The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu Bow Need Buff Or Something

thecamilosuport

If they won't make it faster, then it needs a damage buff to make it worth the wait while your teammate kills whatever you were aiming at.  That way maybe I'll be able to quickly switch the next target before my teammate gets a chance to kill it.

Or I can just go back to King Dread.  Or you know..a real weapon :^3

Edit:  Also people on the forum believe being a status bow means anything of importance.  Ignore them.  Oh that wasn't nice was it?  I'm sorry but judging from playing with people in various missions with Daikyu, status meant nothing in regards to assisting the team.   But hey lie to yourself for self gratification.  

Edited by Ishki88

I'd be fine with its draw speed if it had more than .2m punch through. That's just the nad-kicker right there.

Give it more punch through innate. Leave the rest alone. Its actual damage functionality is fine, with the exception of that stupid-low punch through.

o 3o

I'd say* that while it probably shouldn't have an adjustment to crit-chance** or status***, it should definitely have the highest innate-charged-punchthrough of all bows. (Higher than its current 1.0m -- I'd say a target of 2.5m)

Reasoning:

With a mechanic which specifically emphasizes just how difficult it is to draw-back (slow fire-speed), coupled with the singularly-unique limiting-factor that it is "unable to indefinitely sustain a full-draw" -- it automatically resets the full-charge after 5 seconds -- I'd say that logic dictates that when it does fire, it packs one helluva punch behind that arrowhead. And the best way to express that would be giving it much higher punchthrough than other bows.

*without having used it myself, but with having read-up on what it's derived from. (Its name and design are identical to that of a specific style of Japanese longbow.)

**Its construction emphasizes piercing-power and accuracy; not causing damage from a jagged-gash wound.

***A 45% status chance for a bow is pretty damn impressive. Seriously, this part doesn't need a buff. Or a nerf.

Daikyu seems to do fairly well with just about every enemy on the star chart. One shotting lvl 35 corpus without any forma spent isn't half bad.

Void is a different story, since the scaling there is stupid.

I put 5 forma into mine. It's OK, but the requirement of going to full draw kind of kills it for me. It's essentially in the same boat as the Lanka; damage is OK for mid-level content, it's fun to use on stealth runs, but the lack of real hitting power and the charge-up time heavily limits what you can do against higher-level enemies.

I really don't see the reason using it over all the other bows. The Daikyu have a really high status chance, and i don't see why you need that on a bow that should be one shoting most enemies, especially on a bow with a really long drawback time. I mean, why should i use a 100% bow when i can use a fully automatic Braton prime with the capability of 90% status chance or Boar prime with 100%?

The only thing that bothers me, is the one arm is shorter than the other one

You know it's file name is something like "asymmetricalbow" as well as being based off of one. From it's inception it was meant to be.

Edit:  Also people on the forum believe being a status bow means anything of importance.  Ignore them.  Oh that wasn't nice was it?  I'm sorry but judging from playing with people in various missions with Daikyu, status meant nothing in regards to assisting the team.   But hey lie to yourself for self gratification.  

So are you saying you're basing this feedback on watching random people with Daikyu's?

Edited by Shinsoku

I don't understand how people can say "status bow" with a straight face.  It's a slow firing weapon.  The only status it should be causing is death.

I can understand a status version of our grenade/missile launcher line, because you can AoE proc.  I can understand status melee, because unless you're stealthing you're gonna be hacking away at things for a while and softening them up with viral/corrosive/blast/etc. isn't a half bad idea.  But a status bow?  Really.

I don't understand how people can say "status bow" with a straight face.  It's a slow firing weapon.  The only status it should be causing is death.

I can understand a status version of our grenade/missile launcher line, because you can AoE proc.  I can understand status melee, because unless you're stealthing you're gonna be hacking away at things for a while and softening them up with viral/corrosive/blast/etc. isn't a half bad idea.  But a status bow?  Really.

