Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf/remove Greedy Pull Please (With Ideas)

Ironlixivium

It's causing massive spam-camping problems, allowing people to using channeling abilities longer than the afk timer. It's kinda breaking the game. :/

If you don't want to remove it, then please make location-locked channeling abilities disable energy pickups, or better yet make greedy pull client side only after all it IS called "greedy pull" not "team energy restore pull"

Clarification:

Just to clarify, I have no real issue with camping, it's spam-camping that's the problem.

Camping is where you fortify yourselves at the pod.

Spam camping is where you press one or two buttons while you pretend you're playing the game :/

Other Clarification:

The reason gmag should be nerfed, and not every support ever, like you sarcastic commentators tend to suggest, is that gmag allows for insane amounts of mindless spamming. Nekros, Trin, Hydroid, and all the other support frames do not. Extra loot? you still have to go pick it up, so it's not comparable. Trinity doesn't work on channeling abilities, so she's not a gmag replacement either.

Please, I'm not attacking a random spam-camp enabler, I'm attempting to fix the biggest spam-camp enabler.

Others' Ideas:

• Make GP not pull energy orbs

Edit: clarified stuff....again....

Edited by Ironlixivium

Nerf GP not able to pull Orbs anymore. Camping problem solved........ then they will say H > T4Sur Need player with 500 energy restore gear

Lol, I'll add that to the OP.

Also, energy restores and trin don't work with most channeling abilities.

I feel like the camping issues are solved by the harsh AFK checks to be honest.

I mean let's be honest here. The root of the problem was AFK farming which is still doable but with a more in depth macro.

But apparently once one thing is changed/nerfed it isn't enough to just stop there. This is a PVE game were the only difficulty or challenge is in endless missions. And coincidentally enough, staying in one place, safely, is the most efficient and smartest way of going about these missions.

I mean, after Greedy Pull is nerfed what's the next thing people are going to want nerfed? Saryn, Mesa, Mag and Hydroid. It because of bogus nerfs that the fun gets stripped from the game and it turns into one of the worst grinds around.

Edited by Gravalite

I feel like the camping issues are solved by the harsh AFK checks to be honest.

riiiiight...that's why we have all these people complaining that they lost their reward and that the afk system should be fixed.

It's not the afk system that needs fixing, its exploits like this.

but you can spam 6 Energy Restores and go straight back to the ability

That costs resources though, and doing that every 2-3 minutes won't last long. Gmag is free, and works while the ability is in use.

Edited by Ironlixivium

riiiiight...that's why we have all these people complaining that they lost their reward and that the afk system should be fixed.

Imo its not the afk system that needs fixing, its exploits like this.

I don't think the AFK system needs to be fixed. It pressures people to make sure they are actually paying attention to the game. But if you think that this is an exploit that's actually laughable. All that needs to be done is the same to Mesa as was done to Banshee. Made unable to pick up orbs while channeling. That's it.

i can move 1 step forward, 1 step backward put an energy cake on the ground, wait 59 seconds and repeat.

EV Trin works just fine, like greedy mag does, too.

where is the problem again?

I've already explained this.

Restores don't work on players in abilities like absorb, soundquake, peacemaker, etc.

Neither does EV.

Gmag does.

This timer is 5 minutes, not one minute, longer than any channeling ability can last without exploits like a support Gmag

Edited by Ironlixivium

I quite like the whole "make Greedy Pull only effect Mag's loot" idea that's been floating around. It is called GREEDY pull after all.

Well, I got some news for ya buddy! Mag is just as effective at killing everything as Excal was before he was nerfed and hardly anyone realizes it. It would be very easy for a Mag to kill everything with crush, pull their own loot and then rinse and repeat. What's worse is there's a client side with Mag that's been present since U16 launched that takes that issue to a whole new level!

See this thread. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/464531-magcrush-natural-talent-busted/#entry5168685

CAMPING CAN NOT BE SOLVED BY REMOVING GREEDY PULL. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT ONE UTILITY MOD THAT ALLOWS YOU STAY STATIONARY.

Really does this need another thread? How do people not just understand that it is completely pointless complaining about this. 

'y u liek dis bein so mad and not tihnking of solutoin ???'

Simple. It is Utility Mod for a CC skill that YES supports camping. But really every person that is complaining about greedy pull has not giving a solid argument against it yet then that it is not fun in their eyes.

Camping is not fun? You don't like being stationary? Okay. Don't do it. Don't take Mag with the augment. Do not take a mesa fully built on her ulti. Do not take a Frost that is using globe. Do not take a Volt using shields. And the entire idea of Vauban probably should not have added to the game if you don't like camping. No one is forcing you to play this way, do not do it if you dont want to. Even tho a lot of people do it it is really not the only way you can play the game.

I'm very sorry if I sound rude. But the amount of complaints from people without actually giving a valid argument or even an argument at all is way too high and I can't stand it. It's not gamebreaking, it's a nice utility.

Edit: Sorry, I realize I was bashing it more then replying in even a slightly helpfull manner. Still my mind is set on ehwat I just said.
However I truly believe that the 'issue' being discussed has nothing to do with any frame  but with the energy/efficiency system. Otherwise a change that would be doable for me is not being able to pick up energy orbs (or loot at all) while channeling abilities, and you'd have to pop out of your channeling ability to pick up the little treasure pile. Personally for me that is something I could live with without actually killing 70% of what makes the entire augment usefull. As I like going STR+GP Mag and actually use it to fuel myself while murdering a bunch of corrupted/corpus at a fast rate so I do not run out of energy. That's how it is used as well.

Edited by Meioti

Less QQ more pew pew. They're 50 other threads out here that you could of added to instead of making a new one. If the game developers want to remove it they will. If they don't they won't.

That's fine.

-snip-

70% of what makes it useful?  The only thing that should be removed is ONLY beneficial for camping. Other than the user mag (who would use it for selfish, GREEDY reasons, the only way it helps the squad is if they want to camp.

While I'm fully aware that this mod won't solving spam camping altogether, I'm also aware that greedy mag enables many, many squads to spam camp. DE wants people to actually play the game. This is one step towards that.

Edited by Ironlixivium

So without GP you actually expect many squads to become unable to camp? What I understand here is that you for personal reason want camping completely removed because you just happen to not like it. And yes 70% of what makes it usefull, if it wouldn't be bringing you energy so many people would stop using it (including me even tho I love Mag as an overall frame), I like being able to drag stuff into my party so they can focus on their jobs and not worry too much about their energy.

Yes she enables many squads to camp. But hell, so do so many other things. Do you want carrier vacuum tweaked as well? I always find it really handy when it picks energy orbs out of the Vortex for me.

Tell me, you want to tackle camping? Please look at a bigger picture then the 1 thing that would absolutely solve nothing about your issue, because there are a lot of frames that would have to go through a lot of changes.

And without camping keep in mind that in a way, it will actually also limit the game in a variety of ways. Because there is no way you're going to be able to run around being all happy while 20+ level 1xx+ corrupted dudes run at you shooting you down with 1 bullet.

By all means, stop looking at 1 ability augment that actually is such a little thing int he very big picture.. 

Edited by Meioti