Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Enemies under Blind effect take extra damage. Finishers deals even more. It works that way, right? If so, make finishers only trigger on enemies if normal (boosted) melee attack wouldn't kill them outright. Quick disposal of trash and flashy deadly moves on heavies, best of both worlds, no extra buttons.

I don't like how his ultimate takes away my favorite sawfists. And I don't like longswords. They really should've been done something else other that melee override.

Personally I hope for Augments that change the blade into a different melee e.g. claws, axes, hammers etc.

I'm disappointed with Radial Javelin mainly. Slash Dash is great now, Blind was always cool and the Ult is fun to use AND most importantly, it's not another radial nuke, fire & forget skill, AND it promotes player agency - you have to aim and move around if you want to do anything with it. Nothing spectacular, I know, but in comparison to other Ults... yeah. 

The good thing is Radial Blind has innate finisher triggering and can be cast while reloading.

The armor buff is great.

However, Slash Dash misses targets pretty much if they are moving, and its range is too short.

Compared to archwing melee, Slash Dash is kinda disappointed to me.

Exalted Blade looks nice, but its damage is a lot weaker than my melee weapon.

I found 5 combos, non of them can out-damage my melee weapon (and just use quick melee only).

To be honest only auto parry is good.

It's an option, and when you are rushing into melee 5m is mostly all you need, and you can recast it a couple of times, free blind and cc.

Free blind and cc.

Radial Blind as it is now is a way to execute powerful, tanky enemies. It doesn't need to change.

Using the function button or hold melee to perform a finisher? I don't think they have to add another button to do that.

They could've kept finisher chaining on Radiant Finish. 

Edited by TotallyLagging

So much yes!!!

2 more mod slots would do wonders!!!

i have started a topic talking about this please give your feedback to help me with this ,i don't no want to be famous or anything like this, im just talking about something who could be very usefull to help us players have a better game experience ...

I have no problem with the current Slash Dash. I don't know about those who say it misses a lot, but I'm doing fine so far. It's great at closing distances/kill/knocking down enemies, mobility, damage and utility all in one.

And I didn't think I would actually misses SJ. Almost everytime I see a ledge, I press 3 and realise I'm using Javelin ;-;

This is gonna be more about aesthetics rather than his abilities. Mainly the sword.

The combos, spot on. They feel great for the most part.

The sword. I haven't tried Calibutt's ult on a normal Calibutt so this will mainly be about the ethereal Skana prime, although I do have something(s) to say about the normal Calibutt's energy sword. In the combos you can see both hands being used but the hilt seems too small so it kind of feels awkward. I think it would feel better if the hilt were just elongated just a smidgen. This is a small thing but would make a difference(at least for me. Don't know how other people feel about it).

Now the original Calibutt ethereal sword redesign. To me it just looks like a skinnier skana with shiny particles around it. I suppose it would make sense since Calibutt is the poster boy of Warframe and the Skana is his signature weapon. But wouldn't a european style longsword fit better? You have probably heard this argument before but, he is called 'Excalibur' after all. Shouldn't he have some european aesthetic to him? But instead of going all out "The Knights of the Templar order!" and such, you could combine a european dual-edged blade with a tsuba instead of a traditional longsword's crossguard.

Just some things that were bothering me. Can't say the same for other people.

There's a two fixes I would like to see to Excalibur given his focus on melee now:

1) Move finisher-attack to a separate button or modifier.

2) Slash Dash needs to trigger finisher damage when used during Exalted Blade while enemies are vulnerable. More ability combos.

Either of them would solve a lot of the grief with the current animation lockdown during blind+finishers and make his gameplay much more fluid and enjoyable.

Finally, given how Exalted Blade doesn't seem affected by most power mods, it would be nice if the pitiful damage on the ranged waves was given some other, minor cc component to make it useful to aim for enemies while closing the distance, instead having to rely solely on Slash Dash or directional melee or coptering (which might be getting changed). A short duration stagger for example. If would also keep enemies from being able to run away while you are slashing just out of range of their butts.

With these changes, Excalibur would easily replace Loki or Trinity as my melee frame of choice.

NB. I make no considerations for the actual balance of these changes. This is about the fluidity of melee gameplay. If changes are needed to tone the power down, then so be it. Valkyr is the closest frame comparable to Excalibur now but has nearly three times the base armor and when she gives up her ranged abilities she gain 100% godmode (I would love to see Valkyr given an overhaul similar to Excalibur, to give her more ability comboing, a toggle Hysteria and no godmode).

Edited by Malisanity

Anyway this is so fun to take back Excal (:

thats cute. cool beams and stuff. but my nikana still outperforms that sword, which is funny, it's supposed to be an improvement, not just for looks with unique useless effects. tell me how you make a video and ill post a video of nikana performance

I don't like how excal blocks on his own when you use his ult. I often find myself running out of stamina because excal wants to reflect every last thing instead of running ahead to kill whatever is shooting at him. Please remove this feature, make it cost 0 stamina, or just remove stamina all together.

As for my feedback on the powers:

Slash Dash is very very good.

Radial blind should not proc the ability to do finishers. Sometimes I just wanna melee something with the unaware bonus and move on, not spend 10 minutes dancing with it just because it's blind. Please leave blind finishers to the augment.

I don't think Radial Javelin fits very well into excal's current arsenal. Blind already stuns enemies, slash dash and exalted blade are the damage dealers. Swapping it out for some kind of movement speed buff or a damage reduction ability would be better.

As for exalted blade, other than what i already listed; It should have more range when you copter with it, and I think the shockwaves should travel faster, they just seem too sluggish at the moment.

One problem I did notice with the rework, and it's one that I predicted before the rework was done, is the reliance on too many powers. Right now, excal has the same problem as ember; You need to use multiple abilities for him to work properly, all of which benefit from different powers. This severely limits your options when you are modding and should be looked into.

Also, I don't fancy how the now-and-forever unobtainable excal prime has an armor advantage over the regular one. No matter how little or great the advantage, it's still an advantage. Do with that what you will, just giving you my feedback.

+1 to this post. agreeing completely about everything here, clearly it's from someone who used to play his melee in optimum way and after changes he noticed there were no improved gameplay compared to his old optimum gameplay with regular melee compared to new ultimate. and obviously we can't think of any good use for radial javelin, at ALL, this skill will most likely no longer be useful, can't think of any cases to use it atm..

someone suggested we could have passive radial blind WITHOUT the animation of radial blinds on slide attacks, and KEEP the slide attack to actually perform the spin attack, most of us kills with spin attacks when we use our melee. i highly suggest you could put a passive radial blind without interfering with the actual slide attack and its mobility. if that seems "too good" then expect alot of us meleers to trash excalibur for the sole purpose that there are better melee frames out there, heck, i'd even use mirage for her better blind version, by going to triton comparing survivabilty of mirage and excalibur, so far, mirage is doing a better job at it

Edited by SomeCrackHead

Tell me again why one shotting a level 80-100 enemy with melee is useless? You do know that only finisher damage can deal sufficient amount of damage fast enough to kill level 100+ enemies with S#&$ loads of armor right? BECAUSE IT DEALS DIRECT DAMAGE TO HP IGNORING ALL THE ARMOR REGARDLESS THE LEVEL.

Edited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-