Why not? Bows have innate punchthrough and can hit several enemies with a single arrow.

Not saying Daikyu does or doesn't need a buff, but dismissing the weapon because it's status based is silly IMO.

Why do all bows have to be one hit kill crit monsters?

Oh that wasn't nice was it?  I'm sorry but judging from playing with people in various missions with Daikyu, status meant nothing in regards to assisting the team.   But hey lie to yourself for self gratification.  

51ac0906b11d3497e492a3f24feba2d18988a4dc

Edited by AXCrusnik

Daikyu is fine. You cannot compare it to the Paris Prime or Dread, those are Primes (Dread is probably Orokin-Tech or derived from it, depending on who Stalker actually is).

A Daikyu Prime though... that sounds awesome. But we will probably have to be patient with that one.

No thanks for a prime , just an advanced tips for DE , if you want to not sell again Prime Access include Daikyu Prime to the prime access bundle :D 

This weapon is weak and slow , unless you put potato and many forma , but the problem is that you can't hold the bow ready to attack since it auto cancel the charge after a few second , also while you charge only one arrow someone with a standar weapon even the MK-1 Braton will clean the whole maps while you charge one arrow...

Daikyu is fine ive killed 7 enemies in 1 shot (around level 30) with it. With the right set up it doesn't need to be changed its balanced. i like the status chance on it if i dont one shot i put a proc on them (usually blast). if you want to shoot faster use a gun.

Daikyu is fine ive killed 7 enemies in 1 shot (around level 30) with it.

So the Daikyu is fine because it has punch through and can hit multiple enemies, like every other bow or weapon with punch through?

An Mk1-Paris can achieve a higher sustainable DPS than the Daikyu. The problem is that Crit bows are very simple to build for and damage only skyrockets with forma and more damage mods, combined with their very fast charge rate. The Daikyus potential caps out very quickly. Status, as a mechanic, can't touch crits, on such a slow firing weapon with IPS dilution. It's design goes against most everything that makes Status weapons viable. (High firerate, large numbers of damage ticks, large numbers of projectiles, elemental based damage, etc)

90% chance of two projectiles max, with a forced slow charge rate, and IPS dilution does not a status weapon make. Dismissing it as a status weapon is actually very easy.

Edited by Charismo

So the Daikyu is fine because it has punch through and can hit multiple enemies, like every other bow or weapon with punch through?

nope its fine because it has much more damage then any other bow, That punch through is well above the other bows. It has less drop then the other bows. high status chance to help with damaging the enemies slow draw that balances the weapon but can overcome with fire rate. Daikyu can do up to 200k easily and possibly more.

Sure the other bows have a higher sustainable dps but where would you use that? i have seen on rare occasions people bringing bows to defences and such but you wont get many kills when others have rifles or faster weapons. so having a higher sustainable dps argument is invalid. They are a single shot weapon that you carefully aim to hit its weak point for maximum damage (like a head). 

Do you even know about bows and sniper rifles? or are you Legolas?

As for the status chance Daikyu can do 100% per arrow with the element that the target is weak against giving it a huge damage bonus that can match crit. I dont see how this weapon goes against what makes status weapons viable.

Edited by krsnik666

Why not? Bows have innate punchthrough and can hit several enemies with a single arrow.

Not saying Daikyu does or doesn't need a buff, but dismissing the weapon because it's status based is silly IMO.

Why do all bows have to be one hit kill crit monsters?

51ac0906b11d3497e492a3f24feba2d18988a4dc

Hey it's true.  I've been playing enough to test things with my eyes.  But I have took the the Daikyu to Simaris over 50 times literally.  I've tried all combinations.  For example if you happen to proc viral, the charge time in itself makes that Viral proc pointless.  You literally have to put all speed mods on to really have the benefits show.  But those test mean nothing, why?  Because in a real mission, those enemies will die before your arrow even leaves your hand.  And you can't blame your team at all.  BUT when you do finally get your 7 hit kill with 1 bow boy DOES IT FEEL GOOD.   

