Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Is Missing Something.

GreyEnneract

Oberon's Smite + Reckoning gives him crowd control and enemy debuff though. Honestly, even with energy regen, with energy being a resource I rarely find myself that worried about in most missions, I'd probably rather have the Oberon if he knows how to show is allies health/shields by hitting the "z" key and paying attention. Because he can also provide damage and CC. I'd prefer not to have a specialized healer, but that's just a personal preference. Most people seem to think totally differently than me on that count. I think you are right that the one thing Trin can really do that Oberon can't at all is provide energy, but Oberon doesn't really need to. Because he has crowd control.  

Oberon can do some things heal/protection wise that trinity can't too. With the right build he can slow bleedout timers, turn renewal into either a faster heal or more of a regen over time to keep allies constantly healing, without reaching max. His ability to either lay down a carpet for armor + debuff immunity, or just go low duration and drop it on allies to remove procs. He has amazing utility, people should use him more. 

Actually, I think the one place where Oberon really needs a change is Reckoning, and if energy regen where to be added, I think that should be where. 

Imagine if instead of having a chance for enemies killed by Reckoning to drop a health orb, they had a chance to drop an energy orb instead? I always found the health orbs to be the one useless part of Oberon's ability. If I really needed to heal myself or my team, I have Renewal. And Reckoning's health orbs are rarely enough to make a difference anyways. However, energy scales a little better than health that way. What do you think of that idea? 

Well of Life and Blessing both trump Renewal. Allies won't even be downed, and again, Trinity can give constant Overshield.

I'm fine with Reckoning dropping energy orbs instead of health orbs, however the double aura ability needs to be added either to a current frame or a future frame then.

Well of Life and Blessing both trump Renewal. Allies won't even be downed, and again, Trinity can give constant Overshield.

I'm fine with Reckoning dropping energy orbs instead of health orbs, however the double aura ability needs to be added either to a current frame or a future frame then.

Brainstorming here, but I think just a straight energy regen per sec while standing on Hallowed Ground would be really neat too. 

Double aura ability? I hope that only affects auras that help the players and not hinder the enemy. If it does both, then you will probably see teams of Tenno with two Armor removal auras, 1 healing and 1 energy restore all huddled in an area and locking down the map without a care in the world.

Buffing armor on most frames is useless, but that's more armor scaling's fault than Oberon's.

For trials it wouldn't matter since everyone would have to be standing on his hallowed ground.

The status chance immunity is very nice, and is a good idea.

Since Oberon is the only other frame closest to being a support, he needs to be on par with Trinity, there is no other support frame. Listing that he deals damage is moot because he isn't a damaging frame, you would just bring along a frame suited to dealing damage. Though I should have probably posted this on reddit, since everyone on the official forums think no frame ever needs to be changed, buffed, nerfed, or otherwise.

Actually it would matter in Trials because you're talking about a possible 9.6 e/s (evergy Siphon) or 48 hp/s (with Rejuvenation). Regardless of needing everyone to stand in it it would still be really broken (also Stretch + Overxtended is a thing).

He's on par with Trinity in that he has utility and his heal works better than Trinity's in situations. Trinity needs to stop to cast Blessing every time anyone takes damage where Oberon can cast Renewal and players can continue to take damage and still be healed while Oberon can go shoot things. Renewal also (thought last I saw was glitched) slows down bleedout timers on your allies.

Also if you don't want to hear the opinions of others then reconsider using public forums.

Edited by trst

I think the OP does have a point though, that perhaps the one reason no one ever asks for Oberon over Trinity is because he has no energy restoring options, while Trin does. Even though Oberon has some healing and damage mitigation abilities that are arguably better in some situations, he can't restore energy. 

I think adding an increased chance for a blue orb to drop, instead of red ones, when Oberon kills something with Reckoning, could add that functionality, while taking care of the one basically useless part of Oberon's kit (the red balls that drop from reckoning, seriously, I think the only people who find those useful are using equilibrium, and they don't count because that means they are basically using them as energy orbs anyways). 

