The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Superiority....

LegendarySaxGuy

Well I don't know what to say exactly for this but erm.......

Higher MR players should have stuff that lower MR players can't get till they themselves reach a high enough MR.... ;/

Like for an example:

A weapon/cosmetic/WARFRAME (lol)/special item thingy for MR15 players and above only!

Like....

I'm a Master Founder (Not that special anymore), MR19 and a few more stuff away to level up to achieve maximum amount mastery I possibly can but I ain't that special....

EXCLUDING ALL the event stuff and Founder/all the other Prime Access accessories that can be obtained from the day I started playing, those players whose MR are so much more lower than mine can access to literally 100% of all the weapons/warframes/other stuff that I have! 

Like damn, once you achieve MR8, you can equip every single weapon possible in the game, rendering the achievement of getting any higher of MR than that to be 95%/100% POINTLESS.

But oh well, what I'm trying to state is that, a method/way/something should be implemented into game where it will make it super easy and extremely clear to differentiate BEGINNER and VETERAN players.

I think this topic had been brought up a few times before, but hey, time to bring it up again LOL. 

(Please don't take this whole topic super seriously T_T)

Please do make decent suggestions.

Edited by legendarysaxguy

Higher MR players should have stuff that lower MR players can't get till they themselves reach a high enough MR.... ;/

Like for an example:

A weapon/cosmetic/WARFRAME (lol)/special item thingy for MR15 players and above only!

Like....

I'm a Master Founder, MR19 and a few more stuff away to level up to achieve maximum amount mastery I possibly can but I ain't that special....

EXCLUDING ALL the event stuff and Founder/all the other Prime Access accessories that can be obtained from the day I started playing, those players whose MR are so much more lower than mine can access to literally 100% of all the weapons/warframes/other stuff that I have! 

Like damn, once you achieve MR8, you can equip every single weapon possible in the game, rendering the achievement of getting any higher of MR than that to be 95%/100% POINTLESS.

But oh well, what I'm trying to state is that, a method/way/something should be implemented into game where it will make it super easy and extremely clear to differentiate BEGINNER and VETERAN players.

I think this topic had been brought up a few times before, but hey, time to bring it up again LOL. 

kanyedisbelief.gif Like you said you're not special but this is just stupid in my opinion you're not superior than anyone you're a founder what else do you need to feel superior than anyone 

Edited by (PS4)geraldy19

As a veteran player (Master Founder as well, though my rank is only eleven due to frequent, lengthy breaks from the game)...I disagree. This is one of those 'BUT WHERE'S THE PRESTIGE' suggestions, where the purpose boils down to "How can I show off my seniority? I spent money, how do I wave it around?" 

Founder status is nothing. I had more money, and I spent it, and now I'm a Master Founder. OH LOOK HOW SUPERIOR I AM - wait, no, that was just my money. I gave money, got a status. Whoop-de-friggin'-doo. Feel superior? Why? I could've been a Grandmaster Founder without ever actually playing the game. So superior. Much skill. Very wow.

Mastery Rank is closer to being something, as it represents experience. Past a certain point, it's currently useless, yes - but they're always adding new gear, and some of the gear they add has a higher MR. It's a treadmill, and that's all. It's just a way to gate content to some degree, and the content gated is your reward.

only thing i want is REALLY interesting weapons obtainable at higher mastery levels... and there better be a BFG at mastery 30 :P 5 ammo and no pick ups :P

i can easily make a new account and have only the frames/weapons/mods i use and if i buy things with plat i can have OP Mr1 character :P high MR has no meaning other then daily standings and trades

Like for an example:

Like....

I'm a Master Founder, MR19 and a few more stuff away to level up to achieve maximum amount mastery I possibly can but I ain't that special....

go away.....

Haha great joke thread, really captures the feeling of entitlement of some of the posts that have been around with the whole strun wraith release.

Or you are actually serious... in which case yes please, have all the game and the forums all just for you, so no one else has to put up with this BS.

This is what I read.

People like me should have stuff that people that aren't me don't

Like for an example:

A weapon/cosmetic/FULL WARFRAME (EXCLUSIVE FRAME, Like my EXCALIBUR PRIME WHICH IS ALREADY EXCLUSIVE) special item thingy for MR15 players and above only! Because the classism we already have isn't enough!

