The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

I do like this idea, though I didn't read through all the comments, however I could see something like the Vanquish (game) transformations. Where it comes out of like a core. Here's a link showing for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/WEQc7p3X4HM

When I read this post this is exactly what came to my mind, I know copying is not professional at all, but something similar maybe?

Wow, beautiful. Why don't we keep the materializing thing for all non-tenno weapons, and make tenno/orokin weapons materialize like the ones in the video. That will make tenno tech look more synergic with his...own technology?

Now that I think of, anyone knows who originated that technology? and who has it?. Tenno have it for sure, but don't recall any other faction doing such things.

+1, I had a similar idea since long time ago. It would really fit the atmosphere too.

I always HATED like how in so many games the swords just seem to be stuck with some magical glue on peoples back 

i5I2sDD.jpg

It surely looks awkward. Same with how primary and melee weapon is stuck on Tennos back.

Hey there, Respect for Duncan of the Grey Wardens Please.

They have sufferend too much with the taint and Darkspawn threat to deal up with this. :C

Hey there, Respect for Duncan of the Grey Wardens Please.

They have sufferend too much with the taint and Darkspawn threat to deal up with this. :C

'I ain't got no time for this S#&$!'

On a serious note if this is purely optional, then fine.

The FF thing is definitely one of my favorites. Being able to switch like that from melee to primary/secondary then back would be quick and amazing. :)

Not to mention we'd actually see players experimenting with different weapon types as well. It also incentivizes players with melee being able to switch quickly between the their weapons faster to utilize melee far quicker than before.

It's a neat idea but nothing currently being developed like this. When a time window for experimentation in this way emerges for the dev team it might be something they prototype, but nothing we can commit to. I checked with Geoff and I know some talks about "phasing" or "materializing" has been talked about, but again, just talks.

Quoting myself on this because things change very quickly (especially when shiny new capes become a reality, can't have those clipping!). It looks like a 'Weapons visible when Holstered' option is being explored soon!

well there goes showing off cool weapon skins D:

She just said it will be an option meaning if you still want to show off you'll still be able too

Option certainly is the key word. It'll be a 'holstered weapons visible' yes/no option. If you want to show your holstered weapons, leave them visible. If you don't want to show your holstered weapons, toggle the option.

Quoting myself on this because things change very quickly (especially when shiny new capes become a reality, can't have those clipping!). It looks like a 'Weapons visible when Holstered' option is being explored soon!

I like this idea a lot!

Now I'll actually be able to notice the syandanas and back designs with out these weapons having to obscure them.

Could this be the first step towards a new weapon switching system?

Option certainly is the key word. It'll be a 'holstered weapons visible' yes/no option. If you want to show your holstered weapons, leave them visible. If you don't want to show your holstered weapons, toggle the option.

Yes!! I love this idea, I'll defenitely turn the option off... Just a thing... how about splitting this option into three: Primary, Secondary, and Meele? I'm pretty sure there is someone out there like me that loves how their secondary looks, but hates most of the primary and meele on the back... please DE, make it happen <3

or even better! as some people has suggested, to put a check box on each weapon! would make life easier for everybody! 

EDIT: YAY, devstream 57 confirmed this, each weapon will have a turn on/off visible while holstered option! CONGRATS TO EVERYONE :D

Edited by Lokime