Actually it would matter in Trials because you're talking about a possible 9.6 e/s (evergy Siphon) or 48 hp/s (with Rejuvenation). Regardless of needing everyone to stand in it it would still be really broken (also Stretch + Overxtended is a thing).

He's on par with Trinity in that he has utility and his heal works better than Trinity's in situations. Trinity needs to stop to cast Blessing every time anyone takes damage where Oberon can cast Renewal and players can continue to take damage and still be healed while Oberon can go shoot things. Renewal also (thought last I saw was glitched) slows down bleedout timers on your allies.

Also if you don't want to hear the opinions of others then reconsider using public forums.

His heals are hands down not better than Trinity. Renewal stops once they hit max HP, meaning it has to also keep recasting it once that person hits cap and takes damage again less than a second later. 

Even if every single player by a chance miracle stood on the Hallowed ground, it would be a justified buff. Not overpowered at all. You should know by now what level the enemies there are. If you can't use logic you should reconsider using public forums :^)

His heals are hands down not better than Trinity. Renewal stops once they hit max HP, meaning it has to also keep recasting it once that person hits cap and takes damage again less than a second later. 

Even if every single player by a chance miracle stood on the Hallowed ground, it would be a justified buff. Not overpowered at all. You should know by now what level the enemies there are. If you can't use logic you should reconsider using public forums :^)

And untill they hit max hp they continue to regen health for the duration (far better for anyone running a Rage build) as well as removing any lingering status procs once it does heal them to full. Even with Trinity's Blessing your team will still be taking damage after she's cast it. Unless you're running duration Trinity (which is bad for Energy Vampire) the damage resistance on Blessing won't matter.

What miracles are involved in players sitting around a defense objective? Also Hallowed Ground can be casted as many times as Oberon wants and could easily cover an entire map with them assuming he has the energy to do so.

As far as it being op, it would. Even if you disregarded Trials you would still be able to run 2x Corrosive Projection/Shield Disruption to remove 100% armor/96% shields then stack 2x Energy Siphon/Rejuvenation for 2.4 e/12hp/s.

And untill they hit max hp they continue to regen health for the duration (far better for anyone running a Rage build) as well as removing any lingering status procs once it does heal them to full. Even with Trinity's Blessing your team will still be taking damage after she's cast it. Unless you're running duration Trinity (which is bad for Energy Vampire) the damage resistance on Blessing won't matter.

What miracles are involved in players sitting around a defense objective? Also Hallowed Ground can be casted as many times as Oberon wants and could easily cover an entire map with them assuming he has the energy to do so.

As far as it being op, it would. Even if you disregarded Trials you would still be able to run 2x Corrosive Projection/Shield Disruption to remove 100% armor/96% shields then stack 2x Energy Siphon/Rejuvenation for 2.4 e/12hp/s.

You're forgetting about Well of Life completely.

Players in trials are constantly spread out at all times due to how it works, not sure if you've done a raid before though.

Running 2 CP would be fine with anything else. If you think 2.4 energy and 12hp/s is a lot, then there's nothing else I can say to you. 1 shot from any enemy does more than 12hp, throw in fire rate and multiple enemies and you should realize it's not overpowered whatsoever.

Let me get back to beating this dead horse.

um his ult is very useful, and radiantion procs r gr8 m8

The health orbs from the ult are kind of a joke though, as they really don't add much to his natural healing capabilities. I think those should be replaced with a higher energy orb drop chance or something. 

You're forgetting about Well of Life completely.

Players in trials are constantly spread out at all times due to how it works, not sure if you've done a raid before though.

Running 2 CP would be fine with anything else. If you think 2.4 energy and 12hp/s is a lot, then there's nothing else I can say to you. 1 shot from any enemy does more than 12hp, throw in fire rate and multiple enemies and you should realize it's not overpowered whatsoever.

Let me get back to beating this dead horse.

So having a passive regen is worse than going through "Oh sh*t I'm about to die, welp better go find the one enemy with WOL on it so I can shoot it while this Heavy Gunner tries to kill me."

The doubled auras are still being stacked on top of everything else.

