Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Scorpions Please. Very Annoying Unit.

Lancars

Oh The Irony you say that Lok_....Wait.....*looks to Loki Prime*....

Never Mind :3

FIY: Not really trolls, just people finding it cute, that OP thinks hes better then us all, and won't take superior advice or admit he sucks at the game. but yeah, if he can't beat an simple Grinner, then the Infested are going to chew him apart. 

-_- I'm not having problems surviving or beating anything i just find the harpoon very annoying. I don't die from anything and i never said i was better then anyone i'm just getting bad advice from some folks who are being trolls or acting like they are better then me like you are now you hypocrite.

"They Should"

Alright, so tell us OP, how do we "Nerf" it?, what about the Infested Ancients hummmm?,

Hay everyone I got an idea: Infested  Scorpion

Infested ancients are balance because they give a sign they are about to harpoon you and they are a bit slower to it. Scorpions are snapshot/pointblank/nevermiss even with rolling. So yea.

1 I'd like to play any frame i please.

2 Waste of mod slot.

3 I'm not better then them and again i'd like to play other frames other thing press4towin.

Scorpions are spamtards.

1. Fair Enough

2. An person gives you an suggestion, and you tell him this?

3. Yeah, Im not going to answer that

Look OP, if you can't sit down and take advice, or admit that we're trying to point how easy they are, then with all due respect, you really shouldn't posted here in the first place, anything else you say will just add to the reason to report this topic.

Dude,then dont play wit the Grineer if you hate them so much.

Handspring? Like you said waste of a mod slot.

Roll? like you said you cant roll all the time.

Don't blame the Scorpion ladies just because they're good at their job. 

Just because your abilities in dodging are a tad rusty and your mindset on using mod slots is as stiff as an iron bar doesn't mean the only way of fixing your problem is to nerf the unit and make them less of a threat.

Scorpions are fine as it is. If you take away their harpoons then they're just female butchers, where is the diversity in that huh?

1 I'd like to play any frame i please.

2 Waste of mod slot.

3 I'm not better then them and again i'd like to play other frames other thing press4towin.

I don't have nearly this much trouble with ancients since they take longer to fire it and they don't pointblank fire it. Ancients balanced. Scorpions are spamtards.

1 You cant. You have to adapt. DE dont really bother touching upon things like this.

2 Not if it provides stress relief. I use all anti knock down and anti status mods against grineer and infested in slow frames.

3 The only counter is to kill them before they get a chance to harpoon you or you prevent it with mods.

I usually play as Loki Prime so I dont care about them.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Like I said, if you pay attention and get good a knowing when to roll and when not too then you won't spend much time rolling at all.

Once it gets to a point when you do it instinctively then you will notice even less.

Don't over dramatise the issue, especially seeing as you don't seem to have spent much time even trying out what has been suggested to make comments like that.

Thats all the advice I have.

Either way I don't think there is any reason to nerf them.

Instinct is fine but you'd not gonna know where and when they are gonna pop up. I spent a awhole match just getting harpooned over and over around corners or through them. If i was in a longer hallway its fine but the small twists and turns and the fact the AI can see you at all times.

This is a problem because i'd like to have fun and play not get knocked over every few seconds because i was snapshot harpoons the second they came around the corner. What frame do you play? What do you do? Where do you play? Do you play in the open jungles of earth? There its easier to deal with but it small corridors its just knockdown spam all day. I don't want to become the boltor rhino and spam4towin all the time i want to play the other frames and play with the other weapons not having to sit there and focus on spamming the corners with shots.

1. Fair Enough

2. An person gives you an suggestion, and you tell him this?

3. Yeah, Im not going to answer that

Look OP, if you can't sit down and take advice, or admit that we're trying to point how easy they are, then with all due respect, you really shouldn't posted here in the first place, anything else you say will just add to the reason to report this topic.

I can take advice but this isn't good advice since I've done this stuff already. People tell me to roll i roll. I still get dragged. I put in the mod card and i'm missing out on some potential in usability for an RNG chance to be immune to one out of several things that will do this. I find i have a better time with Nulifiers and mutalist units because they are more balanced even when they first came out. I find the stalker and manic more balanced then this fight and enjoyment wise. But the fact i'm getting harpooned every few seconds. Imagine someone pointing a laser pointer in your eye every few second. It would add up after awhile to how annoying it would get.

Instinct is fine but you'd not gonna know where and when they are gonna pop up. I spent a awhole match just getting harpooned over and over around corners or through them. If i was in a longer hallway its fine but the small twists and turns and the fact the AI can see you at all times.

This is a problem because i'd like to have fun and play not get knocked over every few seconds because i was snapshot harpoons the second they came around the corner. What frame do you play? What do you do? Where do you play? Do you play in the open jungles of earth? There its easier to deal with but it small corridors its just knockdown spam all day. I don't want to become the boltor rhino and spam4towin all the time i want to play the other frames and play with the other weapons not having to sit there and focus on spamming the corners with shots.

