Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supreme Court In America Rules Same-Sex Marriage Legal

Xiusa

While I consider this very good news, I have to ask, what this has to do with Warframe?

Off Topic is the place we use to talk about political and religious views as well as discuss and compare other games, personal histories, anime, soap operas, sex lives, horror movies and just about anything else.

I prefer banning of all marriage. 

I personally don't see the point of the legal end of marriage.  Why does the state get to have any say in who I spend my life with?  I understand the ceremonial/religious aspect, just not the states participation. 

I personally don't see the point of the legal end of marriage. Why does the state get to have any say in who I spend my life with? I understand the ceremonial/religious aspect, just not the states participation.

Mainly welfare and taxes. Those are the reasons the marriage has a legal side to it.

On topic, kudos to Murica :)

I personally don't see the point of the legal end of marriage.  Why does the state get to have any say in who I spend my life with?  I understand the ceremonial/religious aspect, just not the states participation. 

You get one or the other. Now that the "everyone" ruling is in effect there isnt any reason to pull the "nothing" card. Also you require paper, and a signature, from a third party, in order to tell you that you love someone? 

Edited by BirdOfSong

You get one or the other. Now that the "everyone" ruling is in effect there isnt any reason to pull the "nothing" card. Also you require paper, and a signature, from a third party, in order to tell you that you love someone? 

To me, marriage is no different than being in a relationship with someone else.

Only difference is that the legal contract stating you're now spouses.

To me, marriage is no different than being in a relationship with someone else.

Only difference is that the legal contract stating you're now spouses.

The big thing is that same-sex couples now get all the assorted benefits other married couples get. Even in states where same-sex marriage was legal a lot of couples didn't get those benefits.

It's been a very bad week for American conservatives. 

Edited by vaugahn