of the standard Corpus/Grineer/Infested/Tenno. And since one of the leaks awhile back had a string specifically for a gun labelled "CephalonPrimary", I'm guessing that's what we'll be seeing. As for melee, probably some sort of Glaive style weapon, likely meant to evoke the shape of Suda's crest.

Perrin Sequence: Lots of good choices here but the Dera or Supra are probably the ones in my mind that are most likely. A Lanka's possible, and might happen if DE can go back and give Sniper Rifles in general another pass, but I think DE is cognizant of the fact that those weapons don't really have a good niche right now, so they might avoid the issue altogether. As for melee, the number one candidate here is the Prova. It's everywhere, it's uniquely corpus... There's a chance you might see a Serro or a Lecta, or depending on release you might see a Secura variant of that "shock tonfa" the fans have been clamoring for. But probably a Prova.

Red Veil: Honestly I agree here. It's most likely we'll see either the Paris or Cernos here (personally I'd prefer the Cernos so that we could have a prime-quality bow of all three basic damage types). As for the melee, we might see something like a Rakta Reaper, or they might go with a dual dagger. I'm not sure. It's not entirely clear yet how the division between Arbiters/Red Veil/Loka works among the Tenno weapon types they all seem to be pulling from, so it's kind of early to try and draw conclusive trends.

New Loka: If DE is going to give us a faction-sepcific sniper rifle, this is probably where I see it. The Vectis has the right aesthetic here, and is a decent candidate. Alternatively, the Attica fits New Loka as well as it does Arbiters (as mentioned above the waters are muddy here), or maybe this is where we'll see a bow. As for melee, I'd like to see something like the Magistar here, but there's a ton of weapons to draw from and honestly no way to really know.

-snip-

Bit of a long read...But I think you have the karyst confused with something else, there's nothing about ceremony or honor in its lore...In addition, Loka and Veil do not follow any specific faction trend. Hexis use tenno weapons, as they're based around tenno being honorable warriors, not legendary tales. Red veil is trying to cause a great purge in order to undo corruption in the universe, and as for loka, snowbluff's nazi hippy comment was actually kinda right, she's a racist, who believes that all pseudo-humans need to come back together to become human again on earth. And since she's sending mercs (us) out to help her, I think it's pretty safe to assume that she's not planning to get her way by asking nicely.

I've already said this in a previous post, but the gammacor is a cephalon weapon. It has it's own little faction atm. A cephalon boomerang?

............sure, I wouldn't mind that, could be interesting, like scans any target it hits or something. I dunno though, dual cestra aren't exactly "everywhere" (in fact, they're nowhere unless you bring one with you) and it made it, so we'll probably get a surprise, rather than the obvious choice.

I would hate to get a second grakata variant so soon, though, and we already have too many bolt weapons. I'd like to see something new, not the weapon I would've gotten instead of my telos akbolto if they had been released at the same time. Tbh, I'd be fine with any of the melees you suggested for hexis, though, and it would be nice to get some more polearms like the tonbo or something so that we might (one day T-T) get finished polearm stances instead of the half-baked (quarter baked? raw?) ones we have now.

Edited by Ironlixivium

The Red Veil's primary weapon needs to be a Rakta Cernos. There's already an alternate Paris version, and the Cernos is in need of a buff. A Rakta Cernos that matched the tier of the Dread and Paris Prime would give us a decent bow representing all 3 physical damage types, since we already have puncture and slash.

I'm not trying to be a smart &#! here, but why does this request make sense?

This is basically a backdoor way of saying "this weapon would be cool with a buff", but bypassing the fact that DE would not do so, so instead ask for a Syndicate version based on the assumption that it will always be better because "special effect" and the fact they have been generally better then the standard one.

This end up just getting EXACTLY the same gun with slightly different damage potential.

I don't see how adding more of these guns makes the game better, other then have players going "ooohh. Shiny new guns."

I'm not trying to be a smart ! here, but why does this request make sense?

This is basically a backdoor way of saying "this weapon would be cool with a buff", but bypassing the fact that DE would not do so, so instead ask for a Syndicate version based on the assumption that it will always be better because "special effect" and the fact they have been generally better then the standard one.

This end up just getting EXACTLY the same gun with slightly different damage potential.

I don't see how adding more of these guns makes the game better, other then have players going "ooohh. Shiny new guns."

No, actually I've seen those "I want this weapon to be better, so make it have a syn version" threads and they were annoying. I actually want the syndicates to have weapons that would fit them, make sense, and be fun. It would also be nice to have more high tier weapons, though, and shiny new guns make it ALL worth it. ^_^

Red Veil is always talking about fire, so let 'em put their money where their mouth is.

Rakta Ignis.

Gimme.

And indulging further, Telos Galatine would indeed be glorious :D

Shouldn't happen. Ignis is a Grineer weapon. Red Veil strictly uses Infested+Tenno technology.

Whatever the subordinates use is what I imagine will be the next syndicate weapons sets.  That's a complete mystery for the arbiters, steel meridian, and suda for me since I'm not aligned with them, but Perrin Sequence is likely to get a Secura Lanka, and New Loka is probably going to get a Santi Boar.  I have no idea what Red Veil would get since their guys only use the Rakta Ballistica.

I am really hoping for Perrin Sequence to get a Secura Dera though.

Rakta Karak for Red Veil plz.  The Karak especially would be a semi-decent weapon that could use the boost that syndicatization would provide. Secura Supra would be nice, but I'd almost rather they fix the regular Supra before endowing it with variants. No idea what New Loka's primary would be.

Rakta Karak for Red Veil plz.  The Karak especially would be a semi-decent weapon that could use the boost that syndicatization would provide. Secura Supra would be nice, but I'd almost rather they fix the regular Supra before endowing it with variants. No idea what New Loka's primary would be.

As someone already said, though, the red veil doesn't use grineer weapons. Also, the karak doesn't fit their assassin theme.

No more Syndicate weapon.

Why?

BECAUSE OF NERF SCRUBS.

So let's cut the crap before it happens, NO MORE SYNDICATE WEAPONS.

Um, what? The nerf hammer is a serious problem in this community, but you're so worried about it, you're breaking logic. Think about it this way:

I want better weapon variants -> say which ones I think make the most sense -> you see post and get worried the variants will be nerfed -> say you don't want better variants -> no better variants? nothing has been solved. OR

-> we get better variants, nothing gets nerfed, we have better variants. OR

-> we get better variants, everything gets nerfed, we tried, oh well. or somewhere in between.

See? You aren't losing anything by trying to get better variants, unless of course you pick the most op one of the bunch and pour 5 forma into it knowing its insanely op and will probably be nerfed, but not doing that is also a possibility. you aren't losing ANYTHING by getting more variants and using them without potatos or formas for a few updates. ^_^

Thanks for all the post/vote/things everybody! Please, keep putting down what you hope to see here, even if it's just a single weapon for one syndicate, I want to know. Hopefully DE will be able to see this and know what people want too, or at least make a poll on what we would want because of it.