OP like I said. If you practice then you will spend more time killing things, next to no time rolling, and less time on your tenno butt.

Sometimes you will still get hooked and sometimes you wont see it coming but nothing has a 100% success rate. You will goof the timing and sometimes mess up. big woop.

The point is all these things will significantly reduce your frustration and if done right, make it non existent.

If you won't take anyones advice then I don;t know what to tell you.

You have the tools and its easy enough to pull off.

The rest is up to you.

You have no cause to complain if you have tools but wont use them.

OP like I said. If you practice then you will spend more time killing things, next to no time rolling, and less time on your tenno butt.

Sometimes you will still get hooked and sometimes you wont see it coming but nothing has a 100% success rate. You will goof the timing and sometimes mess up. big woop.

The point is all these things will significantly reduce your frustration and if done right, make it non existent.

If you won't take anyones advice then I don;t know what to tell you.

You have the tools and its easy enough to pull off.

The rest is up to you.

You have no cause to complain if you have tools but wont use them.

This has been going on for me for awhile since the aiming changes made to the game when archwing was introduced. They toned back a lot of its on most units but for some reason i can be as dodgey and rolley as much as possible but i end up on my butt over and over to the point i'm just getting tired of it. It would be like being flashbanged in a game over and over yet no one is killing you. You end up spending most of the time blind like i end up most of the time being dragged unless i'm a frame that just ignores it like rhino's ironskin or oberons hallowed ground.

Its just getting to a point the fun is being sucked out of fighting the grineer for me. This is the only unit that gives me any kind of aggravation. The only one. Whent he nulifiers came out i didn't have to much trouble. The mutalists? (osprey and MOAs) i didn't have to much trouble because i was fast to deal with them but this is like being quickshotted before i even see them and it happens over and over and over. Out of all the units this one steps all over my fun.

I like how no one can admit they ever had problems with the scorpions. Like everyones had a 100% dodge ratio to them or never had issues. Yet most that i see never have issue is playing a loki or rhino. And the only advice i see is rolling and RNG chance to dodge it. Seems no one wants to admit it yet everyone wants to put me down as a bad player.

Well, sorry for what ever reasons you can't beat them is nothing we can't help with if you don't take our advice and go, DE will not Nerf them, just cuz you can't beat them. your as bad as Cod players, thinking people are hacking, cuz they beat them. Sorry..

If you want to complain about them, do it somewhere else, as topics like this will be just closed down, due to derailing and such and so, learn to adept to the games ways or well, there is no better way of saying it, just get better, I used to have an huge issue with alot of Mobs before, but I learned how to adept to them, The Grinner are push-overs to me now (Besides them damm Manics).

The Corpus Im still learning to fight them, and the Infested are the hardest faction in game, to my experience and yes I need to get good with them too, The Orokin are quite hard too due to high levels but they are beatable.

Just you wait, for the new Faction to come out, you'll be blow away, if you can't fight one target, let alone the new Geth like faction we're getting, and if that's the case they are like the Geth, then you are in for a real show.

I like how no one can admit they ever had problems with the scorpions. Like everyones had a 100% dodge ratio to them or never had issues. Yet most that i see never have issue is playing a loki or rhino. And the only advice i see is rolling and RNG chance to dodge it. Seems no one wants to admit it yet everyone wants to put me down as a bad player.

I roll squishy Saryn and I have no issues with the Scorpions when I'm sweeping a Grineer tileset. I only ever get dragged at hall junctions on Survival missions due to the enemy density after the 20 minute mark. Anywhere else and a Scorpion actually having chance to deploy a ripline is near nonexistant.

Simple solution is to check your corners as you're passing through the areas where they seem to be ganking you, then drop them with your weaponry while they're still in their 'readying the line' animation.

Don't have to roll around if they've been headshot/blown-up/pinned to a wall. And if you're not quick enough to do that before they fling the hook, well... It's on you.

Seems no one wants to admit it yet everyone wants to put me down as a bad player.

Well, we did at one point, like everyone else and you, but we don't now, because "We Got Better At The Game", its that simple and clear, and I have to agree, its not an welcome feeling, that you get put down as an bad player, but when you act like so and you come on here begging for an Nerf because you alone can't beat it, then you will be called that. and to be fair you alone or a very short amount of players   won't make the game change, just for you. The game don't roll around you.

By true hard fact, if you can't beat this Mob and you have the time to complain about it and not deal with it yourself, then..well I've played this game for quite a few years now, and Im STILL struggling with the Infested faction and Orokin, due to Im clearly not modding right or useing the right tactics  

Edited by LegionCynex

I agree. As of now, the harpoons aren't nowhere near challenging, but annoying for the sake being annoying. They are melee units using this tactic is needed to close distances but really, it's not really okay when Scorpions just randomly spam it whenever.

