Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Understand Why So Many People Are Drawn To Karak Wraith, But I Really Don't Care.

Brynslustafir

TO ME, It looks way much better than the Dera Vandal.

DeraVandal.pngKarakWraith.png

Where did you get these?

Also I personally hate the black/red look on wraith weapons, as they clash a lot with my colour setups, while Vandals seem to go with all of my setups. Dera Vandal is looking fiiiiiine~!

Edited by Sorez

I don't really care who wins. As the OP said, regardless of the winner, we all get a cool gun. I just wish people would stop trying to draw out the event. More battles = more chances for cores/potatoes.

#teamgreed

He's speaking, I assume, from the perspective of someone who has not switched sides once.  The lack of mercenary disloyalty objectively earns less rewards than the mercenaries, due to Alad's (until recently) inferior rewards.

Obviously, the mercs didn't get screwed at all during this event.  They get the best rewards from both sides, and still get the winning weapon.

So basically.... they want to "live by a code" yet reap the same rewards as someone who is more influenced by greed and represents the opposite of their so called "morality"? Yeah, that's why this whole thing is so amusing and so silly.... can't take such contradictory behaviour seriously, and the only thing they do is whine to get both the cake and the money

No matter who wins, we get a new PBR-ified, limited edition weapon with improved stats over the original, likely with a free potato.

Besides, the other weapon will appear in another event or tac-alert. It's not like DE's just going to trash it.

I also can't undertand why so many people are so angry over this. It's not like gradivus where one side had a clear unfair advantage right from the start, it's just that more people want Reward X instead of Reward Y. 

So instead of geting all salty over not getting our ideal reward, how about we say "Thanks for the free, limited edition weapon". 

Because it was a one sided fight where the Dera was gauranteed to loose and when that changed, the Karak people felt like the devs were rigging it. Personally, I'm angry because this is a game that's primary focus is co-op and an event that forces competition should have never happened in the first place. Competition belongs in conclave, leave it the hell there. The event should have been one unified goal with one reward.

But beyond the whole competition crap, I will never use a Wraith weapon beyond leveling and putting back in the vault. Can't stand black and red and I don't like the Karak to begin with. Vandal weapons, on the other hand, I could actually see myself using and I enjoy my normal Dera. The Strun Wraith was first released in 2013 and took them almost 2 years for them to bring it back. I don't want to wait 2 damn years for a weapon I would actually use to come around again.

Edited by Ceryk

I think it's firing mechanics and backstory.

The Dera's firing mechanics are terrible, as for the karak, felt more like a real gun. Maybe if it was a tetra vandal instead, we'd actually be split evenly.

Lotsa people love the redveil stuff, Strun wraith being re-obtainable doesn't help either lmfao. Vandal barely has a backstory to it.

I applaud your sentiment :)

Edited by Epicagemo

No matter who wins, we get a new PBR-ified, limited edition weapon with improved stats over the original, likely with a free potato.

So instead of geting all salty over not getting our ideal reward, how about we say "Thanks for the free, limited edition weapon". 

Good stuff, OP.

i want dera vandal, it looks awsome, they should just gives both weapons, even if one side just looses

I think they need to put any end to the event and give us both as an apology for running an even more outrage inducing event as the previous one. Yeah, the actual gameplay doesn't suck like the last one, but a good portion of the community is clearly infuriated by how this event is turning out. If they wanted to do a competitive event, they should have made a Conclave Event that gives out Conclave exclusive rewards.

The losing side's weapon will come back as a reward for another event.

Yeah, sure. In 2 years. That's about how long it took for the Strun Wraith to return. They'll bring back other weapons before they get back to these weapons. And to be quite frank, the Dera Vandal is probably the first event weapon I've ever even considered using beyond leveling and shelving. Waiting 2 years for a weapon I might actually use is not cool. And for the record, no, If the Dera side happens to win, I don't think it's anymore fair for the people who wanted the Karak to wait 2 years to get it either. They should have never allowed this travesty of an event to happen. One goal, One Reward. This is a Co-Op centric game, not Call of Duty.

Edited by Ceryk

The outcome of this event was determined the moment rewards where announced; putting one of the worst guns in game vs another that is far far FAR better means salad wins automatically. This was either done by mistake or it was planned; my bet is, it was planned; dera is such a crappy gun so ofc most will want the karak instead. 

Edited by fizbit

The outcome of this event was determined the moment rewards where announced; putting one of the worst guns in game vs another that is far far FAR better means salad wins automatically. This was either done by mistake or it was planned; my bet is, it was planned; dera is such a crappy gun so ofc most will want the karak instead. 

You're making out the Karak to be some sort of god-tier weapon. Dera isn't even that bad. Granted it was better prior to damage 2.0.

Not saying the karak is a god tier weapon, no what I am saying is that it is better than dera in looks and performance to most people; the winner is a no contest. If rewards were swapped, people would be slagging on salad instead of nef and that's the chips truth.

Edited by fizbit

The way i see it is that.

Karak = Easy and dependable. Not much of a learning curve to perfect. Run of the mill weapon that mimic's a standard AR-15 platform. Most people like its simplicity

Dera = Different and unusual. A bit of a learning curve in regards to the projectile speed as a lot of people are put off by this. Not a typical reskin. More rewarding to use in my opinion.

Personally Ill take the Dera any day over the Karak due to the different play style(Ignoring the stats) and I hate Alad V and anything to do with him.

Yeah, sure. In 2 years. That's about how long it took for the Strun Wraith to return. They'll bring back other weapons before they get back to these weapons. And to be quite frank, the Dera Vandal is probably the first event weapon I've ever even considered using beyond leveling and shelving. Waiting 2 years for a weapon I might actually use is not cool. And for the record, no, If the Dera side happens to win, I don't think it's anymore fair for the people who wanted the Karak to wait 2 years to get it either. They should have never allowed this travesty of an event to happen. One goal, One Reward. This is a Co-Op centric game, not Call of Duty.

Whoa, not two years! More like 7 months! The last time a two-way Wraith/Vandal reward was offered was the Gradivus Dilemma (Machete Wraith vs Prova Vandal), and the Wraith won. 7 months later, Prova Vandal resurfaced as a reward in Breeding Grounds. The two-year wait might be for recycled Wraith/Vandals, so we could expect two years before Karak Wraith/Dera Vandal returns, whichever wins

Edited by Xandis

TO ME, It looks way much better than the Dera Vandal.

DeraVandal.pngKarakWraith.png

That picture of the Dera Vandal just made me so much more okay with the possibility of Alad losing. I mean, I love the Karak Wraith and I really want one, but if we get the Dera and it looks as sexy as that then the compromise is justified. Slightly. 

The way i see it is that.

Karak = Easy and dependable. Not much of a learning curve to perfect. Run of the mill weapon that mimic's a standard AR-15 platform. Most people like its simplicity

Dera = Different and unusual. A bit of a learning curve in regards to the projectile speed as a lot of people are put off by this. Not a typical reskin. More rewarding to use in my opinion.

Personally Ill take the Dera any day over the Karak due to the different play style(Ignoring the stats) and I hate Alad V and anything to do with him.

Thats a cool opinion you have there sir.

But the karak is cool thats why people are going after it so hard. but they both are very typical reskins dont even say that