Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Have They Done To You Ash Prime?!

7Lions

De took all the complaints of volt prime looking to much to the non primed variant to heart and we suffer the consequences of having a primed frame looking nothing like it's original. I hope my edo prime will do a good job at masking those flab for arms, and have 0 regrets building trickery into the stock helm

De took all the complaints of volt prime looking to much to the non primed variant to heart and we suffer the consequences of having a primed frame looking nothing like it's original

Pretty sure that's false and Ash was probably already in development before Volt launched, but okay.

Tbh from the concept picture i'm very positively impressed. And i'll look forward to Ash Prime.

But then again, i am one of those special snowfkakes that liked Drac Chroma helmet more than the one we got as original and likes Amaru more than both, so there's that too.

We haven't even seen the full model yet, and it's not a great picture. Why don't we withhold judgment until we have a better view of how it actually looks? 

Also, the original Ash just looks god-awful. Practically anything would be an improvement over it. 

The changes make perfect sense too. They gave him more armor and shields, so the frame is more heavily shielded. He needs good armor and protection because he runs right into the fray melee style much of the time. From a design perspective, all of this makes sense. 

Plus, the original model was so bad, that I always expected them to make a drastic change. Ash needed a huge facelift/bodylift, and he's getting one. I am very excited. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Ash... I love playing as Ash, but his current model just looks terrible. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I like everything except for the helmet design.
why couldn't they just give us a subtle primed version of his default helm, like they did with loki / volt.

actually.. if they just removed the damn pony tail / weird tongs I'd be happy

Edited by RIOTx

I like everything except for the helmet design.

why couldn't they just give us a subtle primed version of his default helm, like they did with loki / volt.

actually.. if they just removed the damn pony tail / weird tongs I'd be happy

you mean the cockroach antennas? Yeah thats one major thing that bugs me about the helm as well

Those fan art looks hideous and generic as hell. 

Which makes me glad that Ash Prime actually looks the way he does.

Definitely gonna get him and rock that Prime helmet. I love how it looks kinda like some of his alt helmets.

EDIT: A reminder that you can use Ash's original helmet on his Prime, just like you can with all the other Primed frames. You've seriously got no excuse not to use him now.

Edited by Vargras

I just noticed that the only people in this topic who don't like Ash Prime's look are all using Red Veil icons.

Not edgy enough for you?

Yes... and before the red veil icon became available I used the standard Ash (not alternate helm) icon for the past couple of years. I chose the red veil icon as a joke to make fun of myself for being an edge master, and was thinking about going back to the original Ash icon I was using before.

I'm not hating on Mynki's designs, in fact he designed the original Ash that I use and love so much.

This prime though... It doesn't have the same elegance in translation as DE did with Loki Prime. I was hoping for something like that. Loki Prime actually looks like Loki as a Prime. This does not look like Ash as a Prime.

Either way I'm not getting too upset, because my favorite frame exists already... Just stating my opinion as an Ash fan regarding this prime's design.

Yes... and before the red veil icon became available I used the standard Ash (not alternate helm) icon for the past couple of years. I chose the red veil icon as a joke to make fun of myself for being an edge master, and was thinking about going back to the original Ash icon I was using before.

I'm not hating on Mynki's designs, in fact he designed the original Ash that I use and love so much.

This prime though... It doesn't have the same elegance in translation as DE did with Loki Prime. I was hoping for something like that. Loki Prime actually looks like Loki as a Prime. This does not look like Ash as a Prime.

Either way I'm not getting too upset, because my favorite frame exists already... Just stating my opinion as an Ash fan regarding this prime's design.

Couldn't have said it better myself, regardless I'll still love and play warframe and will continue to support it. Nothing wrong with wanting our fav frame to be a bad &#! looking mofo, especially when he's an edgy blade wielding blade storming ninja. I have to say loki is the best looking prime by far with his devilish looking appearance fitting of a loki demon. Just gotta wait and see how the end product comes out  for ash

I just noticed that the only people in this topic who don't like Ash Prime's look are all using Red Veil icons.

Not edgy enough for you?

Not really....I used the scorpion ash helm before the syndicates profile pic released the reason why I choose Red Veil Guy is because he kinda looks like stalker, but still i''m a Ash player and this prime version is better than I think of

Minky, I know people hate on you for your designs, but from the little I've seen of Ash Prime

cZ1cSph.gif

Ya done good, mate.

Agreed, After all he/she did an amazing drawing / sketching skills

Those fan art looks hideous and generic as hell. 

Well, at least they tried their best and show it to others XD