If you're running a pure shield build then Renewal will do far less unless you're running Rapid Resilience (which you should because Shield builds without it are terrabad, imo). Any Slash/Toxin procs that chip at your health will be easily healed with even 12hp/s but if you did the 8 Rejuvenation setup then the 48hp/s pretty much makes you invulnerable if you're keeping shields up.

If you're running a health build (especially with Rage) then Renewal is even better. If you go back to the duration Trinity example then it's far worse for Rage builds because the resistance reduces the energy you get.

Also Renewal, again, slows the bleedout timer. Players are going to die regardless of who you bring and Renewal does far more for that than Trinity can.

Trinity will always be taken because players want dat p42w and thats pretty much the only reason more players take Trinity over Oberon. Plus Trinity is simply more easy to play.

So having a passive regen is worse than going through "Oh sh*t I'm about to die, welp better go find the one enemy with WOL on it so I can shoot it while this Heavy Gunner tries to kill me."

The doubled auras are still being stacked on top of everything else.

If you're running a pure shield build then Renewal will do far less unless you're running Rapid Resilience (which you should because Shield builds without it are terrabad, imo). Any Slash/Toxin procs that chip at your health will be easily healed with even 12hp/s but if you did the 8 Rejuvenation setup then the 48hp/s pretty much makes you invulnerable if you're keeping shields up.

If you're running a health build (especially with Rage) then Renewal is even better. If you go back to the duration Trinity example then it's far worse for Rage builds because the resistance reduces the energy you get.

Also Renewal, again, slows the bleedout timer. Players are going to die regardless of who you bring and Renewal does far more for that than Trinity can.

Trinity will always be taken because players want dat p42w and thats pretty much the only reason more players take Trinity over Oberon. Plus Trinity is simply more easy to play.

It'd only be strong if you can indeed keep up shields. With a Trinity players very, very rarely go down.

I think Trinity is in the perfect spot, where nothing on her needs to be nerfed or buffed, which is where I want Oberon and many other frames to be.

I don't think Trinity is exactly easier to play, since the games skill ceiling is low. I don't want energy to be changed since frames are supposed to feel powerful, and I also don't think Trinity should be nerfed. Oberon just needs something else to be on par with her as a support, and maybe the energy regen while on Hallowed Ground/Renewal or Reckoning dropping energy orbs would be better than 2x Aura, however I still think a skill of that nature should be added to Warframe.

It'd only be strong if you can indeed keep up shields. With a Trinity players very, very rarely go down.

I think Trinity is in the perfect spot, where nothing on her needs to be nerfed or buffed, which is where I want Oberon and many other frames to be.

I don't think Trinity is exactly easier to play, since the games skill ceiling is low. I don't want energy to be changed since frames are supposed to feel powerful, and I also don't think Trinity should be nerfed. Oberon just needs something else to be on par with her as a support, and maybe the energy regen while on Hallowed Ground/Renewal or Reckoning dropping energy orbs would be better than 2x Aura, however I still think a skill of that nature should be added to Warframe.

But Trinity needs to then spend most of her time casting Blessing along with Energy Vampire. Mag would do better with shields than her.

I agree that Trinity is in a good spot currently (WoL could probably use a change but its still useful). But you're making the argument that Oberon needs buffs because he's less of a support than Trinity and I'm making the argument that he is as effective.

Easier to play was bad wording on my part and probably should be "easier to be effective". Trinity only 'needs' to cast two abilities where Oberon has three abilities he 'needs' to use. Plus Blessing is an instant heal where Renewal has a travel speed.

I'll also agree with the energy orbs from Reckoning though would also argue for health orbs being guarenteed to drop in addition to it.

Oberon can indeed be just as effective a support as Trinity. Sure his heals are less direct than Trinity and can't restore Shields but simply restoring stats are not the only thing that makes a 'support' frame. Honestly, yes, if stat restoration is the only thing you want from a support then, yes, Oberon is worse than Trinity but then I'd say you're looking at Oberon the wrong way.

I'll also agree with the energy orbs from Reckoning though would also argue for health orbs being guarenteed to drop in addition to it.

