Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

Problem is that the solutions listed are at least Imo cut-pasted out of games. Directly copying is something I do not want Warframe to adopt. 

Warframe's 3 weapon choice is fine; It's unique and lends to it's vibe.

When you see a warrior wade into battle bearing his gun and blades, you have a reverence for him. His weapons bristling on his back, in his battle's wake give him a charisma and sense of reality which conjuring out weapons out of thin air and puffs of energy do not have.

Tenno are like wraiths, with one foot in the present and future and another in the past they cannot leave behind. Carryiing their weapons cements this vibe-

Your weapons are real, they are there. They are old. But still in your hands they shine again, slay again.

You have that oriental, antique feel to your kit.

So each and every aspect of warframe is unique? It's completely original?

I think the thing is it's what YOU do not want to adopt.

i'm not going to force you to go toggle that option if you don't want to.  If ever it gets implemented. Go jump into that vibe.

I'm sure your vibe allows for things like swords puncturing rifles and your syandana while you run. Mine doesn't. Apparently it isn't just me.

I can still wield that sword or gun as well as any tenno without getting it tangled in my garments to boot.

I'm proposing an option. not a mandatory change. It can even be sold as a cosmetic change for plat if that'll help the creation.

i'm saying that they can continue to work on clipping issues but give us this OPTION while they are. and That's all.

Edited by _Rue_

From how this idea is going. I'm picturing this in my head.

10cryw0.gif

Why don't we just launch all our melee weapons at the enemy instead? With all the different builds on each weapon, it's got to be the anti-everything tactic.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

From how this idea is going. I'm picturing this in my head.

10cryw0.gif

Why don't we just launch all our melee weapons at the enemy instead? With all the different builds on each weapon, it's got to be the anti-everything tactic.

I don't think you understand. Same 3 weapons. Same builds that cannot be changed unless by going through the usual channels. Just that we do not see the weapons when we are not using them.

There was only 1 person who wanted more than the usual set of weapons. I don't see that derailing the topic. Don't exaggerate.

Like he said:

You're just asking for this so you can have a better view of any femmeframe's butt.

I see nothing wrong with this.

I don't think you understand. Same 3 weapons. Same builds that cannot be changed unless by going through the usual channels. Just that we do not see the weapons when we are not using them.

There was only 1 person who wanted more than the usual set of weapons. I don't see that derailing the topic. Don't exaggerate.

Like he said:

I was joking

Love this idea! Although I would like it not to appear magically but to like "transform" itself out like the weapons of the Transformers. Or maybe just as easy as Mass Effect weapons where they shrink a little, then when you equip it, it opens itself up. That would be neeeeaaat.

So each and every aspect of warframe is unique? It's completely original?

I think the thing is it's what YOU do not want to adopt.

i'm not going to force you to go toggle that option if you don't want to.  If ever it gets implemented. Go jump into that vibe.

I'm sure your vibe allows for things like swords puncturing rifles and your syandana while you run. Mine doesn't. Apparently it isn't just me.

I can still wield that sword or gun as well as any tenno without getting it tangled in my garments to boot.

I'm proposing an option. not a mandatory change. It can even be sold as a cosmetic change for plat if that'll help the creation.

i'm saying that they can continue to work on clipping issues but give us this OPTION while they are. and That's all.

I don't think I ever said every aspect is unique. They may be inspired but none of them are cut-paste.

I have repeatedly said IMO. Of course it's what I want. what you posted is what you want. It's the same for everyone else.

I stated why I don't want it. 

Oh and I also never said I enjoyed clipping. When DE fixes clipping things as they are now will be perfect.

I don't think I ever worded anything in as condescending a tone as you have. Way to go, OP.

It's a very good idea. Not only for weapons, but for ammo too.

I suppose, we should have different options (maybe cosmetic):

1) Default setup (like now).

2) Summoned weapons and ammo.

3) Weapons and ammo on frame (some kind of bags, bandoliers, etc).

4) Summoned weapons, ammo on frame.

5) Free choice, which element will be summoned/strapped.

Edited by letir

+1 OP. anything to get rid of THIS clipping:

8jq7dVh.jpg?1

OrQeDVj.jpg?1

this just looks painful

Well, you cant have hate for this kind of thread really: Clipping does get furstrating after a short while.

I remember when Jet Kitty went through Mirages' butt.... does it still do that? Too lazy to go in-game and check

nope, no longer clips her butt, but instead her helmet.

Why is this community so extremist when it comes to the smallest problems in the game? The answer isn't cutting out everything related to clipping, as that is actually more of a complicated coding fix for DE. All they would really need to do is move the weaponry around a little, and see if they can make the mesh a little more solid.

On top of that, nowhere in the lore does it support magic for tenno like that. The frames give abilities, yes, but they don't pull out fully functioning solid weaponry out of thin air. The lore supports the ancient orokin war era where a lot of these weapons were created, so yeah, the tenno are going to wear them even if it's a reminder of what they're fighting for.

And then there's the fact that the idea of anything pulling anything out of thin air is just stupid... makes absolutely no sense no matter what angle I try to approach it at and even after reading the comments. Just... eh... nooo

Instead if going extremist, maybe it would be better to go to DE and say "hey this is broken, so can we reposition some of the stuff and work on the mesh clipping, maybe make the graphics side a little more solid?", considering clipping seems to be the issue.

Edited by PriZms

Why is this community so extremist when it comes to the smallest problems in the game? The answer isn't cutting out everything related to clipping, as that is actually more of a complicated coding fix for DE. All they would really need to do is move the weaponry around a little, and see if they can make the mesh a little more solid.

On top of that, nowhere in the lore does it support magic for tenno like that. The frames give abilities, yes, but they don't pull out fully functioning solid weaponry out of thin air. The lore supports the ancient orokin war era where a lot of these weapons were created, so yeah, the tenno are going to wear them even if it's a reminder of what they're fighting for.

And then there's the fact that the idea of anything pulling anything out of thin air is just stupid... makes absolutely no sense no matter what angle I try to approach it at and even after reading the comments. Just... eh... nooo

Instead if going extremist, maybe it would be better to go to DE and say "hey this is broken, so can we reposition some of the stuff and work on the mesh clipping, maybe make the graphics side a little more solid?", considering clipping seems to be the issue.

I wonder about your statement...Between having materializing weapons on the frame's hands or repositioning and readjusting EVERY WEAPON on EVERY SINGLE FRAME BODY everytime a new weapon comes out, which would require more coding?

Edited by AoiiToori

Because every man has own opinion on important things.

Lore dosen't support reload-out-of-thin-air or ammo box in your dimensional pocket.  Deal with it.

Yeah, what's why anyone in Warframe can just pull ammo from nowhere and reload their weapons, even if they obviously don't have any bags with ammunition.

Warframe have tons of rames, guns and cosmetics.

dont forget that they talked about this in Dev stream 50

5qs.png

Kept on talking about it... and when they released cloth physics and the Syandanas it was still a problem... still is.

It's been a problem since the game began (maybe not that much-no Syandanas) and it's still a problem til now. If it's something that can be fixed it should have been fixed already... had it been easy.

I want weapons appear like this:

2xfaf4qm.gif

Looks okay. Bit more customization for the game but something this fast and non obtrusive. People also keep on talking about Ultraviolet and Borderlands but i couldn't find a video showing em.