Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

300 plat for a warframe? I see Frost is even more expensive. So that's like $20 for a frame. Looks like a fun frame, but jeez.. 

And the changes to weapon pricing? Yeah sure, there's blueprints, but come on. ~$12 for a sniper rifle?

Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Spend tons of money for a little plat, or reset and pay lots more for guns than I did the first time. Not cool.

wow really? they nerfed the one thing that could make rhino usable? While trinity has infinite energy and not only full invul, but reflects damage? Well.... to throw rhino to the garbage then :/

Yup.  His other 3 abilities are completely outclassed by just about any other warframe.  With this nerf, they destroyed the Rhino.  Why do developers constantly fall into the trap of over nerfing?  Very disappointing. 

Right, so.

What seems to be going on in this thread is people complaining about the Iron Skin nerf (Which is, to be completely honest. 100% justified.)

Let's look into it:

To all the players, who're trying to s**k DEV d**k, and saying "Oh this was the best one ever, now I can stop playing the rhino and enjoy other frames and it's just so wonderful" - Are you saying you've never had your sorry butt saved by a Rhino? How was that "Overpowered omfg nerf!" ? I bet you weren't lamenting his "overpoweredness" when he was saving you.

However, as a Rhino player, does the above stop people from constantly whining about how slow the Rhino is when they're waiting at an elevator right after you just saved their butt? No sir, they're complaining like five year olds. Nevermind that you saved them just a few minutes ago.

It's ONE ability that makes the Rhino capable of HELPING HIS TEAM. What damage does the Rhino do, solely based on his skillset, compared to others? Little to NONE. It's all in the WEAPONS. Something that EVERYONE can max out and reap with, not just the Rhino. Infact there's a bunch of videos out there of Ash warframes, Excalibur's, hilariously easy DECIMATING everything in close quaters combat, and guess what? WITHOUT BEING INVINCIBLE.

Here's how people are saying the Rhino is overpowered; Activate Iron Skin - Spam melee. Yeah, where does Iron Skin help your damage here? It doesn't. It does, what it's always been supposed to do, make the Rhino the designated TANK frame (Yet somehow not even doing that very well, another note to look into.) Anyone can buff and potatoe the shiznit out of their weapon and do tons of damage. It was Rhino's niché to be invincible for a limited duration of time, just as other frames have CC, Damage, Stealth, Utility. Rhino, right now, after this nerf, can do very little in terms of being a team player. Except the fact that he's just a 4th target to be chewed up.

Iron Skin was not what made the Rhino just "godmode" it through defense missions. It was his -team- killing the mobs he was blocking, all gathered up, ready for anyone else to barrage.

Welcome to the Nyx and Saryn club, sorry to have you here with us.

I know how this feels, I built saryn after the nerf to her, and man! I HATED my time playing that frame, the ult is so very weak and short ranged (although it's a beast at killing high armor targets, which generally have lower HP)

banshee while casting SQ crouches, gets a very small hit box and everyone in the area are stunned, unless 30 sniper popsup outside of the effected area while you are being in the open... nothings changed for banshee, i thought it would be a nerf for banshee so the power costs much more like 200 so you cant spam it would get from spam to tactical yes it still kills everything but you have to manage energy to save it for dire stuations, like the pod beginn to take serious damage fast, like a fail safe and i think banshee would be loved than hated, everyone loves the savior of the day, right? :)

Rhino old champ i loved you really, we had a good time but until they fix your power modulator bug in the IRON SKIN system you have to rest. ( and i think it must be the corpus they find a way to corrupt warframe system, (facial expression=damn) quick new event: kill all corpus scientist to revert to prosses). LOTUS are you sleeping? ( i hope they nerf you too, it was getting annoying all that heavy greenier approching stuff, maybe its best you only warn us when there is 20 of them or a new Mega-Heavy unit approches. but again you are lotus just give me an opton to slince my radio :))

In the next update when you cast link i like it to cast chaos (mapwide) and kill the rhino frames if there is one in the team.

BTW thnx for the bug fixes.

i still dont get the change about banshee, i still kill everyone and nobody can kill me?

Damage buff? Range got bigger? Drop chicken eggs?

Edited by battlelamb

30 Plat for Avatar packs is ridiculous, you guys gotta fix that asap. Also since you announced your plans to add some Platinum -> Credits packs can we please see some more items become purchasable with credits?(1Million for palette, 500k for Avatar Packs etc) keep slots and reactors/catalysts Plat only. And on the note about palettes, how about if you buy ANY palette, you get the base one unlocked too? I'm sure it would encourage folks to buy colors.

