The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

don´t whine, rhino prime has the same speed as the normal sized ones and the arcane helmet makes him even faster,

it´s unfair that loki is faster and has more armor than zephyr while she is lighter and made of stronger materials

Two words, IRON SKIN.

If you actually look at the stats, Rhino has more shield than both Excal and Chroma. And besides, in my experience, armor doesn't make you much more survivable. Honestly the difference in the rate you lose shield and health is negligible at high levels. Either way you will pretty much always be using iron skin or hysteria anyway, both of which negates the need for any armor.

P.S.

Instead of complaining about a system that is broken, developers appreciate it more when you state the problem and suggest a way to fix it.

Edited by Shadowray

I'd actually prefer a buffed super jump to radial javelin.

Radial Javelin seems kinda redundant with all of Excal's other moves. Super jump may not have been a standout move, but I still used it a fair amount. A little extra vertical mobility never hurt.

If not super jump, than something else besides radial javelin.

Super Jump was really a lackluster ability that should never have existed in the 1st place. They probably removed it because parkour 2.0 will make it totally obsolete.

Edited by Alphafox

He only gets 225 armor when he's using his new ultimate -_-

Nope, he has 225 armor base.

Right from the update page:

• Stat changes: Excalibur Armor:  Excalibur’s base has been increased to 225 and to 250 for Excalibur Prime.
Edited by R34LM

Why would you want to buy it then?

That's the point, I don't.

I was expecting that if they are bold enough to buff Excalibur Prime, something nobody except those who already have him can obtain, that they'd counter that with a Prisma variant of Excalibur for others to farm or something, I was not expecting a mere skin and as I said, I am not getting it.

rhino has iron skin, he can handle his own, plus thats 1000+ overshields he can make for 50< energy

valkyr has the lowest shields and we all know health can't restore, so she depends on hysteria and her armor

chroma isn't much of a tank either, even elemental ward ice and vex build doesn't keep up with the constant damage, and consider that chroma loses 1/2 his armor in effigy mode

Excalibur has high armor because well, none of his abilities provide instant armor boost, its only blind that protects him

plus you should consider that armor is just a very small damage mitigation factor, it takes quite a lot(like valkyr) to do a substantial difference in damage, high numbers /=/ high effects

• Stat changes: Excalibur Armor:  Excalibur’s base has been increased to 225 and to 250 for Excalibur Prime.

thats what he meant

@Whomever was the one mourning the loss of Superjump, well mourn no more, I found something out purely by accident yesterday when I was playing a T1D. In the heat of battle I happen to point my cursor up and at an angle while hitting Slash Dash and next thing I knew I was flying up through the air to land on top of the second story of the tile set, essentially I superjumped using Slash Dash:) So another side benefit:)

@Whomever was the one mourning the loss of Superjump, well mourn no more, I found something out purely by accident yesterday when I was playing a T1D. In the heat of battle I happen to point my cursor up and at an angle while hitting Slash Dash and next thing I knew I was flying up through the air to land on top of the second story of the tile set, essentially I superjumped using Slash Dash:) So another side benefit:)

this is stated in the new introductory video. Slash dash can be used as a mobility skill as well.

What weapons were you using ? It's possible it's similar to Mesa and depending on weapon type. As mentioned above, it's observed that EB hits harder with one handed swords, and it's likely this is actually a passive applied to all melee damage for Excal, IE: Deals more damage when wielding one handed swords.

Dragon Nikana felt faster than normal.

Oh... I see. Well, they'll probably change that later for Rhino.

But it does make sense for Excalibur to get more armor though, since he's THE swordsman.

well, armor value was set low when this game was young. and ya armor was kinda useless. i think rhino/frost/oberon could have armor buff too.

the only one that needs an armor buff is frost, he has no self defense ability right now(oberon has renewal regnerating his own health and rhino has iron skin removing damage off him, frost's snow globe doesn't count because you can still get hit in bubble or by rockets)

Dragon Nikana felt faster than normal.

