Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lf An Anime/manga

Valkyr-Umbra

I'm interested in 2 general kinds at the moment, and would appreciate any recommendations.

1. A serious drama, something dark and adult, with some sort of action or intellectual, something stimulating/engaging (ex of what I have in mind: Death Note, Psycho Pass, Attack on Titan, Berserk, Code Geass...)

2. Something a bit lighter, maybe a little mindless. Basically a pick-me-up, not huge on romance, but can tolerate it if not the center of the narrative (ex: Bleach, Noragami, Fairy Tail, Persona 4 the Animation, Soul Eater...)

Something in-between these, like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Samurai Champloo, is also interesting to me.

Thanks for your time guys, sorry if I was to vague.

Edited by Snowman486

hmmmm

First: your taste is excellent 

second: try:

parasite: the maxim

Tokyo ghoul

and ergo proxy

in that order^^

Edit: also ga rai zero (hope i spelled it right) is quiet enjoyable.

Edited by Dawn11715

Knights of Sidonia is probably one of the first anime I've seen in recent years that I actually liked.

Also, cynical but humorous series I always recommend to people is Dai Guard.  Kinda a giant robot show trope deconstruction, things like how much property damage per battle will an insurance company cover, the pilots are all part timers who work for the marketing department of the company that owns the robot (because giant robots are really kinda impractical, it's just a marketing stunt), etc.

Edited by Gelkor

Claymore(manga), thank me later

I need to check out the manga, I liked the premise of the show when I watched it, but I definitely got the feeling that the show adaptation was likely butchering some story arcs. 

Gungrave has a lot of action ( and yelling) Elfen Lied is good, Outlaw Star is action as well (Older series) and Log Horizon is awesome.  

I've heard very good things about Elfen Lied, but I kind of forgot about it, I'll definitely have to give it a shot. Log Horizon seems very interesting, and it looks like it has a ton of episodes, I'll be giving that a look as well.

Try out the first 2 Persona 3 movies. There's also a third one but I don't think it's been subbed yet.

Persona 3 is one of my all-time favorite games, maybe my #1, I'm waiting for all four to be released so I can binge-watch. 

Kyoukai no Kanata. It's both. For something serious, go for Casshern: Sins. 

The premise of the first one sounds very interesting, definitely a bit of both. Casshern: Sins

Thanks, all of these seem quite good, Tokyo ghoul was actually top of my list of "to watch" (and Ergo Proxy looks fascinating, I can't believe that I missed this one).

Claymore(manga), thank me later

Read it last summer, definitely need to revisit it and get back up to date.

Outlaw Star I honestly don't know how to describe it anymore, but for me I thought it was a big part of my childhood with space bounty hunters and magic pistols/android. 

You could also try out Stein:Gate, has some light humor and what not and then begins to turn serious from just a experiment with a banana. 

Or Blue Gender... maybe. 

+1 for Kyoukai no Kanata, Steins;Gate, Ergo Proxy...

If you find yourself liking Log Horizon, check out Spice & Wolf. Surprisingly engaging economic fantasy with great characters.

Also, Shokugeki no Soma if... well, if you're masochistic enough to want to be tormented by delicious food appearing onscreen all the time.

Amagi Brilliant Park I haven't finished, but it's fun. Hataraku Maou-sama is another great comedy anime, though - Satan lands in modern day Japan and ends up working at a fast food chain.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

Last Exile, I'd say it falls somewhere in the middle. Probably my favorite anime personally..

The site I use launched the second one first. So I'm in the middle of watching the first one, it's a great anime.

Durarara

Blood blockade battlefront

*Steins gate

*Coppelion

*Terror in resonance

^Those three don't have so much action (they still have plenty action and are stimulating) but tend to the serious, intellectual, adult side.

Black butler

Blue exorcist

D. Gray man

Akame ga kill (anime < manga)

DRAMAtical murder (society is rotten at the core)

Black bullet (society is a bunch of twisted pricks and you must defend them)

Desert punk

Assassination classroom

If you haven't seen them already:

Gurren lagenn

Cow boy bebop

Akira (movie)

Edited by Postal_pat

Tower of god

Noblesse

+1,000,000

Wow, I didn't know anyone else read manhwa's :D

Seriously though, manga's, manhwa's, anime, whatever; Tower of God is one of my favorite storylines, period. Published as frequent as a weekly manga, but the quality of a monthly one.  

Edited by Snowman486

The site I use launched the second one first. So I'm in the middle of watching the first one, it's a great anime.

I'm soo backed up on my anime I haven't gotten around to the second one yet, hope it's good though.