NO NO and NO don't turn this into league of legends i'v said this a 100 times nerfing everything will make it booooring! STAHP

I know its so sad. I was so excited to have a game that had developers that actually communicated with the player base. I got quite a few family members to become master founders for this reason. Now it looks like the DE are making the same mistakes so many other DE make and thats try to make everybody happy by balancing every thing in the game.

I have a very serious question for the DE I would like to see answered. if all warframes and weapons are going to get nerfed why should i spend my money buying them? The only warframe I every bought was the Rhino because he was worth it thats why you charged the most platinum for him right. Whats he worth now? Nothing will i get a refund? No. I want to love you DE I want to support you but you are making it very hard right now. 

A lot weapons moved to blueprints :( which = a lot more farming and they increased rubedo resources for helm blueprints from 300-600 which is crazy

Props to the new warframe and smoother parkour 

I like warframe a lot but this update hurt me a little, feeling a little that you guys are pushing for people to pay platinum. I already spent 50$ I don't want to end up paying even more.

Right, so.

What seems to be going on in this thread is people complaining about the Iron Skin nerf (Which is, to be completely honest. 100% justified.)

Let's look into it:

To all the players, who're trying to s**k DEV d**k, and saying "Oh this was the best one ever, now I can stop playing the rhino and enjoy other frames and it's just so wonderful" - Are you saying you've never had your sorry butt saved by a Rhino? How was that "Overpowered omfg nerf!" ? I bet you weren't lamenting his "overpoweredness" when he was saving you.

However, as a Rhino player, does the above stop people from constantly whining about how slow the Rhino is when they're waiting at an elevator right after you just saved their butt? No sir, they're complaining like five year olds. Nevermind that you saved them just a few minutes ago.

It's ONE ability that makes the Rhino capable of HELPING HIS TEAM. What damage does the Rhino do, solely based on his skillset, compared to others? Little to NONE. It's all in the WEAPONS. Something that EVERYONE can max out and reap with, not just the Rhino. Infact there's a bunch of videos out there of Ash warframes, Excalibur's, hilariously easy DECIMATING everything in close quaters combat, and guess what? WITHOUT BEING INVINCIBLE.

Here's how people are saying the Rhino is overpowered; Activate Iron Skin - Spam melee. Yeah, where does Iron Skin help your damage here? It doesn't. It does, what it's always been supposed to do, make the Rhino the designated TANK frame (Yet somehow not even doing that very well, another note to look into.) Anyone can buff and potatoe the shiznit out of their weapon and do tons of damage. It was Rhino's niché to be invincible for a limited duration of time, just as other frames have CC, Damage, Stealth, Utility. Rhino, right now, after this nerf, can do very little in terms of being a team player. Except the fact that he's just a 4th target to be chewed up.

Iron Skin was not what made the Rhino just "godmode" it through defense missions. It was his -team- killing the mobs he was blocking, all gathered up, ready for anyone else to barrage.

Wrong.

This frame is slow and without Iron Skin, has no other redeeming qualities.  There is simply no reason to play the Rhino since now his negatives FAR outweigh his positives.  Now that Iron Skin is only 80% immunity, the Rhino has no option for getting out of a tight spot made worse by his lack of mobility.  

If you're so afraid of total immunity DE, why was the Trinity not nerfed into uselessness as well?

Edited by Tegajinn

I'd like to preface this by saying I love this game, I really do. To the point where I've browbeaten my friends to start playing. Almost fanatically singing it's praises. What can I say? I really enjoy it.

But there are parts of this update that really bother me.

First off the Iron Skin thing...it's brutal. The only thing that made Rhino playable is now gone. And that saddens me greatly. I could handle always being slow and clunky because I new I had that ace up my sleeve; that at the push of a button I could become the Angel of Death fearing nothing. I could wade through enemies to revive fallen teammates or run into a crowd to draw fire. But...alas, I can no longer do these things. I have to worry about poison, Disruptors, knock-back and getting chipped to death. I fear I'll have to pack my Rhino frame up never to be used again. He deserved better than this unceremonious relegation into obsoleteness. Though, he shall always be remembered fondly.

Secondly, I think more importantly, the increased cost of getting new weapons is problematic. I'm not sure that the change over to blueprints is new player friendly. It might create an unnecessary obstacle in the early advancement of new players. I know, for me personally, first thing I want to do when I start playing a new game is try out as many guns as I can to find what works for me. And...if other players are like me, they might find having to wait to farm materials and the forge new weapons a bit daunting. Or perhaps not even worth their time. But then again, what do I know? You guys have a lot more experience with this stuff than I do, I could be completely wrong.

On a final note, I would like to thank you, the staff of DE for being so cool. Being so involved in the community and giving us a chance to voice our opinions. I know a lot of it comes off as whining...and...some of it is...I even did some here...but the fact you guys take the time to interact with players is so very cool. It isn't like most forums where you maybe might get an answer if the planets align just right as the clock strikes midnight. And that is the coolest thing. I'd also like to thank you for the dedicated hard work you do to make improvements to the game. I've never seen a company address problems so quickly. Especially in a free-to-play game. It's simply remarkable. I don't always agree with what you do, but I know that you have our best interest at heart. But seriously, please “unfix” Rhino.

Thanks.

Edited by LionSpacePrincess

wow really? they nerfed the one thing that could make rhino usable? While trinity has infinite energy and not only full invul, but reflects damage? Well.... to throw rhino to the garbage then :/

My words exactly.... boost him back up please. W/O rhino skin, Frost is a waay better tank than him ( not that he wasnt before..) and this nerf makes him obselete to Frost now. May as well just use Frost. Sad to see Rhino go down the gutter.

rhino now has no use in higher level content, he has poor dmg and now compared to ember and trinity (who not only mitigate dmg but do dmg) he can no long perform the role in the same manner. High level mobs even with iron skin will kill you in moments so resing a team mate is out of the question, you are no longer immune to toxics and disruptors, you can be knocked back you just dont fall.

Rhino from the way i played him and how i understood his purpose was to be a reliable and impenetrable wall that in a pinch could save his team from inevitable doom....he can no longer do that...

Edited by Ecotox

So why should anyone play Rhino anymore?

+Highest base armour in the game. Not the highest maximum, however. That belongs to Frost.

+Rhino Stomp. Great for stunlocking bosses. Needs a Trinity frame with you, however.

-Slowest frame.

-Sub par Slash Dash.

-Nerfed invincibility ability.

-Radial Blast (needs a buff for the amount of energy it costs).

I'm afraid I'm just not going to touch Rhino anymore. For the positive aspects, other frames can do those better. If I need to tank anymore, I'll just go on Trinity. If I need to stunlock a boss, I'll bring Nyx for the hard stun from Mind Control at a much lower cost. In fact, plenty of other frames can do what Rhino does, and not sacrifice speed to do it.

No, Rhino really only had Iron Skin going for him, and after this nerf, I think you've taken away his worth. That Thrak helm is going to be gathering a lot of dust from now on...

While I'm not happy about the Rhino nerf, it's fine really. You take virtually no damage when your shield is gone, but you're no longer in full retard mode + regenerating shields while it's active. Toxic Ancients only ping me for 4 health / tick when standing beside them. I've tested some things, and while other users are reporting Shockwave Moas can get through, I've can say this:

Disruptors have no impact on Iron Skin (thankyou DE!)

You're still hitstun immune to Infested

Ancients can't knock you down

So, honestly, I'm fine with it. Lasts more than long enough to punch through every mob since you're hitstun immune.

You still take damage when your shields are gone, especially from toxic ancients and poison.

I didn't feel good about the Saryn and Nyx 'fixes'. However, they were fair.

But, I don't think it's right to hammer a Frame and not fix existing issues (i.e. Nyx's Absorb).

I don't own a Rhino, but I can sympathize. I think this is a bit far.

Nyx's permanent Chaos was unbalanced - the fix was understandable (although increasing Chaos' duration would be really nice).

Invincibility was the only thing going for Rhino. I'd say it's reasonable to give him 95% damage reduction and immunity from Ancient effects.

Also, please don't hammer Trinity...

Would it hurt you guys to learn to play careful and not cry about every nerf. Sure iron skin was awesome but lets be honest. 5/5/10/15 of godmode makes the game to easy and no tank should ever have that kind of godmode.

This isn't actually a Nerf. It simply just changed the way Rhino works from being the main tank to not at all.

A Nerf would have been reducing the (really) insane duration of this ability or simply increasing the energy cost by a good amount due to his naturally low energy pool. 

Don't get me wrong. A Nerf was actually appropriate because as you said it was too easy but this @(*()$ wrecked the cooles char in the entire game.

I don't know if this was intended, but banshee soundquake no longer grants invincibility when being used... you can see how this is a problem when you are stuck for a good 5 seconds using the skill, and all the enemies are shooting at you. if it is intended, way to make some of the skills near useless, oh and rhino iron skin was over nerfed, i agree, it did need balancing, you could have at least kept in the immunity to knockbacks / knockdowns, and should be put back to 25 energy cost, maybe allow the regeneration of shields when activating iron skin, whilst still taking damage.

I'm also another upset Rhino user over the Iron skin nerf, if there must be a nerf at the very least let them retain all CC and disruption immunity along with toxic damage immune so its still possible and viable to melee tank ancients without getting wrecked by toxic auras. Iron skin was the only skill worth using as the others are far too lackluster to even consider using, if your going to blast Iron skin you really really should look at giving something back in return to its other skills or base stats.