Like....

I'm a Master Founder, MR19 and special

Like damn, once you achieve MR8, there's nothing forcing you to go further, which is perfectly ok.

what I'm trying to state is that, a method/way/something should be implemented into game where it will make it super easy and extremely clear to differentiate People that aren't Me and ME!.

I think this topic had been brought up a few times before, but hey, time to bring it up again LOL

i-am-not-special-im-just-limited-edition

They are adding special things with mastery rank, they mentioned this in a previous livestream. Not to mention this idea already exists.

Extractors, loadouts, weapons locked by rank, etc.

9 posts, yet you find reason to use your Founder status (WHICH GIVES EXCLUSIVES) as some reason for us to agree with you. I'd say someone who joined and put no money into the game (to the developers) yet assists the forums and region chat should get the treatment you're hoping for. You're not special, they are.

I really liked that part where you said "I'm not special" then proceeded to explain why you should be treated differently. Hiding it behind "15MR and up" doesn't help your case.

Loadouts are nothing special I don't even use them.

However, some weapons need to be MR locked. Currently Prime weapons need an MR lock. Maybe at MR8-9 for high-end and MR6 for mid level Prime gear. Too many Rhino Prime / Boltor Prime combo MR2 guys running around.

I would love instead to have a system with special alerts scaling off your MR, something maybe like one alert per week or per day that is harder the higher MR you have, some sort of challenge alert. Or something along this lines.

This is actually the only decent suggestion in this thread -- wait, make that "the only actual suggestion in this thread."

inb4 lock for flaming

Edited by S7ORM

While I can say I'm especially thrilled with the tone of the post, the thought that keeps occurring to me is "We have things you can't do until you're mastery 2, or 5, or 9.  Why, exactly, shouldn't there be things that are unavailable until mastery 15 or 16 or 19 or whatever?"

While I can say I'm especially thrilled with the tone of the post, the thought that keeps occurring to me is "We have things you can't do until you're mastery 2, or 5, or 9.  Why, exactly, shouldn't there be things that are unavailable until mastery 15 or 16 or 19 or whatever?"

exaactly what i think, the tone sucks, but higher tier weapons locked in MR that do interesting things would be amazing. Everything is just bubbling around the same Mr's over and over.

Edited by OvAeons

why? Its because 90% or more of the weapons are collectible items, when compared to end game weapons, those weapons are completely useless. Leveling those useless weapons is what collectors do, for the rest of us its just a waste of time and ignore it altogether. That means climbing to a higher MR rank is not possible, unless you want to waste ur time.

why? Its because 90% or more of the weapons are collectible items, when compared to end game weapons, those weapons are completely useless. Leveling those useless weapons is what collectors do, for the rest of us its just a waste of time and ignore it altogether. That means climbing to a higher MR rank is not possible, unless you want to waste ur time.

That actually suggests heavily that those 'end game' weapons you're talking about are what should be moved to restricted to high mastery ranks.

Either way though, that's a description of how things are without anything limited to higher mastery, not an argument against it.  Adding in things only accessible at the higher mastery rank removes the 'wasting ur time'.

Edited by Phatose

That actually suggests heavily that those 'end game' weapons you're talking about are what should be moved to restricted to high mastery ranks.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, because there is no proper weapon tier system. Locking end game  weapons for higher master rank will not only block out content for a significant population, it will also piss off the players for being forced into using rubbish weapons just for the sake of lvling them to max level and throwing them into the storage. Its just a silly idea.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, because there is no proper weapon tier system. Locking end game  weapons for higher master rank will not only block out content for a significant population, it will also &!$$ off the players for being forced into using rubbish weapons just for the sake of lvling them to max level and throwing them into the storage. Its just a silly idea.

I'd say your mistaking the effects of having end game weapons available to low mastery for it's cause:  There is no tier system largely because extremely powerful weapons are available early on, making tiering hopeless.

You have higher rep and trade caps.

There are MR locks but 9 is the top. I think its a bit unfair to have things require higher than that.

Unfair how exactly?  Why is requiring mastery 9 for something AOK, but requiring mastery 10 not?