The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Mesa Ruined Warframe?

mmcareen

Mesa's ult has the same problem as old M.Prime. It took DE a while but they eventually nerfed M.Prime and made it balanced. Hopefully they are working on doing the same for Peacemaker.

Personally, I haven't played her since they changed her Peacemaker animation. Previously she looked so elegant when switching targets in Peacemaker. Now she looks robotic.

remember that peacemaker was already nerfed. before she shot as fast as you could click. ofcourse there were the macro botters so she was changed to have a wind up which fires slower than before

Sorry about that, probably should have looked to see if someone said about it before.  Actually I should have known.  I was just having a conversation with a clan member, new guy, we went and brought mesa out of the store because he said everyone wants her and his having such a hard time getting into matches.  So I just said I'm going to post it on the forums. 

It def is the community that does it.  but the community is going to take advantage of any we will call it weakness in the game.  I never really had a problem we rep farming as much as I do this.  I did rep farm for a short time, get I just started running tower 2 def instead, rep done and ducats, just made more sense to me.

I love how quickly so many people have replied to this as well.  Love this game.

Actually you're wrong , let's say Mesa get nerfed , and after all the people who will cry about this , what do you think going to happen? I'll tell you (anyways you guys can vote if you like )

A: People or tryng to tweak Mesa so they can get "her old power back"

B: Find a news warframe to abuse

C: "                                                  " and more people learn about it

D: "                                                                                                      " we're again back in the same situation , just another warframe ,anothers way to do it

Just think (Since I feel like you're new here) , about Nova in her time what happen? They nerfed her to death , what do you think happen?

Some Tweaked her even more, some found news ways to do even more easy... and it's repeat the same way/story

Sure people will find new ways to abuse other warframes, they always will. Even if they do though it will not be nearly as good as greedy pull & mesa together if they get a much needed balance check. Also nova was in no way nerfed, she was balance for the better. She is much more interesting now than she was before and most of the hate towards her is now gone.

I think people are overly dependant on Mesa.

Mesa can carry the team to 30 or so waves, really those waves are easy to begin with. Beyond that she increasingly is less effective. In reality she does not get players any further in the game than before she was around.

The fact that people are always asking for her is the problem, people aren't thinking and just going for what everyone else looks for. Saryn is still a powerful nuker.

I think to blame anything on Mesa you'd also have to blame Frost for his globe.

True. Taking a look at how new players play the game nowadays... Leechers everywhere, who pass their entire game expierience searching for someone who can carry them. Untill they get Mesa; at this point they think to be the ones who can carry others. That's why you can see so many players pressing the Hell out of 4 and MLB on low and mid level missions.

That's a shame. Back in my days, when I started play Warframe, skill and player's ability used to have value. Today it's just a matter of try to make the game the more easy it can be, and then complain on the forum because it's boring.

People usually use to say that Warframe community is one of the best, because there are a lot of friendly people. It's true. But it's also full of completely stupid players who just ruin the game to them and to everyone else, people who always want to exploit everything because they must show the World how much 'pro' they are.

Edited by Latronico

there will always be a away or a draco or a push 1 buttom farm no way to change it 

This isn't true though, there will not always be a loot cave.

Loot caves form because normal gameplay doesn't give players enough payout. This drives players to search for exploits, and fixing the exploit is good but doesn't actually fix the problem. If you fix the underlying problem (normal gameplay not being rewarding) then players won't flock to these loot caves, and those exploits can be fixed freely. 

Yes Mesa ruined Warframe.

Ignore the fact the Drop tables have been getting worse for over a year now.  And have pushed players to find places like E-Gate, Viver and Draco.

Ignore the fact that there isn't much to do outside of leveling up gear to farm Void and repeat.  

Ignore the fact we're given more weapons/accessories than quest/events.  

Ignore the fact that you only play Defense/Evac missions, because that's where you only see Mesa utilize her ULT.

Yes Nerf Mesa because of Draco.  Just like they nerfed Mag and Excal because of Viver.  

I'm sure its other things I forgot to tell you to ignore because the main goal is to get rid of Mesa.

I know a couple of players who quit after Mesa.. No not because they were angry, but because she trivialized content for them, and they got bored.

I mean DE created an aimbot frame for a shooter game... =\

Personally I don't mind players using Mesa, because I know her ultimate is stationary, and in maps where we have to run to objectives she has drawbacks.

But yeah... Sometimes DE has to be careful with this kind of stuff, I mean if they take aiming away from a shooter game, then what's the player left to do?

DE themselves have most of the blame. I didn't need to go to Draco/Stephano to level up. I could go to T4 Survival/Defence get same amount of exp but with much better rewards but they decided to change it for what ever reason. They added Nullifiers and Bombards to make it harder but apparently to make the game harder you remove rewards.

rip rare r5 cores.

You know what i love the most(THEN AN INFESTED KUBROW THAT I WILL NAME PHORID)...........Things that bring change.It keeps thing fresh specially in games.The nullifiers have created a threat in the way we use our power in void or corpus territory,and now if i am not mistaken in Nightmare Trials their is something similar to a nullifier and even wider field except you can kill it real quick.And as for bombard very good addition since well you can't just block them making you face them.

