Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I'm Done With This Community...

Teqnologyque

Sad to say, but between the rampant elitism, chest thumping, and $&*^-measuring; I'm done. I can't take it any more. 

I guess I really started to think this around the advent of the Gradivus Dilemma. When slander was common for what side one supported, and at first I thought it was all fun and games, but then I saw people getting way too serious about it... Then it was founder's elitism. When the PS4 community joined, they were worried that PC players would migrate accounts just to lord Excalibur/Lato/Skana Prime over them. So the PC players got up in arms, a lot of people got temporarily banned, and the console players did what console players do; some complained, others just moved on.

Then it happened again with Void Vor and the rerelease of the Cicero mods. I was happy, I thought it was awesome. Quite a few others did not... And now we're seeing it again with the rerelease of the Tethra's Set.

Event weapons... hoo boy, when the G3 and Zanuka showed up, a few people actually quit because they thought the Detron and the Brakk were exclusive. I was happy that others could finally get them without having to run 100 of the same chuckle-@(*()$ mission to get what is a moderately decent gun.

Soma vs. Everything Else... what a can of @(*()$ worms that was... Do you know how many times I got belittled during the reign of Damage 1.0 for using my Braton/Burston Prime? I've lost count. Or, rather... maybe I just stopped caring... I use what I use, and that's good enough for me. Some, sadly, don't see it that way. They're the worst kinds of min-maxers, the kind of people who must be absolutely best at everything, and don't understand the concept of playing a load-out to have fun.

Coptering... Ho-ly S#&$. So I main Frost. I love Frost, and everything about Frost. I love his play style, I love his look, and I love his powers. And last I checked, I was playing Warframe, not Gran Turismo. I don't care about how quickly I can finish a mission, all I care about is playing to have fun. I'm not having fun if I have to sprint ahead of the team eight tiles just to... I dunno... GET A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING.

It used to be worse, you know... Vanguard Rhino Prime, coptering around like a @(*()$ idiot, stomping in every room, and then moving on to repeat the process ad-nausea-um. Now its Saryn, coptering around like a @(*()$ idiot, spamming miasma, next it'll be whatever Nuke 'Frame the flavour of the month is... Don't get me wrong, though. I'm all for efficiency... but I have no reason to rush anything. I just want to play the game.

Kubrows vs. Sentinels... *sigh* why can't people just be allowed to have fun in their own ways without other people trying to force THEIR idea of "Fun" on others? I guess that's pertinent to the above...

The release of Damage 2.0. I thought that was great, it streamlined the system and made it easier for me (Because even though I never graduated from ANY kind of educational institution, I'm still better off for it, apparently...) to figure out how to be more effective in combat. But not other people, no sir-ee-bob, they had to defend their rainbow builds like... Well, I was going to type something else here, but I Know  that would get me banned for sure.

When they talked about possibly removing Serration and raw damage mods, people freaked right the F*** out. I thought it was a good opportunity to make the system more compact, and smaller, and actually work on enemy HP/Armour scaling... but then the common MMO community came out, and if their numbers can't be as large and stack-overflowy as possible, they just aren't happy.

There's more, but thinking about this already is giving me a headache. I mean, christ, its eight o'-clock and I already feel like I need a few pints... 

But all that said; I'm not quitting the game, I've sunk way too much into this boat to give it all up. I'm just saying I'm going to do my own thing, my way, and the rest of you can go jump off a @(*()$ cliff for all I have to care.

I'd say good-bye... But that implies some level of fond regard, and while I do have SOME good memories, the bad out-weigh the good. Please don't argue over this thread while I'm gone? I know its a futile gesture but I have to ask anyway.

And to the Com-Mods; Please don't try to silence one dissenting voice, just because it doesn't want to "Conform". I understand you have a job to do (BECAUSE I'VE BEEN THERE. Spoiler alert...) but sometimes, things need to be said. Even if there's no immediate impact, maybe that one voice can get the gears turning, and maybe some things can change for the better.

Aheh, yeah "don't silence my voice" 

When you say this: 

and the rest of you can go jump off a @(*()$ cliff for all I have to care.

Yeah, I think there is a reason why it should be locked away.

Also: meta-complaint

B5BSVqH.png

Edited by TheErebus.

Sad to say, but between the rampant elitism, chest thumping, and $&*^-measuring; I'm done. I can't take it any more. 

I guess I really started to think this around the advent of the Gradivus Dilemma. When slander was common for what side one supported, and at first I thought it was all fun and games, but then I saw people getting way too serious about it... Then it was founder's elitism. When the PS4 community joined, they were worried that PC players would migrate accounts just to lord Excalibur/Lato/Skana Prime over them. So the PC players got up in arms, a lot of people got temporarily banned, and the console players did what console players do; some complained, others just moved on.

Then it happened again with Void Vor and the rerelease of the Cicero mods. I was happy, I thought it was awesome. Quite a few others did not... And now we're seeing it again with the rerelease of the Tethra's Set.

Event weapons... hoo boy, when the G3 and Zanuka showed up, a few people actually quit because they thought the Detron and the Brakk were exclusive. I was happy that others could finally get them without having to run 100 of the same chuckle-@(*()$ mission to get what is a moderately decent gun.

Soma vs. Everything Else... what a can of @(*()$ worms that was... Do you know how many times I got belittled during the reign of Damage 1.0 for using my Braton/Burston Prime? I've lost count. Or, rather... maybe I just stopped caring... I use what I use, and that's good enough for me. Some, sadly, don't see it that way. They're the worst kinds of min-maxers, the kind of people who must be absolutely best at everything, and don't understand the concept of playing a load-out to have fun.

