Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Tenno Leader Possibility

I've been seeing a lot of posts about choosing a new leader to follow, and this got me thinking a little bit: instead of having someone with no combat experience just sending us out killing people or capturing someone with no idea of what we got out of em, why not have a tenno leader be an option to choose as a new leader? 

you can put this into a 2-quest type scenario: the lotus finds a very important tenno figure and his guards still in their cyro pods in corpus hands, and she sends you to rescue them. you later find out that this very important tenno figure is actually a high ranking tenno commander that fought during the old war. the tenno commander stays behind once rescued to recover and after a few missions, finds the lotus's ways of doing things too slow and doesn't resemble tenno superiority. 

in response, he defects and gives you the option to join him to begin the quest to assert tenno superiority over the system. his goal is to wipe out the grineer and corpus by taking out their leaders and forcing them to bow before tenno authority. 

by choosing his side, his side of quests are more assertive and direct towards the grineer and corpus rather than maintaining balance between two fascist factions by taking out lieutenants and officers or prototypes. 

I've seen some posts saying that the devs plan to allow us to kill the grineer queens in the near future(possibly a raid) and i think having a more direct and military figure activate that raid/quest rather than the lotus sending us to do it. 

i dont hate the lotus, i just would like a different option to choose to see a different result to me fighting the factions ya know? and the reason why i think the tenno should be a commander, is because one of the customization capes/zabba dooba zeeba things states that it was once worn by high ranking tenno. so that leads me to believe that the tenno once held a rank during the old war. 

just a thought and something that i liked. lol thoughts?

The Lotus has been confirmed as canonically good and our ally, and with all the time they have spent putting into her lines and character, including having Rebecca from the DE team voice her, that it's extremely unlikely the Tenno will ever have another leader. 

Lotus is like the concerned mother figure of the Tenno, sometimes you find it annoying, especially when she is telling you to go to extraction instead of fighting the Grustrag Three, when you want the loot. And then getting exasperatedly annoyed with you for not following orders. 

But like all moms, you know in the end she is only concerned about you and always has your back. What would we do without the Lotus? She is basically parent to the Tenno. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

But like all moms, you know in the end she is only concerned about you and always has your back. What would we do without the Lotus? She is basically parent to the Tenno. 

If I was to base the response to that off what the majority of players seem to do?

Burn the entire system to the ground in the pursuit of loot without thought to the final consequences of their actions. Absolutely nothing left but wreckage and the dying embers of civilization as they begin fighting amongst themselves for scraps or retreat to cryo sleep again.

Only ONE could fill in such a position...

THE STALKER!

Yeah I said it... (runs and takes cover from the angry mob of loyalist)

That being said I think we really don't know enough about the Lotus to actually role her out as not being a capable military leader/fighter...etc.

Or who know maybe the Orokin "Neural Sentry" that control the Corrupted in the Towers is the twin sister/brother... a Prime version of the Lotus who embodies all the opposite she stands for, and will eventually make his Golden Prime Corrupted appearance someday!

Also we have syndicates, if anything if we get an option we be getting our briefing from them...

But having option in a games is always good.

idd like to work for steel meridian and help people by destroing both corpus and greneer and infested and aliens.

Also Steel Meridian chick got character.

Maybe after more lore about lotus is revealed she gets more intresting now shes really bland, but thats probably because i dont know nothing about her.

Also why the cleavage ? is it smthg towards teen boys?

Myself and my Tenno's  only serve the Arbiters of Hexis and Suda and when he needs me Simaris.

Lotus is nothing but an AI courier!, For information, guidelines and Money!

What Teshin said about the Lotus is what my Tenno agree with, and we don't "follow" him, we Idolize him, him and our Orokin bothers and sisters, that foolish Tenno that became Murderers!

The Stalker, knows and understands everything, He don't Hunt me, He HUNTS WITH ME! 

Simply put, it's not feasible to replace the mission narrator. There is a _lot_ of generic dialogue Where the Lotus instructs the Tenno/Player in basic understanding of game concepts. This dialogue load only grows as new content is added. To double that historical _and_ ongoing load is fiscal madness, never _ever_ add a work multiplier.

It's a heavy historical VO workload and a doubling of future VO load, for minimal return (and artificial player choice) It also splits the player base. 

No, it's a bad idea, both in and out of game.

Edited by SilentMobius

Simply put, it's not feasible to replace the mission narrator. There is a _lot_ of generic dialogue Where the Lotus instructs the Tenno/Player in basic understanding of game concepts. This dialogue load only grows as new content is added. To double that historical _and_ ongoing load is fiscal madness, never _ever_ add a work multiplier.

It's a heavy historical VO workload and a doubling of future VO load, for minimal return (and artificial player choice) It also splits the player base. 

No, it's a bad idea, both in and out of game.

yeah i didnt actually think it would happen im just little dissapoint with her being so neutral but its needed because people have different tastes so they made her bland/neutral so shes kinda in the middle of evrithing.

yeah i didnt actually think it would happen im just little dissapoint with her being so neutral but its needed because people have different tastes so they made her bland/neutral so shes kinda in the middle of evrithing.

Indeed, it's perfectly feasible to have different narrators for specific, "branded" missions but to duplicate everything wholesale? not going to happen.

This again?

Look, Tenno aren't there for supremacy. As awesome as we are we're just spec ops. We can't hold out, let alone conquer the empires with their virtually infinite resources against our limited one.

So although the concept is pretty nice I have to say no. 

And how do you know the Lotus has no combat experience?

The OP also said that we should have a leader who actually fights, but she does. [DE]Rebecca is The Lotus, and [DE]Rebecca plays Warframe. Therefore Lotus fights with us and has combat experience, making her perfectly qualified to be leader. Q.E.D.

Yes! Rebecca need a special frame for her to play ( Lotus frame? )-

Long life for our khaleesi-