That's a good idea, I agree it would probably be better in that form. 

Even if it were just an augment, I think I could easily slot room for it. And the right augment can make a frame suddenly requested (take Gmag or Pilfering Hydroid for example). The right change or even augment could make people take a second look at his skills. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

No because Trials.

Hallowed Ground already does two things Trinity can't. Armor buff and status proc removal and immunity.

Edit: Also the augment for it gives him a chance to deal radiation procs to things in the area (on detonation).

I wouldn't say "chance". The chance is 100% at max rank and no one uses low ranked augments, so yeah.

But Trinity needs to then spend most of her time casting Blessing along with Energy Vampire. Mag would do better with shields than her.

I agree that Trinity is in a good spot currently (WoL could probably use a change but its still useful). But you're making the argument that Oberon needs buffs because he's less of a support than Trinity and I'm making the argument that he is as effective.

Easier to play was bad wording on my part and probably should be "easier to be effective". Trinity only 'needs' to cast two abilities where Oberon has three abilities he 'needs' to use. Plus Blessing is an instant heal where Renewal has a travel speed.

Oberon can indeed be just as effective a support as Trinity. Sure his heals are less direct than Trinity and can't restore Shields but simply restoring stats are not the only thing that makes a 'support' frame. Honestly, yes, if stat restoration is the only thing you want from a support then, yes, Oberon is worse than Trinity but then I'd say you're looking at Oberon the wrong way.

I feel that as a support frame, he isn't as useful in the majority of instances as Trinity. He is however one of the most balanced frames we have currently. Also if Trin is spamming energy vamp, that'd just be her doing her job, lol. Trin also doesn't only restore stats, she almost gives True Defense, a.k.a % damage reduction.

That's a good idea, I agree it would probably be better in that form. 

Even if it were just an augment, I think I could easily slot room for it. And the right augment can make a frame suddenly requested (take Gmag or Pilfering Hydroid for example). The right change or even augment could make people take a second look at his skills. 

I agree. Even though some augments should be on the base skills, while others are just complete garbage.

I'd like an augment for his Reckoning, where every time a health orb drops due to Reckoning, that there is a 100% chance (at max rank) of an energy orb dropping as well. 

I don't think it would be too broken, as Reckoning has to kill stuff to even have a chance at the health orb, and there is only a 50% health orb chance from stuff killed by Reckoning in the first place. So the effective chance of getting an energy orb would only be 50% from kills with Reckoning just like the health orb chance. 

He needs less hooves.

Damn hooves. Can't play him because of hooves. If I wanted to play a character with hooves, I'd play Goat simulator.

What he really needs though, is a little bit less hooves and one, just one, decent looking helmet. Preferably something that will not look like a stag had intimate moments with a face-hugger, while on crack.

*more hooves

Fixed that for you. Hooves forever.

Seriously though: I liked Oberon, but as a rabid collector, ranking other frames took priority... but I would still pull him out, because hybrids can be pretty great when used properly.

I agree that Reckoning should produce energy orbs instead of, or in addition to, health. Ideally as part of the base ability.

Renewal should also be an ongoing effect that lasts for its entire duration. Maybe then it would be less of a balancing act to build for slow regen.

I feel that as a support frame, he isn't as useful in the majority of instances as Trinity. He is however one of the most balanced frames we have currently. Also if Trin is spamming energy vamp, that'd just be her doing her job, lol. Trin also doesn't only restore stats, she almost gives True Defense, a.k.a % damage reduction.

I agree. Even though some augments should be on the base skills, while others are just complete garbage.

But there are situations Oberon is useful that Trinity isin't. Trinity can't go CC and blind a whole group of enemies nor can she puncture/radiation proc them. the energy restore is certantly the best thing about Trinity but it's still one less body doing damage. Also the damage reduction is a rather short duration without building for it and I'd still say a duration build is bad for Energy Vampire. Plus going pure power strength works thanks to Energy Vampire itself plus makes its augment amazing.

And yes please. Even if the garbage ones were made default it'd still be great.