The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Is Capped On Juggernaut?

Twilight053

Is it just me, or does any damage I deal against the Juggernaut seems to cap at 100? Critically hitting it also still registers it as 100.

The only exception of this case is when I actually shoot at the weakspot, which still caps at 400 (although in this case the crit cap is capped at 1600).

I have a score of 28 and no idea what's up with it's armor. My synoid does only 9 damage per tick while my quanta does 53 and amprex does 100 (even if I just tap, so I'd recommend that). My kara does 9 damage per bullet, so maybe the damage you deal has to do with the status chance? This would make sense, since all damage multipliers do absolutely nothing. Great job on DE's part, though. I was pissed after running that bs capture with the superspeed nullies with cold proccing weapons and this helped me put my mind to something. :D

I have a score of 28 and no idea what's up with it's armor. My synoid does only 9 damage per tick while my quanta does 53 and amprex does 100 (even if I just tap, so I'd recommend that). My kara does 9 damage per bullet, so maybe the damage you deal has to do with the status chance? This would make sense, since all damage multipliers do absolutely nothing. Great job on DE's part, though. I was pissed after running that bs capture with the superspeed nullies with cold proccing weapons and this helped me put my mind to something. :D

And then you feel a god tanking juggy with volt blender mode. It was so fun to have the dual zoren with fury, berseker and an almost 50% crit chance. With volt speed and valkyr war cry fun is just a step away as you literally go nuts. I don't know if there really is a cap at the damage you can do but damn it was fun.

Gotta go fast!

Also...my friend was using nova and she couldn't MP him unlike phorid, so no damage increase from her.

And then you feel a god tanking juggy with volt blender mode. It was so fun to have the dual zoren with fury, berseker and an almost 50% crit chance. With volt speed and valkyr war cry fun is just a step away as you literally go nuts. I don't know if there really is a cap at the damage you can do but damn it was fun.

Gotta go fast!

Also...my friend was using nova and she couldn't MP him unlike phorid, so no damage increase from her.

I used nova to hold him down while my friend and I killed it with torids :D I it slowed him down a ton, but I can say 100% it didn't effect my damage at all. Same with when I tried mirage's eclipse. pretty sure he didn't explode on death either.

BTW, if you wanna see something funny, get your kub to attack the juggernaut, just like when it'll grow to attack large heavies and stuff, you're kub will become MASSIVE to attack the juggernaut. Useless, but it was hilarious during the fight. XD

Edited by Ironlixivium

It seems to have pretty random damage cap. I took Dread and was doing exactly 1108 damage with every arrow. Both crits and red crits, so it's not simple damage reduction, it's a damage cap per hit, otherwise my red crits would still do more damage. Unless he's immune to crits.

This seems to be the case with all of my weapons they simply get capped, how much may depend on the damage type. I'm not sure I like that design. Also, he's unable to shoot upt or down with his abilities so just standing on a ledge while he shoots spikes below you allows you to cheese the thing.

But yeah... if you want to farm just take Mesa, stand on a ledge and Peacemaker the hell out of him. It was doing just around 1200-1400 damage per hit for me, but given the speed it doesn't really matter, it also bypasses the weakspots.

Damage Cap is indeed 2000 guys.

It's not random either.

Go in there with a Scindo Prime and you will see that your regular damage is 2000 as well as your crit damage being 2000 as well.

My melee was not hitting him at all...I kept meshing through his model.

Yes, 2000 is the MAXIMUM damage it can and will do to the Juggernaut. Each weapon has its own damage cap, depending on it's damage? Well at least for instance, my paris prime with only 2 forma, can only deal 1108 damage max, even with red crits, it doesn't go any higher than 1108 damage; could possibly do higher if I forma'd it more.

My melee was not hitting him at all...I kept meshing through his model.

You could use nova to slow it down, shoot it with an impact damage weapon to the top of its back to knock it down, and while it's slowed you're free to damage it, at least that's how I did it. Vaykor Marelok or Strun Wraith can knock it down, but without slow, it gets back up almost instantly.

Edited by saltygr33n

uh, juggernaut-math =) i simply shoot at the sensitive parts and it will fall ... glad we have a boss now which needs a bit effort and brain =))))

It is not a boss and in really high level missions, where it'll probably have a ton of health, a damage cap could make everything really really annoying.

Nice idea, but to me the juggernauth is just a Bullet Sponge 2.0.

It is not a boss and in really high level missions, where it'll probably have a ton of health, a damage cap could make everything really really annoying.

Nice idea, but to me the juggernauth is just a Bullet Sponge 2.0.

Yep, it's a normal unit. Just like bombards, but 100x deadlier.(As I can spawn it in simulation and there is eximus version, they are not a boss but normal unit)

Btw there isn't damage cap, I tried it in simulation, ~1100 damage on lv70 enemy, -1600 damage on Lv 20 enemies. It isn't capped, but the scaling seems B.S. to me.(and lv70 juggernaut will spawn a ton off lv300+ light infested unit)

Don't forget the healer ancients... Its the enemy equivalent of Valkyr + Trinity.

I like it when enemies but up a good fight... But if the thing takes 5 minutes of cheesing and wacking to kill at lvl50, it aint fun, but dull.

Will they seriously implement this thing without nerfing the ancients a bit? (be it spawn rate or removal of the freaking hooks)

That would realy make the infested just one anoying cluster bomb of nope.

Siriously, i would say goodbye to infested at that point, let them eat everything but me.

I used nova to hold him down while my friend and I killed it with torids :D I it slowed him down a ton, but I can say 100% it didn't effect my damage at all. Same with when I tried mirage's eclipse. pretty sure he didn't explode on death either.

BTW, if you wanna see something funny, get your kub to attack the juggernaut, just like when it'll grow to attack large heavies and stuff, you're kub will become MASSIVE to attack the juggernaut. Useless, but it was hilarious during the fight. XD

Omg, you just reminded me to try Switch Teleporting it.

Normally when you switch teleport enemies, their body gets distended at the waist. Works on all enemies that are affected (and Tenno). Though, the Juggernaut seems to be unaffected by a lot of powers, I'm going to try it when I get home.

Damage Cap is indeed 2000 guys.

It's not random either.

Go in there with a Scindo Prime and you will see that your regular damage is 2000 as well as your crit damage being 2000 as well.

Every time I hit it with my melee weapon, I just got a blue "0" no matter where or when I hit it. My Rakta ballistica also did 9 damage on armor and exactly 185 on weak spots for each arrow, regardless of whether the shot was charged or not.

I can't tell if Juggernaut is just ridiculously bugged right now or if DE intended for there to be such a massive disparity between such an arbitrary selection of weapons (where the fight takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 20 minutes depending on what specific gun or frame you're using). If it's the latter, then I have no idea what they intended to accomplish with this.

Can also confirm that the sweet spot damage cap is 2000 and normal is 100. Pretty BS if you ask me since I was like "oh , okay let's melt this fker with my 6 forma'd Opticor" then it hit me "LOL NOPE IT'S CAPPED". So I ended up clawing the thing to death in rage with my Valkyr.

DE's answer to DPS

Bring damage cap and bullet sponge >____>

Weapons: past 100% crit yields nothing above 2k.

Element: Gas (when cp x 4 is being used)

Status: High status weapons maintain damage after weak points are closed.

Powers:

Nova - to prolong exposed critical windows.

Mirage - for constant underside damage with Prism.

Saryn - 2k bursts with Miasma

Recommendations: 4 x Corrosive Projection

Easy Mode:

Mesa - It's dead in 10 seconds