Dodge you say ? Would have been easier if they don't bend themselves and hook onto you with almost pin point accuracy, or that they don't go through walls and doors (Yes, they do that). Or they have zero to no telegraphing.

My suggestions :

I would love it if DE add a mechanic that allows you to spring back on your feet. For example : if you get knocked down by missiles or hooks, there will be a brief window of opportunity when your Tenno bounces back. It will take some skills and timing to work, and would (hopefully) make gameplay more rewarding than just "use X and Y to ignore it".

Harpoons should just be linear, no more bending ropes, reduce the range and speed, increases Scorpions' speed (attack speed as well) to keep up with us. Also, fix the Scorpions so they they immdiately retract their harpoons and be able to move after they "missed".

I think they're one of the enemies that needs better sound telegraphing. They do have an animation that gives players time to avoid, and with their slow melee attack you often don't even need it to avoid taking most of the damage, but it is frustrating to get downed by an enemy you didn't know was there. And in this game, there are too many enemies and spawn locations to blame that on player awareness.

I think they're one of the enemies that needs better sound telegraphing. They do have an animation that gives players time to avoid, and with their slow melee attack you often don't even need it to avoid taking most of the damage, but it is frustrating to get downed by an enemy you didn't know was there. And in this game, there are too many enemies and spawn locations to blame that on player awareness.

At least scorpions have better counter-play than grineer commanders.

There was a guy who actually tested all the dodging methods against the scorpions with video and they would snatch him out of the air and when the harpoon went straight it would just curve mid air or still grapple him even though he was not in it's shown range. I tried finding it but all i get it more well known videos on youtube when i search warframe :/.

They need some work done it should just be a straight line and they appear to stand still when doing it but I've seen some derp twisting when you try side stepping the rope. It's like they have an invisible shotgun spread range of it sometimes. It could be latency but there have been too many times when I'm flipping around and then out of nowhere a harpoon flies behind me but still sticks.

Anytime i fight grineer and i'm going through the level every few seconds a friggin scorpion slips around the corner and insta harpoons. I'm getting sick of being harpooned ever 5 to 10 seconds on a lot of grineer levels its getting infuriating. They never seem to miss. And they can shoot it through friendlies so they can be in a crowd and BAM harpooned.

Mods won't solve this problem and i can roll and dodge all i want but they seems to snapshot the thing and it doesn't miss at a set range. And some levels end up being cramped as soon as they round the corner its the FIRST thing they do and they seem to fire it before you even get around the corner so when i do pop out BAM harpoon and knocked over at point blank range. I have constitution mod but the fact i'm getting knocked down over and over and over and over and over and over and over its like a broken record with these (Insert harsh obscene words that can't speak on the forums due to rules)

Enough with the harpoon spam. Its not a challenge or an enemy tactic its just stupid annoying spam. I feel like i have to run a spammy frame in order to counter this cheap spammy tactic. Fight spam with spam and then worry when that spam ability he frame has gets nerfed.

EDIT: SInce people are reading into this wrong I AM NOT DYING TO THEM i'm just finding it very annoying. I don't die to the scorpions or there harpoons i just find the spam they do just plain stupid.

Hmm lets see.   Link, Hallowed ground, iron skin sure footed, handspring, just to name a few   kno wat ur up against n build accordingly.   They arent as bad as u say

I agree. As of now, the harpoons aren't nowhere near challenging, but annoying for the sake being annoying. They are melee units using this tactic is needed to close distances but really, it's not really okay when Scorpions just randomly spam it whenever.

Dodge you say ? Would have been easier if they don't bend themselves and hook onto you with almost pin point accuracy, or that they don't go through walls and doors (Yes, they do that). Or they have zero to no telegraphing.

My suggestions :

I would love it if DE add a mechanic that allows you to spring back on your feet. For example : if you get knocked down by missiles or hooks, there will be a brief window of opportunity when your Tenno bounces back. It will take some skills and timing to work, and would (hopefully) make gameplay more rewarding than just "use X and Y to ignore it".

Harpoons should just be linear, no more bending ropes, reduce the range and speed, increases Scorpions' speed (attack speed as well) to keep up with us. Also, fix the Scorpions so they they immdiately retract their harpoons and be able to move after they "missed".

Mechanic that allows you to spring back to your feet.   U mean Handspring ? 

I roll. Still hit. I can't see through walls and they snap around corners and i get hit. I'm running the whole time and i'm still hit.

If you are in an animation when they hit you, you will not get hooked. If you are around a corner, they can't hit through it. Sounds to me more like lag than an issue with the enemies themselves.