The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary And Scans, What's The Incentive?

SgtFlex

So, this was the big hype for U16, and we got sanctuary and scanning. Unfortunately, I feel like it did very little to change Warframe, and once again, not a fully fleshed out idea it seems. Upon scanning the targets, you get snippets of lore as you advance, but that's about it. In an MMO, it's easy to find this stuff on the forums or all over Reddit, so there's little incentive to farm for scans.

Transmute cores are good, but other than that, Simaris has very little to offer, only a tadbit being things to help you scan more, but once again, it feels like that incentive to scan is missing. A transmute core itself is only an RNG chance for a mod you want, which while it can be good sometimes, can be absolute crap at other times, and having most of the good stances, there's still little reason to farm for these. 

I haven't played in a good while now because I've just been absolutely burned out on playing Warframe until 16.5, so I might be missing something here.

If im not missing something here, I'd love to hear thoughts and possible ideas to give a better incentive to making a core part of the game.

you are not alone:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/447604-suggestion-for-new-things-to-the-cephalon-simaris/

(my topic, focused on rewards with hunter theme plus a few more things suggested by participants)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/440100-idea-for-a-simaris-reward/

(translator to understand what the Grinner/Corpus talks, that can allow us to research the lore in-game)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/451433-survival-a-lone-tenno-and-simaris-a-way-to-lower-the-time-between-rotations/

(use the interaction with Simaris to reduce the timer rotation in survivals, scanning one or other essential target in-mission

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/452034-500000-standing-from-simaris-for-legendary-fusion-cores/

(put some fusion cores in Simaris as rewards, even Legendary fusion core [huge topic])

and other topics somewhere... (i forgot to save in my browser >_>')

Edited by Zeyez

The lore for me was the only reward, but if DarkSector isn't part of the same universe like was hinted in the devstream; I don't think the little paragraphs have any value as far as world building goes. A vaguely written paragraph or two only matters if there is something solid, even if distanced by in game time, to be anchored to. The Sentients being robots or aliens who controlled advanced tech makes sense as a threat to a culture that survived a world wide disaster caused by an uncontrolled bioweapon. They might even try to harness that ancient weapon and use it against their enemies; making the current infested faction, our warframes, and the basis for most of our bio-mechanical tech including that of the Grineer; but story canon is a binary sum. Without those canonical settings and natures being set in stone, we get a comic book universe where each writer tries to put their own spin on the story until it is just a mess and gets rebooted.

Outside of that sharing of a personal opinion, the scans for Simaris are best looked at as a way of getting more points to buy his Transmute cores as said earlier, otherwise, there is no reward for doing them right now.

I like the lore, and at least on PC, the incentive to scan is to get the lore sooner. Now, on PS4 and XB1, since we only repeat what has already been done on PC, we truly have no incentive other than what Simaris offers. Unfortunately, that is how I treat Simaris. I have his offerings I want, so I no longer bother to scan. I just wait to read what PC unlocks.

Maybe he should also provide upgrade to your regular scanner, and give out more quest?  This upcoming infested Ancient lore would be interesting to read.

I kind of distrust Simaris of what he does lol, what happen when he decide to synthesize warframes and the Lotus?

Edited by Hueminator

You know what would motivate me?

Tenno Speed/Health/Shields/Damage Boosters, that would increase your "insert stat here" by a percentage temporarily.

Or a consummable bubble shield.

Or a consumable nuke.

Edited by jjpdn

I like it, so to each their own as always.

To elaborate, I like learning more about the WF universe. Learning that the grineer were a working class for the Orokin before the war that was militarized during the Sentient invasion.

Learning about post-war interactions between the Corpus and Grineer. Don't know yet why the Grineer became so hostile and I hope that will be revealed in time as well.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

I'm not thrilled with current offerings, but the simulator key is cool and a little lore is alright. I will not be buying transmutation cores since even free transmuting would still be a rip off IMO. 

I just want him to back the f up when I come see him. He is waaay too close. Kind of a creeper, and can't even see the target. 

Why don't DE put a specter per each enemy (grineer lancer, bombard etc) at the cost of Sanctuary Standings behind a certain benchmark in order to purchase them? (like, 10 scan: lore, 20 scan: specter, 40 scans: exmius version of that enemy specter)

I think it's not in it right place in term of "public content" (maybe it got badly hyped?) so people think they have to do it and get "rewards" which is the main core of the game

For me, Simaris part should be more of a voluntary thing very comparable to PvP and Dark Sektor, that it has nothing essential of the game and only those interested should do it, currently the only real impact it has on the normal gameplay is Helios detector ability.

So, in short I think people have the wrong attitude about it.

Edited by Mokkania

Why don't DE put a specter per each enemy (grineer lancer, bombard etc) at the cost of Sanctuary Standings behind a certain benchmark in order to purchase them? (like, 10 scan: lore, 20 scan: specter, 40 scans: exmius version of that enemy specter)

This is not bad.

Q?? I forget, how many syndicates have Companion Mods?

Q?? I forget, how many syndicates have Companion Mods?

Went and looked. 1 in Sanctuary. Detect Vulnerabilty from Symaris. Symaris should just be in charge of ALL companion mods.

Put;

Sanctuary

Guardian

Shelter

Stalk

Ghost

Etc there may be more...

Hell, why were at it. Archwing needs a Companion too. Maybe a Archwing Shield Matrix that allows us to equip up to 4 Companion mods on our Archwing?

Id, like to use Sanctuary(mod) to revive teammates.

Or go invis without Itzal.

Or even get my shields recharged faster.

It wouldnt have guns just 4 Precepts of your choice that you own. It will not give you precepts(mod), just a place to use them on your Archwing.

A nonlethal companion but filled with utility.

The Archwing Shield Matrix could be a Companion only purchasble from Symaris.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck