Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bleed Mechanic Is Such Humdrum.

Lancars

So I've been playing my limbo lately working on some ideas and it seems that most of the time the only thing that takes me down is bleeds. If i step out of the rift for a moment to grab a mod or something i'm pinged by a bullet and 90% of the time that one bullet with cause a bleed. And after awhile it stacks up.

I'll need to forma him 2 more times to make my build viable but the fact remains: Bleeds.

I feel like the whole bleed system is getting out of hand at times that the bleeds make it so you HAVE to have some kinda thing to regain health. So it most cases a sacrifice to how you wish to play to compensate the fact that shields for the most part are ending up useless as you will die from bleed dot spam.

Life strike: yes yes everyone's response to such a thing but that channeling cost really hurts some weapons as channeling helps there damage but eats all of your energy at times and some abilities can save you.

Rejuvenation Aura: I will be adding this to my limbo as i can regain energy in the rift but at the same time its something else required at times and i cannot play with any other auras without harming myself in the process.

Go Valkyr/Oberon/Trinity/Rhino/Saryn with augment: I'd like to be able to play a frame i want to play. I love trinity but there are times i feel like playing another frame.

Furis with Life-steal augment: Again i'd like to play with other things instead of the same build. I want to enjoy the game not get bored of it.

As it stands i would like to play the game and have fun with everything and not have to have a special setup that i would play all the time for fear of hemorrhaging to death all the time. In the end shields have been made useless due to the high chance of catching that one bullet that seems to slip past all the terrain just to bleed proc you somehow after jumping through hoops to get away from a large pack of enemies.

since this will ultimately come up - Shield Ignoring Damage must exist. it makes Health matter.

it is critically important that Shield Ignoring Damage exists.

- - - - -

however, Health Damage is something that occurs based on RNG - therefore ingame mechanics to regain Health are cruicial.

ones that you always have access to, no matter what Equipment you have. i'm not talking about a portable Blessing.

you simply need a Skillbased method of recouping Health. Killing Enemies in certain ways is a good avenue to this.

RNG Health loss, and combat this through Skill based mechanics to get Health Orbs from Enemies. Skill is being used a bit loosely here, basically describing as methods which are not casting Abilities or shooting Weapons - but instead Killing Enemies in specific ways.

this can include but is not limited to Killing them with hits to particular spots, certain combinations of Abilities (on one Warframe! remember, must be available 100% of the time. requiring inter Warframe use won't work), Et Cetera.

Edited by taiiat

Simple.

Make finishers regen health.

Yes but even then you have to hope someone gets knocked down to use a finisher so you have to gear a way to do it or use something that can knock people down. Not all weapons have good knockdown here and there.

So I've been playing my limbo lately working on some ideas and it seems that most of the time the only thing that takes me down is bleeds. If i step out of the rift for a moment to grab a mod or something i'm pinged by a bullet and 90% of the time that one bullet with cause a bleed. And after awhile it stacks up.

I'll need to forma him 2 more times to make my build viable but the fact remains: Bleeds.

I feel like the whole bleed system is getting out of hand at times that the bleeds make it so you HAVE to have some kinda thing to regain health. So it most cases a sacrifice to how you wish to play to compensate the fact that shields for the most part are ending up useless as you will die from bleed dot spam.

Life strike: yes yes everyone's response to such a thing but that channeling cost really hurts some weapons as channeling helps there damage but eats all of your energy at times and some abilities can save you.

Rejuvenation Aura: I will be adding this to my limbo as i can regain energy in the rift but at the same time its something else required at times and i cannot play with any other auras without harming myself in the process.

Go Valkyr/Oberon/Trinity/Rhino/Saryn with augment: I'd like to be able to play a frame i want to play. I love trinity but there are times i feel like playing another frame.

Furis with Life-steal augment: Again i'd like to play with other things instead of the same build. I want to enjoy the game not get bored of it.

As it stands i would like to play the game and have fun with everything and not have to have a special setup that i would play all the time for fear of hemorrhaging to death all the time. In the end shields have been made useless due to the high chance of catching that one bullet that seems to slip past all the terrain just to bleed proc you somehow after jumping through hoops to get away from a large pack of enemies.

you do know that our enemies are trying to kill us, like for serious reals?

you pay the price for running around with all offensive mods and next to nothing defensive on. You must be allergic to living

you do know that our enemies are trying to kill us, like for serious reals?

you pay the price for running around with all offensive mods and next to nothing defensive on. You must be allergic to living

Not at all. I love living but generally even at range i end up being pinged by a bullet from far off only to bleed out after awhile. I can play as safe as i can be i can sit back and snipe but i will be hit by something even if i move here and there and take cover. Its the fact that i will end up bleeding. Be it in melee combat or ranged combat you are hit either way and you end up bleeding with full shields.

since this will ultimately come up - Shield Ignoring Damage must exist. it makes Health matter.