Coptering... Ho-ly S#&$. So I main Frost. I love Frost, and everything about Frost. I love his play style, I love his look, and I love his powers. And last I checked, I was playing Warframe, not Gran Turismo. I don't care about how quickly I can finish a mission, all I care about is playing to have fun. I'm not having fun if I have to sprint ahead of the team eight tiles just to... I dunno... GET A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING.

It used to be worse, you know... Vanguard Rhino Prime, coptering around like a @(*()$ idiot, stomping in every room, and then moving on to repeat the process ad-nausea-um. Now its Saryn, coptering around like a @(*()$ idiot, spamming miasma, next it'll be whatever Nuke 'Frame the flavour of the month is... Don't get me wrong, though. I'm all for efficiency... but I have no reason to rush anything. I just want to play the game.

Kubrows vs. Sentinels... *sigh* why can't people just be allowed to have fun in their own ways without other people trying to force THEIR idea of "Fun" on others? I guess that's pertinent to the above...

The release of Damage 2.0. I thought that was great, it streamlined the system and made it easier for me (Because even though I never graduated from ANY kind of educational institution, I'm still better off for it, apparently...) to figure out how to be more effective in combat. But not other people, no sir-ee-bob, they had to defend their rainbow builds like... Well, I was going to type something else here, but I Know  that would get me banned for sure.

When they talked about possibly removing Serration and raw damage mods, people freaked right the F*** out. I thought it was a good opportunity to make the system more compact, and smaller, and actually work on enemy HP/Armour scaling... but then the common MMO community came out, and if their numbers can't be as large and stack-overflowy as possible, they just aren't happy.

There's more, but thinking about this already is giving me a headache. I mean, christ, its eight o'-clock and I already feel like I need a few pints... 

But all that said; I'm not quitting the game, I've sunk way too much into this boat to give it all up. I'm just saying I'm going to do my own thing, my way, and the rest of you can go jump off a @(*()$ cliff for all I have to care.

I'd say good-bye... But that implies some level of fond regard, and while I do have SOME good memories, the bad out-weigh the good. Please don't argue over this thread while I'm gone? I know its a futile gesture but I have to ask anyway.

And to the Com-Mods; Please don't try to silence one dissenting voice, just because it doesn't want to "Conform". I understand you have a job to do (BECAUSE I'VE BEEN THERE. Spoiler alert...) but sometimes, things need to be said. Even if there's no immediate impact, maybe that one voice can get the gears turning, and maybe some things can change for the better.

Goodbye, I never played with you, but we probably would've had fun together....assuming my schedule wouldn't get in the way of that.

Now this is kinda sad. These are all valid points and the community has been getting worse and worse as time goes on.

But the sad thing is that now people are trying to dog pile OP just because it's a meta complaint.

The community has issues, it's more toxic every update and event.

Now this is kinda sad. These are all valid points and the community has been getting worse and worse as time goes on.

But the sad thing is that now people are trying to dog pile OP just because it's a meta complaint.

Every community has issues, it's more toxic every update and event.

Ftfy.

Ruk is right, we're merely mercenaries fighting for scraps but it took this event to truly expose that side of the players

And?

This isn't new at all. This happens in every single community.

You name 5 of them, and they all have the toxic members in them.

Meta-complaints solve NOTHING. They are just whiney threads that solve nothing at all. They aren't constructive, because you cannot change how a community acts by complaining about them.

And honestly, this is the least toxic event I have seen in a long time. Yeah we're all debating and arguing about the two sides we have to pick, but no one is being toxic about it. Actually, I'd even argue that the WF community isn't even close to the levels of toxic that deserve a user leaving like this.

You wanna know a community worth leaving due to toxicity, go to the Destiny forums.

Edited by TheErebus.

And?

This isn't new at all. This happens in every single community.

You name 5 of them, and they all have the toxic members in them.

Meta-complaints solve NOTHING. They are just whiney threads that solve nothing at all. They aren't constructive, because you cannot change how a community acts by complaining about them.

And honestly, this is the least toxic event I have seen in a long time. Yeah we're all debating and arguing about the two sides we have to pick, but no one is being toxic about it. Actually, I'd even argue that the WF community isn't even close to the levels of toxic that deserve a user leaving like this.

You wanna know a community worth leaving due to toxicity, go to the Destiny forums.

This, toxic is when you see petitions for things like the return of Founders and CB items.

All the op's doing is making the forums more toxic than it is.

Also OP, not everyone should follow and obey an opinion. This happens EVERYWHERE even in real life. Some guys like how they legalized weed, some don't. Not anyone's fault you were exposed to these opinions,I mean you say you need a few pints I thought you'd be old enough to experience and understand this.

While some of the points might be worth discussing, many are also simply a matter of preference. There is no "true" or "right" way to play a game and simply because he dislikes the current meta he should feel free to call to entire community names? Yeah seems real constructive...

Also many reactions so far are the same that come up every time someone makes a "x and y suck so goodbye" thread, since frankly they are pointless. What kind of reaction did you expect for a passive aggressive thread like this?

"I loved this and that but others didn't and I can't take it"
"I do things my way but when I'm told not to I get offended"

And after all the *@##$ing and complaining that is so infuriating to the delicate you you just ended up *@##$ing and complaining before publicly quitting with a door slam.

Meta complaints are bad, meta complaints like this are just sad.