This bow is really meant for solo and being a *giggles* "support" Tenno.  The bleed procs are NASTY if you're using -----------

For right now, if you have l33t 360noscope aim due to other games, I would suggest putting 5 forma in....that's the requirement honestly...from there you can hold your own.....every now n then your teammates WILL kill your targets..which is fine you guys are a team..but YOU know deep down inside you're SALTY

It really doesn't need any buffs. The problem with bows is that the Dread has outclassed every bow (debatable on the Paris Prime) to such an extent that any bow released will be compaired to and fall short of it.

The status aspect of it allows for very common gas/shock procs for the aoe damage which pairs nice with the high physical damage. Also the no drop off and faster flight speed allows for minimal effort headshots.

If it needs any buffs then it should be higher innate punchthrough. It does not need to compete with the Dread or Paris Prime, if anything the Dread and Paris Prime need to be nerfed.

The only thing that bothers me, is the one arm is shorter than the other one

Thats actually accurate to the bow it references to.

As for the status chance Daikyu can do 100% per arrow with the element that the target is weak against giving it a huge damage bonus that can match crit. I dont see how this weapon goes against what makes status weapons viable.

Okay, I'm gonna lay some math down here. Like I have been doing since this weapons release...

To start, a few principles;

Impact/Puncture/Slash are balanced stat-proc wise, based on percent of total damage. This is good and mathematical. It makes Spock a happy Vulcan.

Elemental procs are not weighted against total percent of damage, instead being given a straight percentage to happen instead of a physical proc. This makes Spock cry glorious Vulcan tears.

With one or two elemental mods equipped, you add one element to the IPS for a chance at being procced. 1/4=.25 A twenty five percent chance, with IPS's 75% being split unevenly amongst it's three components.

Add another element? That's 1/5=.20=20%

Your "status bow" has either a 25% or a 20% chance of proccing one of the elements you've built it for.

This means, to guarantee a status in a mathematically ideal environment, would take 4-5 shots, each of which takes about 2 seconds.

The Daikyu takes 8-10 seconds to do the status proc you want.

In conclusion;

A 100% CHANCE OF A 20% CHANCE IS STILL A BLOODY 20% CHANCE.

8-10 SECONDS BETWEEN STATUS PROCS YOU WANT IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE STATUS WEAPON.

Thank you.

It really doesn't need any buffs. The problem with bows is that the Dread has outclassed every bow (debatable on the Paris Prime) to such an extent that any bow released will be compaired to and fall short of it.

Incorrect. The MK1 Paris outclasses Daikyu for sustained DPS. Forget dread exists. Forget Paris Prime Exists. Of Paris, Cernos, MK1 Paris, and Daikyu. Daikyu does the least DPS.

The "Long bow" has LESS damage potential than the first bow.

A Tenno fresh out of the tutorial has a better bow than this Clan-tech bow.

I do not know how else to phrase this, but you people are not advocating diversity. You're saying it's okay for DE to make mastery fodder.

Incorrect. The MK1 Paris outclasses Daikyu for sustained DPS. Forget dread exists. Forget Paris Prime Exists. Of Paris, Cernos, MK1 Paris, and Daikyu. Daikyu does the least DPS.

The "Long bow" has LESS damage potential than the first bow.

A Tenno fresh out of the tutorial has a better bow than this Clan-tech bow.

I do not know how else to phrase this, but you people are not advocating diversity. You're saying it's okay for DE to make mastery fodder.

Sustained DPS is not the only thing that makes a weapon.

Also, the term 'mastery fodder' is such a stupid term this community throws around. The only thing that makes a weapon 'mastery fodder' is that you, the player, does not want to use it but you want the mastery exp from it. A weapon is not fodder because it is bad, situational, or ineffective. They are fodder because you don't want to use/keep it.