- - - - -

however, Health Damage is something that occurs based on RNG - therefore ingame mechanics to regain Health are cruicial.

ones that you always have access to, no matter what Equipment you have. i'm not talking about a portable Blessing.

you simply need a Skillbased method of recouping Health. Killing Enemies in certain ways is a good avenue to this.

RNG Health loss, and combat this through Skill based mechanics to get Health Orbs from Enemies. Skill is being used a bit loosely here, basically describing as methods which are not casting Abilities or shooting Weapons - but instead Killing Enemies in specific ways.

this can include but is not limited to Killing them with hits to particular spots, certain combinations of Abilities (on one Warframe! remember, must be available 100% of the time. requiring inter Warframe use won't work), Et Cetera.

or

Basing status proc off of a build up mechanic rather than a % chance could make it so you could avoid damage. like if you see a build up meter nearly maxed you can avoid status inducing attacks while it drains. That way you can have a skillful way of avoiding the damage in the first place. perhaps something like rolling could negate procs from occuring while mid roll, but still add buildup to 99.9% so people couldn't just roll over and over to avoid it forever.

Maybe there could be enemy types that specialize in build up damage like: bombards having high blast build up instead of 50% unavoidable chance to get rekt via missile, napalms having a high heat build up, heavy gunners having good bleed build up, etc.

and bleed should only knock health to 1 hp so it isn't just a gorified toxin proc.

just a few ideas though.

Edited by Vougue

Basing status proc off of a build up mechanic rather than a % chance could make it so you could avoid damage. like if you see a build up meter nearly maxed you can avoid status inducing attacks while it drains.

what you end up with then, is a Cover Shooter.

Digital Extremes doesn't want a slow paced Cover Shooter.

Simple.

Make finishers regen health.

but, what of Warframes which do not create Finishers? because most of them... don't.

if you're referring to Channel Blocking, it's ultimately too slow paced to be a practical means of Health recoup. groups of 10, 20, 30 Enemies aren't that uncommon. spending the time to Channel Block to get a single Finisher just isn't practical even within Enemy Levels of the Solar Map.

- - - - -

Alternatively, make the shield-ignoring damage based off avoidable things, so that the skill comes from avoiding them. Mutalist Ospreys are a good example, as they offer plenty of time to avoid damage, yet can still effectively hurt and kill players. Eviscerators are a decent example, although they would work better for this if they fired fewer saws that were more visible. Melee enemies can and should have a bleed proc chance. But normal ranged enemies that attack in high numbers shouldn't, and there is absolutely no reason for hitscan weapons to have the mechanic.

Again that is a mod slot taken up that can be more useful.

If you know of something that's more useful to keeping you alive... why aren't you using that?

If you don't then I don't understand how you are valuing your mods.

well there is vampire mode in nightmare missions that covers and is the mechanics youre speaking of so this whole skill bla bla makes no sense. kill enemies you gain health and in a survival mission you gain time aswell. try and play all the different types of nightmare  and youre bound to find all sorts of mechanics there.

225px-RapidResilience.png

Again that is a mod slot taken up that can be more useful.

No.

If you know of something that's more useful to keeping you alive... why aren't you using that?

600px-ArcEng_Downed_%281%29.png

Edited by Gr3vi3R

Anyone can do knockdown finishers as long as they have a melee equipped.

- it's possible to not have a Melee Weapon Equipped. there need to be enough methods to accommodate any combination or it needs to be completely Equipment independant.

- Ground Finishers aren't particularly Skill based. they're quite easy to pull off. Health gains from such an Attack would probably be... not so great to be balanced.

Edit:

bring Potions with you or you lose

ones that you always have access to, no matter what Equipment you have.

you missed an important part of this.

method(s) must be available 100% of the time.

Edited by taiiat

Making health globes fall off from dead enemy is the best solution IMO.

Make it share the same drop pool as energy orbs.

So both orbs have a 50/50 chance of dropping.

And when 1 drops, the other is overridden and will not drop.

Benefits are.

One, it cuts down on energy orb drops. Thus reducing energy spam in normal games barring Trinity/Nekros/Hydroid etc.

Two, it is semi reliable. As long you actively kill enemies, you will have a pretty good chance of getting a perk me up.

Edited by fatpig84

I think it wouldn't be so bad if bleed procs were not so common within the most common unit in the game. Imagine if you had bleed procs coming from only a manic or a bombard leveled enemy (very low spawn rate); in that situation I bet that you would have no issue. But, the elite lancers have the bleed procs, and they come in droves, vastly increasing the chances to bleed.

I'd say lower the units proc chance of the higher spawning units, as the total chance goes up as there are more units present.

Edited by R34LM