Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx, Rhino, Or Oberon?

CecilFF4fan

Question

I just now completed all of the required parts for Nyx and Rhino. I really wanted a Oberon since i'm only missing the Systems bp (sadly after a month).

But I need a new Warframe, so I can lvl. up my mastery faster.

I'm currently a Mag lvl. 30 and i love having AOE powers also being a helpful support/crowd killer. I usually stick to melee but I'm starting to use more of my guns. IDK which Warframe fits my type of desired preferences, so i asking the community. (P.S. I hear that Oberon bp's can be easily obtain in void, due to more powerful Eximus enemys)

16 answers to this question

Nyx starts slow but is a good high-end frame with smoooooth gameplay. Her 3 and 4 make her great at both melee and guns.

Rhino is a rush; a competitive, alpha athlete, hits fast and hard with shock and awe with any playstyle. Oberon is a blend of the two that benefits from good armor, a unique resistance based 3, and heal abilities for squadmates. Definitely get stretch for Nyx and Oberon. I really like all 3 frames.

I really wanted an Oberon so I might get Nyx, sell Mag and hope I stumble upon a systems bp for Oberon to make him. What mission or mission lvl. would eximus units appear more often, also would void be ok to farm for him?

Yeah, Void's fine for him, considering I just picked his systems up in a T1 Defense around the 11th wave. Pretty much any endless mission is gonna start belting out Eximus units as you approach 10-15+ waves/minutes, or around 3-4 rounds of Interception. After that, it's just down to luck and keeping your objective and self alive long enough to reap the reward you seek.

Nyx is probably the best frame outa these 3. Got a prime edition tho.

Oberon might be fun but thats about it. Offers worse confusion then nyx, isn't tanky even with his heal, isn't strong with his abilitys and its pretty much impossible to build him propperly.

Rhino is kinda missing the endgame potential as well. He works tho and is amazing in the early game.

Nyx is the strongest imo but has a prime edition that sells pretty cheap (got a complete set for 40p yesterday)

I'd say start with nyx, continue with oberon and keep rhino for the time beeing. Consider getting rhino and especially nyx prime later on. Dark sektor defenses are a great place for oberon parts btw. Farming oberon is more about the quantity then about the quality of the enemys.

Oberon was my first Warframe after my starter and he was great for getting through a lot of low to mid level content in the star map, as well as being really useful to the squad as a healer and for crowd control. 

You'll find his parts drop like candy once you start doing survivals/defense/interception really anything endless. I've done four rounds of interception on early game stuff like Augustus, Mars and got the whole set before. Oberon will no take too much longer for you to get, and he is a great early game choice. 

I don't suggest Rhino for early game because I think he teaches new players bad habits, and I think Nyx may be a little more advanced for super early game. 

I would go with Oberon if you can get him. He's really great for where you are in the game right now. 

Nyx was my second warframe and really enjoyed running with her, her third ability (chaos) makes a lot of the runs easy to do solo and her ultimate is really good if you end up getting rushed or need to cover an ally during a revive, tips n tricks for Nyx, when using her ultimate if you have teammates nearby get them to throw some damage at you to increase your overall output, when you see a packmaster use mind control (1st ability) and then kill his hounds when he summons them again they will fight for you even after the packmaster is dead 

Edited by (XB1)A YorkshireZulu

nyx is a great frame.   I use it as a sniper some -- you can mind control at range, hidden, and draw out hidden enemy to snipe, its pretty sweet.   Psychic bolts is kinda weak, but chaos is good in defense & survival, as is absorb.   Absorb is both a large aoe and a "oh no" save yourself from death button rolled into one, and its cheap power costs for the returns if you use it in large groups for a quick boom or a quick shield recovery (your shield comes back while you are immortal). 

oberon is a good all-arounder that can heal a group and generally do anything.  I find him a little bland, but its a solid frame. 

Rhino is a must have IMHO, he makes leveling up reset or new items much easier, esp melee where you can chop on the enemy with impunity.  He is also good to farm your first nightmare mods, makes most of the modes trivial.   Its a good frame in many ways but don't get addicted to killing low level enemy with ironskin running ....  that is great for getting specific things done but its not a good way to play long term. 

Mag is awesome.  One of the best in the game, ... you won't find another frame with such a powerful and cheap aoe power for a while ... most of the other frames are more like crush than pull --- use a lot of power for their aoe and less spamtastic. 

Edited by jonnin

Oberon

Love this frame, its my goto frame when I dont need specific combo of frames. Hes more than tanky enough for T4 stuff, and his CC is always useful regardless of damage due to its proc. His first ability is great for single procing and knock downs (single procing is good for turning that one bombardar against everything next to him). His healing is nice because there is no range limit as far as I can tell, so I can see shields drop and then start pumping out heal after heal after heal. His second is fun, and great late game cause it adds armor and protects from status effects.

Rhino is a ton of fun, but he will make you lazy if you become too reliant on Iron Skin. I am in a similar boat (though I already have Rhino). I have the components for both Nyx and Oberon and have yet to make a decision. Though talking with my clan mates, Oberon seems to be the consensus also. I would go Oberon first, then Rhino, and later Nyx if for no other reason than to collect the MR points.

Edited by (PS4)CowboyJeff72

The Oberon build are almost full of rare mods, Rhino will need some strenght to be god mod( Intensify and Transient Fortitude) and Nyx is the easiest to build ( stretch + Streamline) to do her joob pretty well, so i sugest Nyx...

But once you get mods like Rage, Quick Thinking, Transient Fortitude and Intensify go for #oberonmasterrace , you will do tons of damage/Cc...

Get some sellable stuff, trade it for platinum and get more slots. Then get all 3 of them, they are both different and offer different playstyles.

You might end with frame that doesnt suit your playstyle if you relay too much on other peoples views.