Interesting.....

I can't get on for quite some time, but if anyone wants to test attack speed of Nikana's on Excalibur vs other frames... (which I think will carry over into Exalted Blade).

Edited by Gelkor

This argument again?

Seriously just grab your Excal and add a maxed steel fiber and walk into a hive mission on Eris and tell me how tanky do you feel.

Even Valkyr's 600 falls off soon on it's own. If you want armor to really feel massive go with an Ice Chroma. I know Valkyr can seriously boost her own armor rating and when that fails she can turn into an invincible ball of rage  (I'm perfectly fine with that. That should stay like that in PVE) but aside from that if you only rely your armor a Chroma can boost his much further.

What I want to point out is base armor means absolutely nothing if you don't back it up with abilities like Rhino's Iron Skin, Valkyr's Warcry or Chroma's Vex Armor. Even Zephyr and Mesa can tank more with their Turbulence and Shatter Shield.

Excal has armor so players without the proper mods have it easier with him. Once you get all your mods maxed you shouldn't even get hit in him at all.

(Just copied my argument over from the Wikia)

No intro no time waste... Just read the update 16.9.0 i was shocked... Ok we got it valkyr is special situaition wwith( 600 ARMOR !!!) Then come the weird frame with ( 350 ARMOR! !!) n...now you buff excal to 225 armor and the prime for 250 ARMOR what is going on? ? Why the heaviest Tanky frame with 190 ARMOr why De WHY? ?! And the both versions of Rhino has same armor... I call unfair..thanks for reading.

I am disappointed as hell.

This is a good change for Excalibur. Don't worry. Rhino's time will come.

You guys have some heavy misconceptions about the value of armor and the viability of iron skin late game.

Edited by Ronyn

the only one that needs an armor buff is frost, he has no self defense ability right now(oberon has renewal regnerating his own health and rhino has iron skin removing damage off him, frost's snow globe doesn't count because you can still get hit in bubble or by rockets)

frost actually has the best self defense ability. and i'm pretty sure he will be much better after the incoming rework/buff. healing is good for true, but i think oberon is fairly tight on energy usage. iron skin, i mean, it gets tear apart in seconds in high level.

Edited by Eric1738

It is known that Radiant Finish does a stupid amount of damage.  Players can spam Radial Blind and constantly watch finisher animations and pat themselves on the back on how skillful they are.

It's about as interactive as Ash players who only Bladestorm all mission and get top kills and damage for watching a continuous cutscene.

Here's hoping 2016 is the Year of Balance.

Edited by Wargasm_v2.X

-snip-

You guys have some heavy misconceptions about the value of armor and the viability of iron skin late game.

If Iron Skin added 10.000 ferrite armor to Rhino it would still be chewed off very fast in late game. Viability of armor sharply falls off and even straight up 95% damage reduction (Shatter Shield) falls off rapidly over level 30. What doesn't fall off is not getting hit at all.

If Iron Skin added 10.000 ferrite armor to Rhino it would still be chewed off very fast in late game. Viability of armor sharply falls off and even straight up 95% damage reduction (Shatter Shield) falls off rapidly over level 30. What doesn't fall off is not getting hit at all.

i actually cant agree on these arguments. 10k extra "shield"(ya, basically shield, cos not affected by armor value) is very powerful, even in late game. 95% damage reduction might fall off at lvl 100, but lvl 30? you must have done something wrong.

Edited by Eric1738

If Iron Skin added 10.000 ferrite armor to Rhino it would still be chewed off very fast in late game. 

Iron Skin needs a new core mechanic than a flat number of ferrite armor.

Viability of armor sharply falls off and even straight up 95% damage reduction (Shatter Shield) falls off rapidly over level 30. What doesn't fall off is not getting hit at all.

When armor is paired with things like the rage mod and lifestrike it takes on a high level of use.