And well now i have more fun in Warframe Void.

And anyways i feel like it make since that new enemy such as the nullfier,manic,juggarnaut,mutalist,ect appear our enemy ins't just gonna let us kick them around they will evolve to face us.

althought i don't like the removing of rewards but i am not sure if is true about the R5 since i believe i seen them

Mesa has not ruined the game at all, she is a very useful frame which IMO is needed since other more recent frames sit and collect dust in my arsenal due to there being better options. That being said she needs some work. As others have already said, her aimbot is one major problem that needs some attention. If you had to actually aim at the enemies it would make for more challenging / enjoyable gameplay as well as act as a nerf.

You know what i love the most(THEN AN INFESTED KUBROW THAT I WILL NAME PHORID)...........Things that bring change.It keeps thing fresh specially in games.The nullifiers have created a threat in the way we use our power in void or corpus territory,and now if i am not mistaken in Nightmare Trials their is something similar to a nullifier and even wider field except you can kill it real quick.And as for bombard very good addition since well you can't just block them making you face them.

And well now i have more fun in Warframe Void.

And anyways i feel like it make since that new enemy such as the nullfier,manic,juggarnaut,mutalist,ect appear our enemy ins't just gonna let us kick them around they will evolve to face us.

althought i don't like the removing of rewards but i am not sure if is true about the R5 since i believe i seen them

Problem with Nullies is that they didnt solve anything. They were specifically made as Viverbot hinder, bandaid that spread across the game. When players encountered them they just switched to maps without them, and kept doing what they were doing on Viver.

Biggest issue for me are unrewarding content and grind.

Are you sure Greedy Pull is a problem? It takes 5 minutes to fix it. 
Piercing Roar has a range of 25 meters, no matter how many range Roar has. Mag's Pull can reach an huge range, and Greedy Pull has no limit, if not Pull one itself. 

Make Greedy Pull as Piercing Roar (i.e. Pull pick ups only in a range of 25 meters, or half the range of Pull and so on). Problem solved. If Mag is a problem of course, one of the worse Warframes in history, if not for the augment. 

Instead, what about Mesa? Her entire 4th ability must be obliterated. It's not like Ash's Blade Storm. Blade Storm at least has a limited range and is affected by Range mods. And it's slow, damned slow compared to Mesa ones. Peacemakers has 50m of range no matter what mods a player is using, and that's ridiculous. 

Edited by Latronico

Not a mesa user so i really have not much of an opinion here,but what was it that they did to Excalibur ulti....LoS

i feel like that could happend(WELL WOOPS i didn't know it had that implemented already) but you know what would be better just like Excalibur got his Ulti reword wouldn't it make sense that she gets something like that i always saw excalibur as representing blades,and Mesa as representing gun

So maybe they could make it so that when you activate peace keeper you can move around and you aim but your gun shoots like a shotgun.I mean each bullet being as strong as the original bullet of the gun your using but with insane spread and insane multishot.

Kind os like mirage 1st skill but with all the bullets comming from one place and being more.

I want to paint a good picture so lets say your using a vasto well VASTO HAS NOW EVOLVED FOR as long as peacemaker is activated to TATTATAAAA

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/multi-shot-pistol.jpg

Edited by Leavith

Instead, what about Mesa? Her entire 4th ability must be obliterated. It's not like Ash's Blade Storm. Blade Storm at least has a limited range and is affected by Range mods. And it's slow, damned slow compared to Mesa ones. Peacemakers has 50m of range no matter what mods a player is using, and that's ridiculous. 

LoS is enough of a hadicap.

I didn't say anything about getting rid off mesa.  Not once, I think she needs a nerf or rework.  for sure.  but they reworked nova and I love, they are currently reworking Excalibur and I'm looking forward to it.  I play pretty much every frame except Ember and Limbo.  I mix it up.  I'm not saying nerf her to the ground.  that's just pointless.  and I don't care about people running darco the same as I didn't care about people running E-gate.  And I do run other missions besides def.  I love survival.  it is actually my favorite mode.  no i'm not a camp, I will group together at around 30, but I was never one for standing a sewer.

I also know warframe isn't perfect, I also know the grind is real.  I got 1500 plus hours in this game... I know the grind is real.  but honestly name one game that doesn't have its downsides.   My big issue with mesa is people want her for everything.  If someone can make me understand why Mesa and Gmag is required for a T1D when you know everyone is only going to leave at 20 anyways.  I will change my mind and be pro-mesa.  all the way

LoS is enough of a hadicap.

How many warframe abilities require LoS but, however, are affected by range mods? I think everyone else. 

Furthermore, Mesa will never has any LoS problem, except if you're playing on Earth hidden in a Kubrow den.

wow, so Mesa is great for ONE mission type and team combo and she needs to be nerfed because of it?

Why not look at the mission and level design? Mesa is far from OP in other missions. She cant outkill Saryn in exterminate

Did you not bother to go through comments at all? Most of the people are complaining because Mesa is exploiting game mechanics, and ruining game in the process.

Soon we will have people in recruiting chat shouting "Hosting Corpus Spy mission on Venus, need 2 Mesa". She is becoming "mandatory" frame for most of the PUG runs.

Edited by RoboDoge